What is the best grocery store and why is it ALDI?

What is the best grocery store and why is it ALDI?

Everyone shits on aldi but
>Everything is non-GMO
>Cheap af
>Good german company
>They just remodeled all of the stores in my area and they're all nice looking

I get all my groceries there.

It's Aldi.
I guess Waitrose and Marks And Spencer are technically better but for the price to quality ratio, Aldi is the winner.
Britfag.

I don't use it for everything, but I get most of my groceries there.

the ALDI near me has a bunch of fucking indians who shop and work there

no thanks

Some things suck, yeah. But I know how to shop, and I've got a suspicion that a ton of their stuff is actually name brand but repackaged so the manufactures can increase revenue.

Its shit if its your only grocery store. Its great for buying the staples

amen - i got a carton of eggs last week for 50 fucking cents. 50 FUCKING CENTS FOR 12 EGGS. I also got a bag of onions for under a dollar.

Yeah, but how are the prices and quality of food? Indians are notorious for being ruthless when it comes to shopping. It's probably the reason they shop there. It's you'r fault for living in an area filled with poos anyway.

low prices and great food at pchops

>foodhall

Oh I'm sorry was "grocery" not trendy enough?

Mine always has this weird smell when I enter. It's like the fish smell is mixing with the bread and the floor cleaner and I don't like it. Bad ventilation I'm guessing.

My local M&S always smells of smugness. Mostly my own.

Wegmans is the best if you arent poor
Whole foods and trader joes can't compete and places l i ke aldi cant compare

They generally have the best produce deals around here but its hit and miss with meat. Their new ad comes out in a few hours though so we'll see.

I'm about to get it too. I think the local physical paper has store/region specific deals though. Did you know they mandate that all product packaging goes through their own graphic designer for marketing consistency?

maybe it's different elsewhere, but every aldi i've seen near me is a small store, like somewhere between a large 711 and a cvs/walgreens. i just assumed it was a convenience store and not a real grocery store like whole foods or publix which are much larger buildings.

It's a store that's been built for the highest efficiency possible. The cashier doesn't even bag your shit for you and most items are put on the shelves in the box they came in. It's the secret to their success and is the entire reason they were able to carve out a section of the market for themselves.

i'll give 'em a shot sometime, i like exploring new grocery stores

Nah honestly I just go there for produce and occasionally to stock up when they have good meat deals. Sometimes I get stuff like eggs too but I don't do my main shopping there.

And yeah the five stores I go to all update their ads on Tuesday night/midnight Wednesday. We have a CashSaver here too that just released a month long ad though. They usually don't have good produce or fruit pricing but they have good prices on random stuff a lot. They do add 10% at the register though because its a meme store but whatever.

Just don't go in thinking everything is good. They have some shit that is fucking incredible for a price less than half of the major stores. Their meat section is shitty. Try the feta stuffed green olives or the 2 dollar wine.

>Highest efficiency
>1 line that goes beyond the checkout and into the aisles

>They do add 10% at the register
What the fuck, that seems kinda weird? What state do you live in?

It's efficient for the store, not the customer. The customer in exchange benefits from the lower prices that are possible because of the lower overhead. By all means feel free to go to hannaford and be assigned a line.

the bread sucks and the dry dog food smells funny.
The rest is all good.

They just remodeled my location as well. Been shopping there again recently

:^) Nice try stalker. I'll try to post an ad if my internet stops shitting out.

Motherfucking Winco my dudes

Get you potatoes and onions for super cheap

theyre pretty good for some things, not all things though. The only meat I would probably buy from there is bacon.

They pay their employees pretty well too.

the meat is kinda sketchy honestly. They had a hiring fair near me about 2 years ago and I was kinda stunned to see they were offer 14 bucks base pay.

Yeah it looks sketchy to me. I figured Bacon probably isn't that bad though.

And yeah they do start at 14 which is pretty good and why most people want to work there. Also they let their cashiers sit in chairs which is pretty unheard of at every other grocery store.

The bacon is fine, but it doesn't last long after you open it. Those little bacon wrapped filets are pretty good if you're feeling lazy. Did you know the FDA mandates that the little window is put on every bacon package?

Oh wow, no I didn't know that! You learn something new everyday, thanks.

That window is pretty helpful desu.

Right on user

Sorry user my internet is shit and is barely letting me post. You can google Cash Saver and see their ads if you're curious. They supposedly mark prices "at cost" and then add 10 percent at the checkout so they can make a profit.

Hells yeah senpai, tell me more useless facts!

I accidentally clicked on this board and this is a great store. As someone with the penny pinching sensibilities that rival the likes of Shekelstein Noseberg, I approve of the deals here.

>implying

Welcome, user and enjoy your stay and do please come back. We're the perfect mix of fast and slow. This truly is the greatest store for pinching.

Their salsa is terrible.

They have the best braunschweiger at a great price

its a crime to even call it salsa. its literally tomato paste and spice

Meh their salsa is about as good as any of the other store bought salsas. The problem is their tortilla chips are total shit

Wtf is that?

Aldi is fucking based af.

coincidentally Aldi is also my favorite car manufacturer

You have a shitty Aldi

Both of the ones within driving distance of me have 6 cashier lanes, typically 4+ are open when it's busy

shit taste
turkshit

I’m just joking about the name dude, fuck turks and fuck VAG

I don’t live in an area filled with poos, I said the only ALDI near me (30 miles away) has a bunch of smelly indians inside and outside.

