Why is it so good Veeky Forums?

Why is it so good Veeky Forums?

bacteria n shit

step aside

Had a burrata made in front of my very eyes in a lovely little italian restaurant in my town. It was stunning.
But respectfully, this is a blue cheese thread, user.

fakkin patrician shit

fair enough
What's you'r favorite blue cheese dressing / dip? I've been looking for a good one but the p remade stuff is almost universally bad and I don't want to make it every time I want some.

I like something that's exceptionally pungent. There's this Danish blue cheese which is good. But I'd be open to recommendations.

Mmmm, fuzzy mold curds! LOVE IT

blue cheese has mold in it

Smokehaus bleu is pretty fucking good

It tastes good.

never seen a smoked blue in the UK. sounds bloody fantastic tbph

very observant, user

>Smokehaus bleu

>bleu cheese
Go fuck yourselves, it's blue fromage not bleu cheese.

Because it's sooo rotten

>dat hair

I think you'll find it's formaggio bleu

gorgonzola masterclass

>gorgonzola
entry level blue cheese tbph

>when the cheese is ripe
>and the flavor is BIG

Mrs. Bogdanoff.. I wasn't expecting you here..

had this smoked blue the other day, it was great

What's the puttplug for?

you're mom's feet

>eating rotten stuff

Lol........

t. lactose intolerant chink/nog

>entry level
>blue cheese
Go bake some baguettes

>mmm
>creamy

its not rotten you mental invalid. fermented foods were one of the first ways humans figured out how to preserve anything and have been a staple in almost all races diets for a long ass time. just because youre some cuck with shit for taste buds that only orders chicken strips at restaurants doesnt mean everyone else is. fucking child

Just like the vaccination that gave you autism

/b/ spoiled my mind

goes well with roast beef flaps

I hate when they wrap a wheel of blue cheese in that super thin foil. I have to crumble that shit a few times a week at work and that foil just falls apart and sticks to the fucking cheese.

Just to throw an interesting fact out there: Penicillium roqueforti, used in the production of blue cheese, produces some quite toxic mycotoxins such as PR toxin. It doesn't produce them when grown in salty, acidic, dairy substrates (ie cheese), but does so when it grows on things such as hay. There are many cases of livestock deaths due to consumption of Penicillium roqueforti-contaminated hay or fodder.

right? blue cheese and hair, now thats gag worthy

whats the best store bought blue cheese dressing? ive been using this for a few years and cant find one that tops it.

How does mould grow inside a cheese? Doesn't it need any oxygen or light to grow?

fungi only needs food and moisture.

Why do I have such shit taste? I can't stand blue cheese.

I, too, enjoy the taste of hot trash

It is really good user, if you can find some get it, it’s one of my new favorites

Most fungi are aerobic but there is enough oxygen in cheese for them to grow. They do not need light although sporulation is often enhanced by certain light wavelengths or conditions.

The veins in blue cheese are the result of inoculation. Imagine sticking a needle coated in spores in a hunk of cheese.

Fromage means cheese in french

bump for mad curds

Ahh right, that makes sense.
I looked into a microscope slide that I sampled some mould from a brie not long ago, and there was hyphae but no spores or conidial heads for them to grow from.

I've been wondering since then how the cheese manufacturer made it so they didn't sporulate. Do you know? It wasn't easy for me to google the answer.

>being a slave to arbitrary standards
Lol

To put in your ass, retard.

any pics of blue cheese mold under a magnifier?

This, Saint Agur and Stilton are my go-to blue cheeses. Great stuff.

If you don't you're a certified faggot

>cheese filled with mold
>americans still eat it

seriously what the fuck is wrong with americans

honestly the dumbest post i have seen all day.
do you realise that most blue cheese originates from europe?
particularly france, italy and england

bait American cheese is 100% not milk, nothing can grow on it

>autism: the post

Did you make a slide of the rind? A lot of brie is made with Geotrichum candidum, which produces arthrospores (the hypha become regularly septate and disarticulate into rectangular conidia, see image). I was surprised when I made a slide of Camembert and saw Geotrichum the first time, I didn't know its use in cheese production.

