/ipg/ INSTANT POT GENERAL: Share your tips edition

Just got an instant pot for christmas. Anyone else have and use one? Any tips?

Nope

>POOnam

What is an instant pot?

I make barbacoa beef and puled pork in mine.

Pressure cooker for millenials.

>instant pot

So basically any type of pot other than edibles? Doesn't seem very Veeky Forums related.

>instant pot
DUDE

I too received one for Christmas. I already had a rice cooker and air fryer (which is actually just a mini convection oven and I hate the name air fryer reee). What God tier stuff can be made in these thing? Can this thing be used to make stock?

>Not interested in soups or stews

Its a little more than that. I bought one a couple months back and can happily report that it is designed better than your dads pressure cooker, and the thermostat and fine temperature control allow for much better scorch free cooking than stove top models from years passed.

I use mine to cook a lot of beans, lentils, and barley and my soup game has exploded.

tomato soup? 2 tomatos, a half an onion, a carrot, a cup of water or veg broth, a bay leaf a little salt and pepper. 15 minutes on pressure, blend... wah lah. tomato soup.

you can make red sauces that taste like they were cooked all day long in 45 minutes because the highly pressure temps allow for maillard reactions through out the entire pot instead of just at the surface or sides, like in a normal pot.

i use the delay feature to wake up to oatmeal every other morning, which i had prepared the night before. 1 part oatmeal, 2 parts water, 1 part milk or almond milk. cinamon, golden raisins, pecans, a little salt. 6 minutes of pressure. add a little brown sugar over the top when served.

i use the pot in pot technique to do grits, rice, sticky rice, and quinoa and i prefer the results of that to the results of my rice cooker now, its faster too.

I bought mine back in october and have probably used it at least 3 times a week since.

Can it be used to make meats? Do they end up mushy?

Yes and they come out pretty good (not mushy).

Good post

I got just recently. Tonight a made a chuck roast in it.

Seared it, deglazed the pot with some stock and beer and stuck it under high pressure for like an hour. Came out pretty good

>Can this thing be used to make stock?

Yes. Put everything in the Instant Pot that you would normally use for making stock. Then fill it with water to the FILL line. Close it up, press the MANUAL button, and make sure it's set to high pressure for 60 min.

After the Instant Pot reaches full pressure, the timer will start to countdown. When the timer goes off, you can either rapidly release the pressure by opening the vent valve, or let it "natural release" by waiting for about 30 min. Once it's de-presurized, you can open the pot. I've had great success making stock this way.

Is this thing legit or just a big meme like air fryers?

hnnng

They're legit if overhyped being that all the Instant Pot is is an electric pressure cooker/multi-cooker which have been around for years, but are just becoming mainstream.

its just an electric pressure cooker with some convenience programming.

It's a combination pressure cooker and slow cooker with controllable temperature. It's pretty nice.

I have one. I use it for soups and chili. I need to start using it for roasts though.

in the LOOnam?

How easily could one reduced a stock in an instant pot? Could you leave the vent open for a few hours?

This is the shilliest post I've ever seen on Veeky Forums.

Thanks for posting user. I wish this board had more of you.

It's good for pulled pork at the very least. Not bad for beef stews either, although obviously you should be browning your meat before stewing it, but it has a sautee setting that works acceptably for that purpose.

I just got one for christmas as well and used it for dinner tonight. I love this thing, I'm going to try making yogurt and applesauce in it.