When did you take the /light beer/ pill?

When did you take the /light beer/ pill?

I was a lover of high percentage IPAs and stouts for years and all it did was make me feel bloated all the time and turn me into a soyboy from all the estrogen in hops. You also look like a douche to everyone. Once I dropped the facade and embraced my inner pleb, I started finding American light beers amazing. You can keep drinking them and never feel bloated. You don't look like a pretentious douche when you order one. I got Veeky Forums as fuck and don't feel guilty ordering a few of these.

Not to mention, they're also miles cheaper.

So why do you still choke down shitty soyboy IPAs to look cool?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10372741
youtu.be/UUunwFZFqZo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like a good beer. For me, it's the Bud Select 55.

Good choice. I'm a Miller guy myself. But I'll take a Bud if that's all they got

All alcohol is hell on my stomach. I stick to weed.

How light are we talking? Natty Light tier or Miller Lite tier?
>inb4 there's no difference
yes there is

Not that cheap. When I say light beer i mean the trifecta of

>Miller Light
>Bud Light
>Coors Light

If you like the taste of beer get whatever you like. If you want to get drunk get whatever has the best alchohol/price ratio

Like this year

It's more satisfying to save money to buy expensive whiskey instead

>When did you take the /light beer/ pill
Most people take it at about 15, and leave it entirely behind after college

Lel keep paying $15 for a 4 pack of 500calorie soybeers fatty

>You also look like a douche to everyone
I'd rather look like a douche than look like a redneck or a mom by drinking "light" beer. No man beyond the age of 21 should ever buy "light" beer

Then Miller Lite all day, throw the other two in the trash.

no man should be drinking sweetened beer like a fruitcake either.

>You can keep drinking them and never feel bloated
WTF is this? You have to drink twice as much to get drunk, it makes you much more bloated than good beer

>$15 for a 4 pack
jesus christ man, where do you shop? The majority of craft beer is sold in $8-10 6 packs

If you wanna get drunk on beers, steel reserve should be your drink of choice

Yeah! Fuck these rednecks and their light beers!

You, to bartender: Excuse me sir do you have any locally brewed micro peanutbutter stouts? No? What about triple cranberry ipas?

>sweetened beer like a fruitcake either.
you mean like milk stouts? Nothing wrong with adding a little unfermentable lactose to a beer. Stop consuming yourself with calorie counts like a middle aged women, just exercise a fucking little bit and it will be fine

XX is my favorite and probably always will be, even if i enjoy dark beers, there is something so quenching about such a light and clean tasting beer.

I want to drink good beer, and occasionally get drunk doing so. If I really wanted to get drunk without regard to taste I would just drink liquor

I'm a simple man with simple tastes.

I'd rather drink weird ass beers than be a redneck. But its rather silly to portray good beer in general as those obscure and weird flavor combinations

>Nothing wrong with adding a little unfermentable lactose to a beer.
Now they have fruity beers because of that; people experimented too much and now craft beer is over-saturated with shit that doesn't even make sense.
Beer doesn't need to be complicated.

I like craft beer as much as the next pretentious faggot. But I often feel cheap and will grab a case of miller lite or high life. They're not bad. People who judge others for not drinking craft are retarded.

When I turned into an alcoholic and didn't want to get super fat.

I quit drinking for a few months and was excited to go back to the craft brews I once loved and they didn't do much for me anymore. I'll slam back a few high abv craft brews if I feel like getting drunk quickish, but generally speaking I just drink bud lite these days in mass quantities.

my man, get me a shot of cheap windsor whiskey and a miller lite.

>and now craft beer is over-saturated with shit that doesn't even make sense.
Craft beer is still like 90% Pale Ales, Stouts and german styles. The weird shit is a rather tiny portion of it

this

>tfw philly citywide special
>PBR and shot of whiskey for $3

can't beat it

Buying light beer is like going to McDonalds or Pizza Hut, or shopping primarily at Walmart, or considering Olive Garden your favorite Italian restaurant, or owning a confederate flag
people are going to judge you if you do this stuff

IDK i live in a small town in western pa and you can't even find an IPA on draft nearly anywhere. America was raised on simple pilsners and lagers. As much as bud lite et all, take shortcuts the end product is very drinkable and not all that bad for a hot day or a few with the boys after work.

McDonalds, pizza hut etc aren't really similar imo. While macrobrews are certainly mass produced, the level of gnarly ingredients doesn't even come close to the soy lechtin and meat substitutes used by fast food chains.

