How would Veeky Forums do ahi tuna?

How would Veeky Forums do ahi tuna?
Here's what i'm thinking:
>sear both sides in high heat, sesame oil 20-30 sec
>immediately ice bath to stop cooking
>coat seared side with sesame seed, garnish plate with lemon slice, some shaved ginger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTFVc4bESLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Boil it and then drain
Mix with mayonnaise and put it in a sandwich

i have hoagie rolls and wonder bread which one should i use

Rub poo on it

Eat it raw. Add ponzu sauce and a little wasabi for maximum taste.
You can also accompany it with a side of white rice with furikake on it.

You don't want to use sesame oil for any sort of searing imo. I'd get something that will get hotter without burning. Sesame oil is super overpowering and has to be used carefully.

I think searing is a good way to go so long as you don't overcook it. I think if you seared it and then immediately rolled it in a combination of wasabi, sesame seeds, ponzu, mirin and a touch of brown sugar I think it would be awesome.

Or inversely maybe roll it and then sear?

Pan, in
Nice sear

I'd probably do it in the blow hole just to say I did.

Smear it between ur mum's cheeks

Searing it with sugar is asking for trouble. It will stick like a motherfucker, unless it's on a grate grill.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTFVc4bESLY

try this

fish don't have blow holes

Yea good point. I think a crust would be good though. Maybe some blackened seasoning.

Sounds about right, or maybe slice up raw and serve as hors d'oeuvres.

tear into it raw, like a shark.

Different kinds of sesame oils have different smoke points. Refined sesame oil doesn't have as much flavor as toasted sesame oil and can handle much higher heats.

What about a dolphin?

Dolphins are mammals, not fish. This is the correct answer.

Im gonna try tuna tataki tonight. Basically its a sauce with soy, oyster, ginger and fish. Marinade in the sauce and then sear the fish.

Turned out pretty fcking good!

Seared sesame crusted ahi actually sounds pretty good with wonderbread and some kind of soy-ginger mayo.

color along the outside is a little unappetizing, how high was your heat?

Used a medium pit on medium high. The colour is mainly because it's poached in tataki.

lmao

Icebath and sesameoil are straight up retard-level. Sear in canola until its seared how you like it and eat/do whatever you like with it. Probably the easiest thing to pansear ever

Loin - Cubed raw, cucumber, spring onion, chives, avocado, and a sesame/buckwheat crisp
Belly - Cured for 12h in a little sherry vinegar, brandy, and served with eggplant paste and tomato concasse
two suggestions
also don't put it in an ice bath as it will fuck the texture - this is a method far better suited for veggies

The looks nice. Gj user

I can't say it looks seared, but I'd eat it because of the tuna