Keto Shopping List

I cook strictly from home, almost never eat out except on people's birthdays.

I want to go keto but I cook a shit ton of potatoes and rice, a lot of filler carb ingredients to pad out my MASSIVE appetite. I'm skinny as fuck but I eat like a behemoth. What are some good shopping choices I can literally slam into my mouth all day and still aim towards keto?

>keto

Bacon and eggs

>keto
>skinny af

pick one

Why would you jump on a keto diet of you are skinny as fuck?

ketosis is very hard to achieve, and very easy to fall out of. You are making your body use fat and protein as fuel instead of carbs. If you introduce pretty much any carbs, your body will favor the easier energy source.

you should probably be buying the fattiest meats possible in addition to eating rice and potatoes. If youre rails thin, you dont wanna do keto.

I'm not keto in the traditional sense, but I'm on my feet all day and need the extra carbs sometimes.

An easy way to round out a meal or satisfy that hunger is to include a whole avocado. Yes, the meme fruit. Buy the bags of them from Costco, sort them by ripeness. If you get too many going ripe at once either slam them down like a champ at every meal or mash some guac. Eat with chips or carrots if you really want to try hard.

I used to do meal prep, and I still do I guess but it's mainly portioning out a Costco rotisserie chicken for 4 dinners. All protien and fat. Bonus points if you make a good sauce. Lately I been about Diane sauce. Google it friendo.

tuna salad
chicken salad
sardine salad
croutons

I'm not this retard, but I am interested in a list too. Morbidly obese landwhale who is medically required to drop 100lbs in a year.

Who is this guy and why do I keep seeing him everywhere?

Slobodan Praljak. He was a Croatian general found guilty for war crimes during the Croat–Bosniak War. He drank poison during his sentencing this year and died.

Fuckin hell how did I miss that

Just anything that aren’t carbs it’s not rocket science

Wrong 50g or less a day will induce ketosis

you are wrong. if you intake carbs, your body prefers them to fat and stops breaking fat down for fuel right away.

Okay but 50g or less of carbs a day isn't shit for energy. Your body will resort to fats a well.

again, not really true. you are sorta tricking your body into running on fat by starving it of carbs. you can have a little here and there, but if you want to be a fucking fat burning machine, you just avoid them always. Shit works.

Get friendly with pork rinds. One downside of keto is that can be a bit expensive and a bit labor intensive. Sometimes you're really hungry for a snack and most things that are keto require some work to make. I did feel pretty great when I was eating strict keto though.

One tip that helped me. Go to a Costco or some type of volume discount store. Buy a box of high percentage fat frozen hamburger patties and some sliced cheddar. If you're hungry and want something quick throw a frozen patty into a pan, cook it, season it, top it with cheese, whatever topping you like that are keto and some mayo(I fucking hate mayo but the fat is important) and wrap it in lettuce. I lost 35 lbs eating a ton of cheeseburgers and people I knew who ate Kashi go lean crunch for breakfast and sugary yogurt for snacks were jelly of my burgerfit losses.

Wow gee thanks mister I had no clue. Try working a full time job and not having a microwave near you when you're on in the field and need to eat lunch. Nearly impossible to eat with out having lunch meat sammys. I'll eat a sandwich with whole wheat with the oats in the bread. 12g a slice. That's my only carb. I'm still dropping weight like crazy

you don't know what you're talking about. at all. under 50g of carbs and your body will enter ketosis. You should try and have at least a few grams of carbs a day because your brain does need some - it can't work off of fats.

not my fault you are lazy and can't wait to eat until you have time to not be lazy.

> resorting to personal attacks cause he got btfo about carb intake
Nice argument. Made no sense but okay. Enjoy being a fucking retarded cunt. Sure you're a blast at parties

what you call a party Bryan Singer calls a party, and I don't swing that way.

I've been doing keto for years (I'm very trim now, btw), and I replaced commercial mayo with full fat sour cream. I'm usually too fucking lazy to make real mayonnaise, and I just didn't like the look of the ingredients in any of the jarred crap. They all have a small amount of sugar or shitty vegetable oils. Sour cream actually tastes better in and on everything to me. Another nice thing to do as a fat eater is to switch to a nicer cultured butter like kerrygold or something.