Alternatively, the Penicillium camemberti just might have been not sporulating, although I have a feeling you were probably looking at Geotrichum.

how do science fields in the USA do their measurements. Do they switch to micrometer , nanometeres etc... or use microinches/microefeet?

Anything that matters uses metric, only consumer tools, consumer materials and transportation come in imperial

Proper cheese! Eat it you fuckers!

>plate of tendies smothered with hot sauce
>what can i eat next, to cool my mouth?
>open fridge
>find pic related
>commence creamy mouthfeel
>soothing
there's your answer

UMMMMMM?????

my fucking dude, blacksticks blue is the shit.
also anyone in northwest england who can get pic related shit i would highly recommend.

blacksticks is proper bangin lad

user, this is a CHRISTIAN imageboard.

spot on

Please describe in detail the taste and why you like it. Try and get detailed so that new people will attempt to eat it.

that has to be cut

it tastes like creamy musky, dusty, rusty deliciousness
imagine eating a soft creamy cheese with a strong added flavour of pure human achievement

How tangy is it?
How sour is it?
How sharp is it?
How savory?
Musty sounds unironically good.

it's all of those things, cranked right up to 11
get some in your mouth right now, user!

you got convinced. between you and the sardine guy I've got two new shopping list items. Thanks man

This guy is right: .

>not having pubes in your smegma

Only things that want to appeal to the most powerful leader of the world come in imperial.

Any other blues like this?

how to eat cheese? with bread or cracker or hwat

I prefer a knife and fork.

I seriously hope you don't drink alcohol...

Anything that's full of salt, fat and glutamates tastes delicious no matter what it's made of, even if it's basically just dried out coagulated milk. It could be made of fermented pig's anus and it would still be pretty good as long if it ticks those boxes.

lol

hello blue cheese thread, I need help picking a nice runny blue with medium sharpness.

Casomorphins in the cheese act as mu-opioid receptor agonists, producing euphoria via dopamine release as well as addiction mediated by simple pavlovian conditioning, combined with the presence of salt, fat, and glutamic acid which combine to overload the senses we evolved for calorically dense food (which it is), and this is bolstered by the funk of the mold which makes it more novel and therefor attractive.

hi user, thanks for joining us
bleu d'auvergne is pretty creamy, not sure about runny though.
cambozola is a hybrid of brie and gorgonzola, so presumably it goes runny at room temperature like a normal brie

What's the strongest, most pungent, blue cheese? Is it Roquefort? I'm going to the market soon so I might pick some up.

wow, great post, user
what are you qualifications?

personally, i don't think roquefort is very strong.
in my opinion, the strongest common blue cheese is english Stilton.
I don't mean the strength of mold flavour, but simply the strength of the cheese. it really is something. like a vintage cheddar, but sharper
Another, which I've not had but is often said to be the strongest blue cheese is the spanish Cabrales
it really is quite something.

I'm autistic

aren't we all?

And bleu means blue in english. Pick a fucking language and stick with it.

queso bleu

guys, its queso azul

azul fromage

Didn't take any - will post a photo if this thread is still alive after the 2nd coz the lab is closed til then. It was pretty boring though, it looked a lot like pic related. Boring, because I was expecting to see some sweet conidia

Not exactly a slide - At my work we take a piece of sticky tape when we sample a potential mould growth and stick it onto a slide or piece of transparency film. Is that how you would do it? Btw, if it isn't obvious I know almost nothing about fungi, even after being in this job 6 months.

I'll take a photo for you if this thread doesn't cark it, but as mentioned before all I saw were just the fuzz, no spores, not even any septates on the hyphae to make me think it was like your pic related or Geotrichum.

cave aged gruyere or bust pals

>mentioning a non blue cheese
get out

delicious!

st agur is pretty commercial conveyor belt stuff dude, plenty of decent stuff to be found if you look or are lucky enough to have a deli/cheese shop

had some of this from tesco deli
bavaria blue.....really great soft blue

>has a pube stuck to it

looks good