/BEER GENERAL/

Whacha drinking? What's in your fridge?

What's your favorite local brewery?

What are your favorite styles? What beer styles did you used to dislike but have grown on you? What styles do you still dislike?

Prev thread: Discord: discord.gg/rqsxQdW

Why is heineken so meh?

It's a middle tier beer marketed as high tier

>What's your favorite local brewery?
Duham!

ITT.

drinking Newcastle Brown atm

>Whacha drinking? This one.
God damn it - it's nice. It's amazing how one simple German pilsner can be so tasty.

>Drinking/Fridge
I have a half case of Blue Moon I got for Christmas and a couple of cans of Nordeast that I have left. Probably gonna polish the Nordeast off today, since I have the day off.

Actually got a homebrewing kit for Christmas, so I'm doing my first brew right now. Already have a wheat beer in its jug to ferment. Probably not gonna bother bottling since it only made a gallon and between me and a couple friends we could polish it off in a day.

WarStarter ...... At least pick a good one!

The first sip was amazing but it seems to be one of those beers that gets significantly worse after a few sips which is a shame.
I've had it before, but not since 2013 so I didn't remember it in too much detail.

A well groomed and well dressed man?

Wine>>>>piss>beer

Jai Alai is the best IPA I've ever had. Florida Cracker is good too. Cigar city makes good beers

I got that brands "Lagunitas Sucks" for Christmas and got the flu at midnight while I was drinking it and puked everywhere for the next two days.

Unfortunate that I still have so much left and all I can think about when smelling it is vomiting.

Going to Brussels in early February... any recommendations for spots to drink lambic beyond the obvious ones?

/Thread

Some bars with a great lambic selection are Moeder Lambic Fontainas, In de Verzekering Tegen de Grote Dorst and de Heeren van Liedekercke.
You can also pay a visit to most lambic breweries including Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, de Cam and Oud Beersel.

If something is marketed as a "black witbier" is it pretty safe to assume that it's a dunkelweizen? I'm not very familiar with the style but I'll be trying one later tonight

D I L L Y
I
L
L
Y

It's safe to assume that any brewery that would describe a beer as a "black witbier" is fucking retarded. Witbier means white beer, not wheat beer. It's a specific style of wheat beer. If it's dark in color than it cannot be a witbier by definition.

Witbier means wheat beer

LOL NEVERMIND FRIEND CANCELED ON ME GUESS I'LL NEVER KNOW

Nevermind. I thought it was just the Belgian version of wheat beer.

I'm about to go grab some 90 Shilling Ale by Odell. A lot of good breweries in fort Collins.

Cracking open a few of these tonight, I love this shit. Made plans to go to a brewery with a friend but they fell through. Also tried Indeed's Peach Bum IPA today, it was good but nothing special and really not particularly peachy

I've had a couple of Odell's beers (Myrcenary, Drumroll, and Isolation, I think?) and wasn't super impressed. Would you recommend 90 Shilling? I haven't had much for Scottish ales

I mean, the name doesn't lie to you

I'd love to see a wine general desu. I know very little about it but the few times I've had "good" wine I appreciated it immensely. My palate carries over a little bit, especially with the smells.

Give me a couple of those 550ml bottles at a concert and I'm having a great time

>favorite styles
Brown ale, rye beer, no-frills stouts, fruity saisons, American pale ales
>used to dislike
IPA, saisons, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-imperial-stouts
>still dislike
I really can't make myself like witbiers, but I can stand hefeweizens for some reason. I'm also not a fan of saisons and sours if they aren't fruity (which makes me sad, because I love how they smell)

stout man here

over the last year or two my love of beer has really blossomed. old rasputin used to be the only beer I would drink (and is still probably my favorite) but I'm now a fan of a lot of darker beers, particularly stouts and porters.