>I've been doing keto for years (I'm very trim now, btw), and I replaced commercial mayo with full fat sour cream. I'm usually too fucking lazy to make real mayonnaise, and I just didn't like the look of the ingredients in any of the jarred crap. They all have a small amount of sugar or shitty vegetable oils. Sour cream actually tastes better in and on everything to me. Another nice thing to do as a fat eater is to switch to a nicer cultured butter like kerrygold or something.
Damn how did I never think of this before? I love sour cream. Thanks for the tip. I actually usually buy Kerrygold too because for some reason it's always cheapest here.

Things on my typical shopping lists:
Avocados
Limes
Pumpkin seeds
Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, mushrooms
Chicken
Fish
Extra virgin olive oil
Dark chocolate
Sunflower seeds
Butter, cream, sour cream, cheese
Eggs
Bacon

Don't feel bad. It took me a couple of years to realize sour cream was awesome. Tuna salad, steak, hamburgers, lettuce wraps, etc. Sometimes I just eat a big spoonful of it and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

I'm gonna bump this and read it later. Hopefully there's a 'keto-for-beginners' guide somewhere in here. I use bicycle and need energy.

It happened in the Bowling Green Massacre timeline, not in our own world.

The people posting the meme video were brought to our world by Kek to rig the election in Trump's favor.

keto isn't for energy purposes, period. if you use a bicycle you will get more out of carbs, period.

keto is for weight loss

It is stupid to make black and white comments like this. Everybody is different depending on energy expenditure and genetics, it blows my mind you think a set gram amount applies to everyone.

There are stupid people everywhere, this is what internet message boards have taught me.
Your justification that you are in ketosis wihout any information as to total colaroic intake and expenditure is plain stupid as fuck. Try to actually understand what you are saying before saying it.

Understood. Thank you.

If you actually think that, you're not staying abreast of sports nutrition. Keto is excellent for endurance races. Carbs are better for shorter races.

Although this is true, an average person can find his carbohydrate threshold through a little trial and error with the urine test strips. They're imperfect, and lag half a day, but most peoiple fall somewhere between 20-50g. If you really have to know with greater accuracy (for athletic performance or therapy), you can use the expensive blood test monitors.

I'v been strict for about 18 months, and any straight carbs seems to throw me out. It then takes me days to get back into burning fat and I feel like shit.

My understanding of the urine test strips is that there are a number of caveats that make them not very useful. Since the test strips only measure excess ketones that are secreted into urine, they don't reliably tell you whether you're in ketosis at the time of testing. For example, you could have ketones in your blood, but only just enough to cover for your energy needs so that the number of excess ketones secreted into your urine is small enough to not register on the strip, giving you a false negative. Conversely, you could be in ketosis, then eat a bunch of carbs that kick you out of ketosis, causing your body to prefer the carbohydrates as fuel and dump all of those ketones into your urine, giving you a positive result despite you not being in ketosis.

From this, I think the only reliable information to be gained from Ketostix is that if you get a positive result, you can be certain that you were in ketosis some time in the recent past. You might not be at the moment of testing though. A negative result could mean anything.

I tried to experimentally find my carb limit with Ketostix by meticulously weighing out my food every day and calculating the carbs, trying to hit a specific number of carbs every day, starting at 20 grams per day. If I was under at the end of the day, I ate some chocolate to get me to hit the set amount exactly. I increased the amount of carbs eaten by 5 grams every two days. I found that even as I had increased my carbs to 80 grams per day, I was still getting a light pink test strip every morning, indicating that I had been in ketosis for at least some time in the recent past. I got a lot more tired and generally unwell once I went past 50 grams per day, however. I'm guessing that with that much carbs, I was popping in and out of ketosis constantly. I've since limited my carbs to 30-40 g per day which feels good.

In the end, I wasn't really able to get any useful information from Ketostix so I threw them out.

How long does the transition take?
Does it hurt?

Okay well I was speaking on behalf of most people who find 20-50g is doable and induces ketosis still. I have lost a decent amount of weight and I naturally sit around 15% bf. I'm already fairly lean, I have abs and lift alot.

3 weeks of fairly strict dieting. Just find a carb threshold a figure out what amount will cause you to lose weight. I didn't really alter my caloric intake all that much.

To enter ketosis? A couple of days, but you will feel like shit for a couple of weeks. I also got some horrible rash on my back doing it, which I just got again by fasting.

I've talked to several people who never had much of a system shock going into dietary ketosis after eating fairly low carb for a month or so prior (100ish g).