I went t aldi once i wqlked in looked around and fucking left store feels like a shitty 99 cent store i did not want to touch anything

A dollar store is on average more expensive and lower quality. That is the magic of aldi

The prices are great for all the basic necessities. I got lucky though, the Aldi near me is right next store to a Market Basket. So I really have the spread of cheap groceries and I have always enjoyed Market Basket's baked goods.

>they let their cashiers sit in chairs which is pretty unheard of at every other grocery store.
Really? Must be US thing. I have never seen a cashier not sit in a chair here in germany.

>fuck VAG
vag is great

I got my dozen for 23 cents lmao

Holy shit, what region are you in?

Is this a shill? I know the word is overused here but is it legitimately a shill? ALDI is absolute garbage. Their fish from China (go ahead and read the label). Their generic store brand is one of the worst things I've ever tasted and I shop at the dollar store.

Not a shill, just a fan. I agree that the meat and fish is sketchy at best. The cheese and staples are cheap and good though. I probably like the store more than is normal though.

hope you agree

Here in europe Aldi/Hofer is like the go to story for normal people. You get all the essentials from there for cheap.
But for good meat/cheese/hams and all non essential spices and out of the norm ingridients we go elsewhere.
The non standard aldi things are mostly shit

my aldi has amoroso rolls and i hope yours do too. aint nothin gonna beat an amoroso roll

Aldi is great for low budget certainly.

+Pantry items are decent.
+good selection of acceptable oils and baking materials.
+Produce can be very cost effective in relation to quality.
+Cheeses are meh, but cheap and okay for certain cooking.
+paper products like TP are excellent buy.
+bonus aisle of department store items which rotates is always a fun surprise.

- meats to be avoided - frozen so long, even braised meats don't tenderize correctly.
- chicken same.
- ground beef of very low quality unless you buy "angus" package which is only as good and priced higher than better meat store like publix or whatever you northern normie trash like
GAINESVILLE, FL ALDI>>>
- never enough registers open - lines go into aisles and block shoppers.
- everyone always upset, though college aged these days are so disconnected and cunty.
- new, so most people don't understand what to do here.

+++Bonus
Cheap wine deluxe and excellent "Burlwood" $4 champagne.

If I had more money, Publix and local butchery would be primary, buy Aldi is truly an excellent addition to American market.

I feel like traitorous scum for patronizing the neighbourhood Wal-Mart across the street from Publix, but I'm too poorfag and need my self-checkout.

the discount vaporwave publix with poor lighting and empty aisles

>there are people in the world that don't know the shopping pleasure that is Hy-Vee
I feel so sorry for the Third World.

Delhaize :^)

> Idigineous people

Gawwwd

Serious question: is Aldi actually considered good where you're from? It's in the absolute lowest tier here.

>tfw I lived in the American South in the early 2000s
>That Jurassic Park III birthday cake I had custom made from the Winn Dixie bakery

Pure fucking kino

HEB for general supplies, Central Market for butchered meats/seafood/specialty cheeses/hard to find items, Costco for good deals.

if it wasn't for this place, grocery shopping in the heartland would be hell

Yes. Australia.
All the stores are brand new in my state (they only came here last year).

I only buy certain products from them though because most of it is imported from third world shitholes, including USA.

The rest of my weekly shop I get elsewhere

>non-GMO
Why does hat matter? Do you actually believe that GMO's are harmful?

Woah have you been taking stupid pills? Lidl is superior to Aldi. Lidl is the only place where you can buy Nougat Pillows, the best cereal ever made.

Those of us who are tired of being poisoned by roundup and dicambra care, but you do you, although except in 3rd world countries where the starving will eat anything, it's getting harder and harder to find GMO products thankfully.

I mostly go there for soda deals, otherwise I get the rest of my shopping at aldi.

lidl is literally the aldi version of aldi

i prefer this.
t. poorfag

>realizing you forgot to bring your own bags while in the checkout line

>quality food
It's a cheap as fuck costco combined with whole foods made cheaper. Anything "fresh" I get there spoils within 2 days max. I no longer shop there. Aldi is shit.

I dont know if its the same every where but in England the p/h rate is good but you are classed as self employed. i.e. you dont get holiday pay

there has been no siginificant study to assume gmos have negative effects. the reason everyone is against it is it is causing superbugs who are resistant to pesticides , and the land is not as easily re-cultivated. the nutritional value is the exact same. you're delusional. nongmoproject.or g/gmo-facts/

The last time I shopped at Winn Dixie there was a spider web in a box of I guess cake mix or something I was asked to get. Glad that place was shut down and replaced. Love me some Aldi and Harris Teeter. Prefer Publix but they still haven't gotten one in my town yet. Have to drive 25-30 mins to nearest one which I do when I can.

How are Lidl's? I started seeing them popping up in NC.

>i'm trying out for the gmo idf but I'm too stupid to realize the issues are directed toward herbicides instead of pesticide resistant superbugs

Try setting your sights a little lower. Perhaps you can become a magronald's shill and work your way up.

FUGG THIS HAPPENS TOO MANY TIMES

It's a European thing in general. I'm from Australia and I remember being surprised seeing cashiers at tesco sitting down on chairs when I went to the UK.

Fareway is better.

>dat meat market with 50's aesthetic and all around better everything

I fucking love their polska kielbasa
i don't know what sort of chemicals they add to it but it tastes so much better than all the other brands

Dude, I forgot all about Fairway! I used to shop there all the time back when I lived in Spirit Lake!

Wegmans is easily the best.

Shout out to The Fresh Market for being a better, non-meme version of Whole Foods