Only beers I really hate are sour beers. They straight up taste like vomit to me

oh forgot favorite breweries. for me it's bells and jackie O's probably

Hey I was just drinking their lonely blonde. It's pretty simple but I dig it.

oh, favorite breweries!
>Castle Danger
literally every beer they have is at least an 8/10
>Summit
Boring year-rounds, but their seasonals knock it out of the park, plus Keller Pils is becoming a year-round next month
>Bent Paddle
Great flagships save for their pilsner, and their rye IPA is arguably my single favorite beer. Cool infusions in their taproom when I'm able to go, too. I have a Double Shot Double Black waiting for me when I get back to school next week, can't wait for that

Lonely Blonde is one of my go-to summer beers. Super easy drinking

I dislike all three of those to be quite honest. I strongly recommend the 90 Shilling Ale. I drink it just about every other day. It's not for everyone but I also recommend their Cutthroat porter.

was that directed at assuming so, I'll give it a shot! Good to know I've just tried their shittier stuff

Castle danger rules. Their summer crush is easily my favorite mn summer beer. Schells hefe is a close second.

I typically go for Lake Superior Kayak Kolsch in the summer but summer crush is also damn good

My favorite local brewery is the Bronx Brewery

Bud Light is the best beer, me and my alt-right friends drink it while we make fun of the soyboy hipster libcucks who order craft beer garbage like pale ales and IPAs.

ebin

Felt cheap tonight so I just grabbed a six pack of this. It's not the best but it's easy better than I would have expected a porter from a big brand to be.

Drinking light beer seems way more soyboy than pretty much any other kind of beer. Except Heineken I guess. Though I agree pale ales are fucking trash.

Yuengling has a porter? Huh. Gotta keep an eye out

They have two. The other is black and tan. But it's not as good. Definitely grab the regular porter if you see it though.

If you end up liking it give this a try. It's my favorite.

Bought a six of these yesterday. Strong rye flavor, inoffensive.

This one has recently become my favorite. Its expensive though, $16 for a 4 pack.

>Whacha drinking?
mediocre supermarket faux-craft beer that i got for xmas
>What's in your fridge?
feral sly fox
>What's your favorite local brewery?
feral
>What are your favorite styles?
stouts, trappist shit, saisons, porters, neipa, sours
>What beer styles did you used to dislike but have grown on you?
strong belgians, wheat beers
>What styles do you still dislike?
there aren't any styles that i completely dislike
least fav probably black ipa

>faux craft beer
like what?

this stuff
here (australia) supermarkets over the last few years have decided to cash in on the craft beer boom by making beers that look like and market themselves as craft beers, but really aren't
it's not terrible or anything but it's kinda unethical really

Where I live, we have no good local Brewries. Big Muddy is alright. Dry Ground is good but fails it's ambition. Beerwerks is too insignificant for mention.

t. S. Illinois/W. Kentucky

Top favorites:

Stouts:
Old Rasputin
Great Lakes Blackout
Samuel Smith Oatmeal
Belle's Kalamazoo

Porters:
Founder's
Belle's

IPAs:
Elysian Space Dust
Deshutes Inversion

Pale Ales:
Deshutes Mirror Pond

Lager:
Shiner Black
New Belgium 1554

Those are all fairly widely distributed, is there anything more local that you really like? I mostly ask because Mirror Pond is a pretty subpar pale ale

>t. S. Illinois
Do you get any of the good Chicago/Wisconsin breweries down there?

>Dragon's milk
*cringe*

I don't get it

Buddy gave me 5 of these since he didnt like it. Its like a strawberry soda.

How far is Ava, IL from you? Scratch Brewing is incredible. You also might get some sweet STL beers like Schlafly, 4 Hands, and Perennial. You're also close to Nashville so look out for Bearded Iris and Yazoo.

Sound like a gay fury dream desu

Belgian-inspired dunkel wheat? (Inb4 no such thing reeeeeeeeeeeeee)

That's kind of what I was guessing. The vast majority of that brewery's beer is Belgian-inspired. Untappd has it as a witbier and beeradvocate has it as a Belgian strong dark ale. Didn't wind up going, unfortunately.