God you people are so patheic

>HOW DARE PEOPLE NOT ENJOY THIS 12% ABV DOUBLE IPA!
>WHAT? YOU WANT TO DRINK A FEW SIMPLE REFRESHING BEERS WITHOUT GETTING PLASTERED? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?
>WHY WONT ANYONE AT THIS BAR TALK TO ME? *gulps down blueberry cobbler stout*

Mass produced adjunct lagers were developed to satisfy the thirst of women and males too weak to fight in WW2. The real men who tamed america and the founding fathers drank craft beer. There were over 4800 craft brewers in the late 1800's. Women induced prohibition killed them and after prohibition only the feminized tasteless adjuncts were produced. The spawning of the wimpy feminized male who bought into the womanly diet ideal resulted in an even shittier version called "lite" beer. The resurgance of the craft beer drew in the more masculine men who bore more resemblance to the pioneers and demanded a manly robust flavor to their beers.

tl;dr history shows the truth that it's the feminized male who drinks adjunct pisswater, especially "lite", and craft beer is the real man's beer.

Too bad you're literally feminizing yourself by drinking hoppy IPAs

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10372741

>America was raised on simple pilsners and lagers
Thats was more of a post WWII thing once national marketing of brands took over beer sales, classic American beer was much more diverse.
Remember, light beer itself wasn't even a thing until the 80s when Miller Lite was created
> the end product is very drinkable
In the same way that water is drinkable, because its basically just carbonated water

Ehh. I see where you coming from. But I don't like to judge people for what they like. It's like saying just because you like good high quality food you can't enjoy fast food every once in a while. Fuck olive garden though.

calm down man, have you every even looked at craft beer? Very little of it is that high ABV,
Most is in the 5-7.5% range which is perfect for just enjoying a couple hanging out

Great! Another thinly-veiled forced /pol/shit thread.

>tfw local bar has nice craft beers and $2 beers on tap
I feel bad for retards that only drink one or the other

Why are people so obsessed over shit like this?

thats not how biochemistry works

/pol/

America always drank lagers that were homebrewed. It's a holdover form the british and because the water was so shit. America always drank lagers. The oldest brewery in america started with lagers. America has always consumed simple beers. This "craft" thing only popped up somewhat recently. IPA are called such because in order to endure the journey from england to India, the beers would have to be heavily hopped. I'm not shitting on IPAs and it doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed, but generally speaking Lagers were the drink of choice, and later pilsners and other german beers once they came in droves.

I mean I go to McDonalds once and a while, but I sure as hell am not proud of it

I have a friend who every time he buys a new beer the first thing he mentions is what abv it is. I tell him every single time that I don't give a shit what percent it is, but he has a tendency to be a pretentious faggot so I think it's his weird way of trying to show off.

A place I went yesterday had $3 full pours of Breakfast Stout so that was cool

Fair point. I guess I wouldn't say I'm proud to drink a miller lite every once in a while either. I mostly just buy it to drink at the golf course with my friends.

Sounds like a chill place user.

American microbrews are basically undrinkable because they overhop everything since their tastebuds are fried, so if I had to choose between an american micro and some of that light beer shit, I'd probably just have the bud light.

Why do craftbabbies get so defensive when someone says they like Miller lite? Are they really that pretentious that they cant stand the thought of someone enjoying something simple and basic?

It's like someone preferring their chicken to be seasoned with just salt and pepper instead of 40 different spices and sauces.

they are as bad as wine snobs now, only a bit more pathetic since they aren't drinking anything that takes much talent or effort to make

>hey aren't drinking anything that takes much talent or effort to make
this. It's stupid easy to make a very good IPA.

I'll give some credit for the stouts and some that age longer, but even then it's all pretty easy on a small level.

Because it helps them feel superior for drinking a small local brew. They seem to forget that at one point all brewers were small locals but had the initiative to become a national brand.

If there's no good sours/farm houses available, the first thing I go for is basic macro brews. I fucking hate heavy ass IPAs and Stouts. They're disgustingly thick and gross.

