Literally used it once then chucked it in the trash

Literally used it once then chucked it in the trash

yuck.

It's overrated as fuck

It's loads better than Tapatio.

That's not really saying much, but there you go.

Try the garlic one, it's tasty.

Is it supposed to taste like dirt or did i get a bad bottle?

Cholula is Breddy good. What type of hot sauce do you like? You should try pic related.

Great pic

its good on eggs and burritos but it's not really _hot sauce_, more like peppers and vinegar

>not valentina extra picante

come on, dude.

How was IHOP on Xmas?

chololua is my second bottle after this GOD sauce in pic related.
it's not even spicy and the flavour isn't good enough to bring it back.
I used HALF A BOTTLE in three days FUCK chilolua

I taste this now too but I never did before, I feel like it changed

this is where its at

Cholula > Just putting ground cayenne on it > Tapatio > Tabasco

Try Valentina

I know a lot of people who say hot sauces suck because it's all heat and no flavor
Valentina is the one they're looking for

I bought it and it was ok but pretty bland, I used it to marinade some chicken wings.

YES how is the offbrand Tabasco actually superior in taste and quality?!?! Doesn’t have that overwhelming shitty vinegar taste that Tabasco is notorious for

Wrong, tapatio is way better than chupalulus. You just like the wood cap because you're a child like that and base your opinions off of stupid shit.

Cholula's chipotle sauce and green sauce are amazing. The regular sauce is pretty good too, but for a general hot sauce I use a brand that's made locally.

For me? Store bought it's Frank's red hot. Or i just mix up a quick bowl of cayenne, chili powder and vinegar

what am I supposed to use hot sauce on?

the chipotle one is fucking garbage

Mostly anything that's not a dessert

I'm going to try this next, i've been trying to find my go to hot sauce. What i've tried so far and my rankings

1. El Yucateco
2. Franks
3. Melinda's
4. Sriracha
5. Crystal
6. Cholula

keep in mind there's two kinds of valentina

personally I prefer the original, but if you're looking for extra heat, go for the black label

So, so close. Not my only hot sauce, but when I want nothing but vinegar and spice it's the best.

bretty good

No it's pretty good

step aside plebs

again let me post the GOAT since you people value heat more than taste.

Tapatio and Valentina’s are both dirt cheap and great tasting. Everyone will have a different opinion on flavor but when you’re paying $2 for a large bottle of Valentina’s or $5 for a SMALL bottle of Tabasco or some other mainstream hot sauce it’s hard to argue which you should be trying out.

its the best flavor without getting too hot for normies. i run through a big bottle every 3-4 months. that being said i have this trinidad garlic sauce that has been my go to for the real hot stuff

crystal is just so simple and amazing
satisfies both the heat and vinegar cravings

/thread

tabasco > cholula > tapatio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> siracha

El Yucateco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other entry level supermarket hot sauce

So much shit taste in this thread.

That shit tastes like pure trash.

Disagree with these kinds of rankings only because hot sauces shouldn't be judged on a universal scale. Comparing something like Frank's to Cholula to Sriracha to Pico Pica never makes a lot of sense to me. There may be some overlap in their applications, but it's all about pairing the sauce with the food.

Cholula goes great on eggs and hashbrowns, but I wouldn't put that shit on a taco. Sriracha also goes well eggs and can be tasty in some asian dishes, but I wouldn't add it for extra heat to chili or stews. Pico Pica goes really well on Americanized tacos (think seasoned ground beef, onion, lettuce, tomato, olives, shredded cheese) but I wouldn't add it to authentic tacos.

Next time don't give up so easily. Try it on a few different things. Sure, maybe Cholula was never going to click for you, but play around and you might be surprised. I have half a dozen bottles of various sauces in my fridge and they all usually last a long time because I use them selectively.

Trappey's is best cheap hot sauce. It will make you blow a load the first time you try it.

YES

what is a good entry-level hot sauce you can buy in most supermarkets?

>2018
>not enjoying superior hot sauces

I really, really like original Cholula and the chipotle one and in general prefer hot sauces with a distinct flavor to heat. Which of the hot sauces mentioned ITT should I try next? Not a big fan of Tabasco and I don't like Sriracha, but other than that I'm open to anything.

>shit taste
>posts extract garbage

No kick to it at all, basically Mexican ketchup

the best

I use that brands chipotle peppers diced in adobo for everything over hotsauce now, god damn its tasty with a nice burn.

I find most hot sauces too heavy on the vinegar these days

It's good for adding flavor but it adds nothing flavor wise. It's basically cayenne pepper sauce.

*Adds nothing heat wise

anyone tried this before?

would you pay 10 - 15 aus dollars for it or is it not worth the hassle

Louisiana is my favorite by a mile.

Best friend unironically likes Red Hot the best.

I just ordered some through amazon, if this thread doesn't die by the time I try it, i'll post a review

Fag

>Buying hot sauce
>Not growing the peppers and fermenting the sauce yourself

Looks like I took a wrong turn and ended up in fagville.

wow. no taste. behold fuckers. the one and only.

>Habaneros ~ Extra Mom
>pic is a woman doing slave labor
What did they mean by this?

I buy Tapatio and Valentina for this reason, they're both super cheap and the taste difference between those and more expensive brands is negligible

Nigga you typed so much shit and nobody even read the motherfucker

truly the best widely-available sauce

die please tastelet

valentina

dirt cheap with good flavor, but it might not be enough heat for you
if that's the case, get the extra hot

>hur dur make it yourself
you fags are the worst

Oh well. :(

It’s not bad but has a very strong tomato taste. Almost like spicy ketchup. Not bad, just not what I expected. Pic related was an unknown that came bundled with the aardvark and Yellow Bird habanero is now my go to at all times.

Cholula is flavor sauce. Not hot sauce

I read and appreciate what you had to say user uwu

Yeah, has a texmex flavor to it, like chili powder and cumin. Good on eggs or tacos.

>DIY for shit you can buy for meager amount of cash at a supermarket
you're the only one in fagville here

Wrong. Tapatio has way more flavor.

You'd never touch that shit again if you'd been here years ago when the crystal plant worker was here telling stories about what happens in that place. I'll never use that shit again in my life.

>Looks like I took a wrong turn and ended up in fagville.
You should run for Mayor.

I order these from their site

Get good, faggots.

thanks , I'll get both why not

>better than Tapatio
Absolutely not
>goes on to recommend the garlic one
Fuckin hell you plebe.

I did the same thing with sriracha

w-what happened

I've found it goes pretty well with pork or just any slow cooked meat.

Tapatio>Cholula

>tryhard sauce

im sorry you were born without taste, user

>be a coo/ck/ing board
>fags don't make their own
>one Mexican style, one Louisiana style
disappointment

The green one is like salt and vinegar.