I'm a recovering alcoholic but I don't want to be one of those fucking assholes that's too scared to touch it for the...

I'm a recovering alcoholic but I don't want to be one of those fucking assholes that's too scared to touch it for the rest of his life. I want to learn to appreciate it as a product and not just a means to an end, if that makes sense. I have always thought of it as just something to get me drunk and I guess that's how issues with it started. The issue I have is, all alcohol tastes like rubbing alcohol to me, even stuff like wine. How can/should I start tasting alcohol senpaitachi? How can I start to actually be more cultured on this shit?

think of it as your kindergarden principals penis

You're an idiot if you want alcohol in the house, or you fully expect to fall off the wagon.

Unironically drink moar.
If you have a predisposed issue with alcohol, you won't be able to learn to appreciate it.
The people who come back like you're speaking of are people that enjoyed alcohol before they got addicted.

You know if you start with craft beer or wine you'll eventually get drunk enough to buy a bottle of vodka and start a week long binder. Recovering alcoholics are always fucking assholes. Doesn't matter if you want to be "cultured" about it.

there is an AA alternative program called the SMART system... it has horrible failure rates, and is what you are looking for.

Don't get shit faced, but allways drinking 1/2gl-2L / 1gl - 4L on weekends 5.5%.
Things feel boring without a beer in my hand?

AA has horrible failure rates. About the same as cold turkey.

very true, but SMART is worse, and the culture is horrible. Both are overflowing with damaged, easy pussy

>The issue I have is, all alcohol tastes like rubbing alcohol to me, even stuff like wine.
Mate, you obviously don't like it, so why do you want to act like you do? Why force yourself to "acquire" a taste for something demonstrably dangerous to you personally?

Yeah, but that's almost no fair. Its like going hunting at one of the resorts where they bait the deer and half-train them to walk over to the deer blind. The meat tastes the same when you eat it, but you have a hollow feeling of non-accomplishment after.

>literal unfixable genetic trait that makes you alcoholic
if you're not responsible enough to just say "oh i shouldn't have that then", like literally every other person has to do with everything, i hope you drink yourself to death very soon

LOL

yeah, but... yeah it's fucked up. I still do it though.

Really? I hope they get better, and I hope you win the lottery you fucking cocksucker.

I think that there's a point of no return where you've become such an alcoholic that you can't ever drink in moderation

Otherwise if you're not at that stage you can probably get away with a couple. You need somethin to stop yourself from drinking excessively though - whether that's money or weight gain or both. If you have no reason to not get drunk and you're predisposed to getting shitfaced when you drink you probably shouldn't drink at all.

just smoke weed instead

kratom has helped me cut down on my drinking. When I get home from work and I really want a drink I just drink some kratom instead and it takes the edge off without taking me out of it like alcohol does

if you are an alcoholic, there is a great likelihood that even casual drinking will lead you back to drinking alcoholically, either sooner or later,

Ditch the booze if you know you make piece of shit decisions when loaded. Switch to marijuana edibles and dr pepper.

Sounds like you're just not ready to quit yet. See you in al/ck/ when your life is in shambles again.

Well, I'd stop thinking of myself as a recovering alcoholic for starters.