>Why do craftbabbies get so defensive when someone says they like Miller lite
maybe because the OP explicitly states people who don't primarily drink lite beer are pretentious douches, surely that does something to elicit a defensive response

I also don't understand why people get so butthurt about the idea that because lite beers are a somewhat modern invention that they are somehow shit. They fit a market that needed and wanted them in the same way that lagers and pilsners fit a niche in england and germany. I'd say a fucking bud-light is a more authentic beer and speaks to a larger culture than the Cinnamon Sugar Barrel Aged Banana Porter

>It's like someone preferring their chicken to be seasoned with just salt and pepper instead of 40 different spices and sauces.
More like they would prefer their chicken to be ground up with water added to make it cheaper instead of being well seasoned whole muscle meat

Anything popular is bad, don't you know user? If it's the norm, then it's automatically shit. Come on bro...

lol at the idea that winemaking is tougher than brewing. At least you know when you are drinking a good beer, unlike wine where it is 90% marketing bullshit

Bud light is literally just malts, rice, yeast (maybe some corn) and water. I don't think it gets much simpler than that.

Bud lite is OK. Never tried miller or coors lite. I like lagers and pilsners in general though. Becks is good and only like 7 dollars for a 6 pack.

>this. It's stupid easy to make a very good IPA.
then how come the West coast still can't figure out how to do it?

I'm no fan of wine snobs but brewing is literally just assembling some ingredients. It's not like brewers grow their own hops and malt like a winery grows their own grapes.

Spoken like a true craftbabby.

Is this why a sommelier can tell you what exact region a wine is from, as well as the date and type of grape that was used? I guess it's all bullshit, right user? They're all the same

Meanwhile "Beer connoisseurs" are too busy getting stoned and seeing how many adjectives they can fit into the name of their newest IPA. Get a grip dude.

Miller is alright. It doesn't really taste like anything. I drink it when I don't feel like buying a case of something better.

holy fuck, btfo

>is a more authentic beer and speaks to a larger culture
Authentically brewed by a Belgian company owned by Brazilian bankers pretending to be patriotic American beer that needs to spend hundreds of millions of dollars advertising fucking everywhere to maintain the relevance of their product.
The only culture it speaks to is uneducated redneck and fratboy culture

I like beer that doesn't taste like anything. I think I'll try miller lite

>seeing how many adjectives they can fit into the name of their newest IPA.

Fucking bertrand russell and his retarded "superior virtue of the oppressed" bullshit is actually the exact reason why bugmen millenials think like this. Smaller is better = more moral simply by their nature of being smaller.

Is a german pilsner "light beer"? I agree with you the IPAs are garbage, but most American light beers aren't very tasty to me. I think some of the pilsners are a good happy medium, as long as Americans don't try to make them because they'll add too many hops and probably a banana or two.

Look no further than this my friend. It taste like basically nothing and is only 15 dollars for a 30 pack. Plus its got the best can.

>Cinnamon Sugar Barrel Aged Banana Porte
Is the only argument light beer ladies have against good beer making up some fake wierd flavor combination and acting like that is what good beer drinkers are advocating?

A pretty small proportion of craft beer uses adjuncts (unlike macro beer where almost all of it adds corn or rice), and generally the adjuncts make sense like coffee in a stout.
This thing you are trying to portray good beer is has no basis in reality and makes you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about

>The only culture it speaks to is uneducated redneck and fratboy culture

I'm not concerned so much about who makes it, as I am about who drinks it. You sorely missed this. Lite beers were beers for the average man, of which you (probably jewish) doesn't seem to understand. The fact that you seem to lookdown on "rednecks" or ruralites also shows how fucking out of touch you are.

I hate people like you. Move to europe.

is that the same as Genesee cream ale?

Lol, you referenced an abstract that states there are no issues with it even for women and the abstract mentions nothing with regard to effects on males. The very last line reads:

>The phytoestrogen can also be detected in beer, but the levels are low and should not pose any cause for concern.

Your own reference btfo your argument, you tardgargling /pol/fag.

I hope not. GCA is all i drank freshman year of college and the taste of it today still makes me want to vomit

most craft beer is only barley, hops, water, and yeast but the use far superior recipes and don't water it down to cut costs so it becomes a better product

As if it's not the same with beer. 90% of people only buy an IPA because of the edgy hipster artwork on the fucking packaging.

I'm not saying their is anything essentially wrong with a good craft beer. I'm saying that the disdain for macro's is retarded. I can see it on grounds that they are local and may benefit the community, but to judge a beer because it has corn or rice in it, seems silly to me when the product is pretty tasty.