Not really to anyone normal. Get a life outside of Veeky Forums

>beer is named a male animal and milk
Faggot milk, a beer for (you).

um, pretty sure dragons aren't necessarily male

What is the cheapest hoppy beer? Is there a light option, or are all light beers lagers by necessity?

Session IPAs are pretty cheap and hippy by nature obviously.

Dragons aren't real or inherently male. Once again, get off Veeky Forums for a bit

Founder's All Day is a lower ABV hoppy beer. There are gonna be other sub-5% hoppy beers depending on your location too

>get off Veeky Forums
>reply on Veeky Forums
kys soyboi.

got this yesterday. Can't wait till try this tomorrow.

[spoiler]It's also my first Unibroue purchase. might as well go out on a cool special release[/spoiler]

Unibroque never disappoints. Be sure to try La Fin Du Mond and Trois Pistoles and Maudite and Don De Dieu Too.
Drinking Yuengling Black and Tan pints because they are good and cheap. Got a Mr. Beer Brown Ale simmering in the ferment bucket currenly.

750ml should get you nice and gooned

last due to a sinus infection I had an african grand cru mead it was medicinal... it was nice.. tonight not sure yet still not back for beer mood might repeat with another mead or red wine.. love beer yet not when I can't really taste or enjoy it.. green chili burrito also help will have some pasta for the stream tonight...

picked up a #PinotNoir from chili Root:1 original ungrafted 2015 #Casablanca valley with a rotini, hot sauce and a few cut up tomatoes with a few banana peppers wish there had been more left in the jar..

nigger what

i see everyone buying this in FL. is it really that good?

It's really good.

ill pick some up next time i go to publix

holy shit guys, a couple weeks late to the game but this is delicious

This was pretty fantastic. Dogfish seems to do pretty consistent unique shit.

Was that bottle like $25 where you are?

yep

yes Jai Alai is great, I always try to buy when its on sale

Lost Coast Alleycat amber ale. Pretty tasty; goes down fast and smooth

ballast point mango even keel is alright and it's like 8 bucks for a 6 pack

Tried this tonight. It's okay. I think the 6-pack I got might have been old. Won't buy it again and I don't think I really like goses.

Now i know if you get a bottle at an establishment it's only legal if the server opens it, does it work the same way with cans of beer?

Yeah, gose is a real acquired taste for some. Try dripping a slice of blood orange into it.

That stuff is probably governed by local law, but don't see why one would be treated differently

the only citrus-juice-like things i have at home are lime juice and rose's sweetened lime juice

Bought a Shiner Family Reunion and Ruby Redbird was the only thing that I actively enjoyed.
Sure bock was p nice and the other stuff was unoffensive to bad (their IPA sucked), but damn this was nice. Anyone here had it and have any opinions on it, and if I like this is there more stuff that's similar that I should try?

I really dont like shiner beer.

For me, it is Potosi

I don't drink beer because I don't like to drink a beverage that tastes awful (no matter what form it is) and is high in calories containing no nutrition while in fact being directly carcinogenic

I regret that I am missing out on this great culture of playing adult pretend with each other so we can all take pictures of the bottle of drink we drank and send it to each other. Boy, camaraderie.

what a faggot

>high in calories
>containing no nutrition
pick 1

but beer tastes great, has moderate calories, and has plenty of nutrition

Now if you are talking lighter macro beer the nutrition is pretty low has it is heavily filtered, and engineered to have very little substance to cut the calories and cost, but good beer is typically rather nutritious

>of playing adult pretend with each other
um, what is being pretended in this bit? How does this statement apply to anything? We are literally drinking beer, no pretending required

how long do you guys think beer stays good in the fridge? I'm about to drink a pislner thats been in the fridge for approx 6-7months (I don't think thats too bad) but what is the limit and what are some old beers you drank?

Should be fine. Hoppy beers should be consumed as fresh as possible, the less hoppy the beer the less it matters, and many darker, stronger beers get better with age.

There isn't a specific time in which hoppy beers become "bad" they just constantly, slowly get worse after they are made

Finishing my pack of 300's tonight, god damn I love this beer

300 is a perfect example of why Midwest IPA is best IPA