Why so many people dislike anchovies on the pizza?

why so many people dislike anchovies on the pizza?

I'd love to try it. I'm thinking I should make my own because I doubt there's a decent place to get one around here

They're fucking disgusting.. that's why.

I've never worked at a place with food, or McDonalds

I add mushrooms to my anchovy pizza. Pretty good, imo

They’re not bad it’s just that the taste can easily overpower everything else.

my man

I feel like that really only ever happens when you put them on before putting the pizza in the oven. The oils cook right into the pizza and it takes the whole thing over. Put anchovies on after the pizza is cooked and the flavor is far more localized and not nearly as overpowering.

pizza wageslaves dislike it the most due to having to touch the canned fish

it actually tastes pretty good on pizza after the bake though

t. pizza wageslave

send me some money so i can buy one

You know i might give that a go, is there anything else I should do with it?

For me is a question of proportion. I grew up with anchovies on the homemade pizzas my grandpa made and I love them. But when I get them from your average pizza parlor, they put anchovies all over the fucking pizza like they think its cheese or something else that needs to cover every inch of the pizza. That sucks and it's salty af mang

based

jalapeno and pepperoni go well with it too

It's been a TV punchline for like 40 years now

Because of the way you dispose them, cut each one in like 8 to 12 parts and dispose them in a pleasing way on your pizza. having a bunch of whole fishs make them look like slugs.

Because it tastes like a heavy dose of salt. I don't mind it but it's objectively not great.

This. People were memed into hating them without even trying them.

>anchovies
>onions, slightly sweet
>jalapeños for spice
>mushrooms for the savory flavor

Congratulations, you just ordered a god tier pizza.

I'm not related to your discussion, but what I do is I take a bite of pizza and then a bite of anchovie...it just werks...
Thing I love most though is I toast up some Montreal Style rye bread, and grab a cold can of anchovies...and I have a kinda of anchovie on toast, although I don't ever let the fish touch shit fuck all...if that makes any sense...

anchovies and garlic are one of my go tos.

Anchovy-mushroom is the best.
Also this. Too much and you've got a salt pizza.

until very recently I actually thought anchovies is some sort of vegetable. Probably because I never saw one, because nobody puts that crap on their pizza.

>Anchovies
>Black Olives
>Capers
GOAT pizza

Substitute green olives and we're 100% in agreement.

Because of the cheese.
The sour, sulfury taste of baked mozzarella and salty anchovies is a fucking horrible combination. They overwhelm each other. The only reason pizzerias are still putting anchovies on cheese pizzas is because the dago waps in new york werent listening to their grandmamas as they explained their famous pizza ricettas.

The original pizza with anchovies - pizza marinara was crushed tomatoes, oregano, olives, capers and anchovies. Pretty mich anywhere in italy you can get it this way.

Because they are unrepentant children

>anchovies on toast
>don't let the fish touch shit
Do they hover over the bread?

because only good anchovies are going to taste good on a pizza and most pizza places aren't using good anchovies. it tastes like the pizza washed up on the beach