If you eat or drink anything other than fast food and light beer you're a tryhard nu-male soy hipster faggot.

the virgin beer enthusiast
>looks down on people drinking macro brews
>prefers double IPAs to regular IPAs
>spends 20 minutes reading beer list before ordering
>collects all his seasonal microbrew bottles
>asks every bar if they have any local brews
>beer gut from all the calories
>pays $16 for a six pack

the chad beer drinker
>pays $10 for a 30 rack of bud light
>always knows exactly what he wants
>doesn't look down on people who prefer higher class beer
>lean, fit from low calorie beers
>doesnt have an ego showing everyone how good of taste he has

No it's a lager.

>Is this why a sommelier can tell you what exact region a wine is from, as well as the date and type of grape that was used?
No they fucking can't

>americans always drank lagers.

Categorically false. Lagers require cold temperatures for fermentation and conditioning and lagers were a relatively recent development in the US. The early US brewing was based on the british ale yeast fermentation. Britain was even later to the lager game than the US.

>seeing how many adjectives they can fit into the name of their newest IPA
What is this even a reference to? Is there some trend that I have somehow completely missed of giving IPAs super long and descriptive names?

I can barely tell the difference between a lager and a yuengling, except for the fact that the craft will probably have too many hops.

youtu.be/UUunwFZFqZo

Yes, they can.
It takes literally years of training to become a Master Sommelier.

Meanwhile your local brewery made a shitty pale ale in his basement once and slapped a picture his 14 year old edgy son drew on it and called it a "Triple Hopped Citrus Double IPA" and sold it to you for $8 a pop

>The early US brewing was based on the british ale yeast fermentation
You're correct about british Ales, but America gets far cold enough for cold fermentation and lager yeast would work perfectly fine for our winter months.

>Lite beers were beers for the average man
more like average woman
An average 20 something dude does not drink light beer, and only every did in the 80s and 90s, through the rest of American history that was not the case

Men drinking light beer was an unfortunate short term trend caused by massive marketing budgets and brewery consolidation and cost cutting in the face of over-regulation, that has luckily now been curtailed and will die out as the older generations who grew up in the old system die

Why do tastelet macrofags delude themselves into thinking the discount piss water they drink has any merit outside of drinking games.

I'm still going to drink PBR and miller lite, buddy. I don't care. I don't even really have a problem with craft beer, but the fanboys became such raging faggots about it it became intolerable.

actually it is very much not the case with beer, you luckily do not need to spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn tell the difference between middling and excellent beer like you do with wine. Great beer is great of its own merits and flavor, the "best" wine is there because it has characteristics, mostly not related to the actual taste, which people are taught make it desirable and rare

Why do craftbabbies who can't drink anything without assaulting their senses with hops get all pissy when someone enjoys a simple beer without 50 ingredients, 350 calories, and 9% abv?

>had the initiative to become a national brand.

That isn't what happened at all. The larger breweries had the capital to weather prohibition by converting to the less profitable malt syrup production and at the end of prohibition began brewing shit, cheap quality adjunct lagers since a public forced to drink cane sugar bathtub beer during prohibition would drink anything. In typical corporate shenanigans they established a stranglehold over the distributorships which still exists today.

>piss water
some cheap beer really deserves to be called piss water. However not all light beer is like that. I like light beer that tastes like basically nothing. It's like drinking carbonated water almost, but not really because it does have some very mild but pleasant flavor and color.

the creation of lite beer was the consolidation of smaller breweries after post war industrialization. These macros were based upon the taste of average americans. I'm not saying that the consolidation or lack of compeitition was good. I also lament that many of these breweries are foreign owned. However, craft beer brought with it insufferable people and I think everyone can agree with that. Macrobrews aren't going anywhere, man.

Lol except the American light lager was invented in the 70s and has nothing to do with the prohibition. In fact, barely any breweries survived the prohibition at all. Stop making up BS facts about shit you have no idea about.

>but to judge a beer because it has corn or rice in it
If you add flavorless adjuncts to your already watery beer to make it less flavorful and cheaper to make (I'm not sure what is worse, making the decision to cut corners on cost or to actively want your beer to have less flavor) you deserve to be judged

I have had a few beer that have used corn to improve flavor, but the corn the macros use is highly processed to make it pretty much just flavorless corn syrup. Its not the fact that it is corn that is the problem, its the reason they chose to use the adjunct that is

Fair point. I guess my edgy packaging point only really applies to my annoying ass beer snob friend group.

>>asks every bar if they have any local brews
The fuck bars are you going to where this even needs to be asked? Every fucking bar has local beer, even the shitty ones

I've tried Pilsner Urquel and I've had Miller light. The only difference was a very minor grainy/maltier flavor in the Urquel. I think people hype up the difference.