What's our verdict on drm bag pressers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=stTzLmoStsU
youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA
youtube.com/watch?v=dkz4hmaU1kY
youtu.be/qczImf93M_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't that company literally go bankrupt after someone made a video of them hand-squeezing juice out of the bags? I think I heard there was something like $ 100+ million in VC money that got fucking wasted as a result of its failure. What a harbinger of the times ahead, eh?

Overpriced shit. Just buy a regular blender and/or fruit juice.

Also I remember reading that you don't actually need the presser to drink the packets.

i have happily spent more than $400 on a juicer and i still think that thing was a pretty stupid waste of money

The bags are just fruit puree. There's videos of people cutting them open as well as showing all you need to do is apply slight pressure to "juice" the bags. The juiceeo is literally just an overcomplicated hand simulator with wifi.

I don't understand the point of this. If you're too lazy/stupid to use a juicer then just drink a V8 or something similar. It would make some sense if the bags were a concentrate or something that the machine mixed and watered down but this is just a roundabout way to pretend that you use a juicer. I feel like this would only appeal to people who literally just want to signal with their health gadgets. There's no other explanation for it.

Juicing gets rid of all the good stuff anyway. Just buy a top of the line blender and use that.

>I feel like this would only appeal to people who literally just want to signal with their health gadgets. There's no other explanation for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=stTzLmoStsU

But it wasn't overpriced.
They took heavy losses on the machine itself. The profit was supposed to come from the juice bag subscriptions. I guess people just weren't that dumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

They got laughed at and went bankrupt. There's your verdict.

Overpriced is based on what it is worth to the consumer, not what it costs to make. It was overpriced.

>They took heavy losses on the machine itself.

Yes, because it was ridiculously over engineered.

It was actually ridiculously UNDERengineered because they literally had shit for budget constraints. Beautiful and elegant machinery comes from finding the best solutions with limited dollars; this piece of shit is literally what you would build if someone handed you 5 million in R&D and told you to go wild. Solid aluminum machined parts everywhere, insanely expensive custom molded shell..

It's overBUILT, if anything.

Okay now i'm mad. That thing looks like it costs about $500 and is essentially just an Easy Bake Oven with the same proprietary scam. Tortillas are cheap as fuck and if you live in any major city you can by fresh tortillas somewhere. Some H-E-Bs make fresh tortillas on site. You can also buy tortillas that are under-cooked so you can make them semi-fresh. Or fuck, you can simply make your own tortillas with a super cheap cast iron press that will actually make them taste like real tortillas instead of something you threw into an easy bake oven. Who is this even for? What possible market could this have? I have a real hard time believing that there's this much demand for useless super expensive kitchen appliances.

Also the way she keeps pronouncing tortilla is the worst. I live near the border and fucking nobody says it like that.

You're talking about cost engineering, which yes is something they clearly UNDERengineered on, but when most people say "Over engineered" they're not talking about cost reduction.

why would you laugh at them
i'd laugh at the investors who put money into this shit, the fact that someone successfully pitched this and got millions of dollars in investment is mind boggling

>Our machine only makes one tortilla at a time, what should we do?
>Keep it that way and say it is a feature

Someone should tell that company that mexican houses have had automatic tortilla machines for centuries.
Introducing La Abuelita™
>Every healthy household has one
>Makes food an tortillas
>Only needs to be taken to church at least once a week
>Automatically keeps track of the whole family's nutrition and (forcefully) feeds those who are not getting enough nourishment
>Makes tortillas at a record speed instantly
>Scares-off the "negros"
>Comes with a free Latina gf

Are you juicing hummus?

>Spend hours making tortillas
Wtf the dough is just corn flour and warm water, what retard takes hours making tortillas?

Apr 19, 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA

September 1, 2017
>To our loyal customers and partners,

>Since our launch 16 months ago, we’ve been grateful for the support you’ve shown toward our mission of bringing more fresh produce into people’s lives. Juicero has grown so much thanks to your loyalty.

>However, today, after selling over a million Produce Packs, we must let you know that we are suspending the sale of the Juicero Press and Produce Packs immediately.

>In order to fulfill our mission, we announced last month that we would shift our resources to focus on lowering the price of the Press and Produce Packs. We began identifying ways that we could source, manufacture and distribute at a lower cost to consumers.

>During this process, it became clear that creating an effective manufacturing and distribution system for a nationwide customer base requires infrastructure that we cannot achieve on our own as a standalone business. We are confident that to truly have the long-term impact we want to make, we need to focus on finding an acquirer with an existing national fresh food supply chain who can carry forward the Juicero mission.

>For the next 90 days, we are offering refunds for your purchase of the Juicero Press. Please contact [email protected] by December 1, 2017 to request a refund for your purchase. If you have an active Pack subscription, you will receive your final delivery next week (week of September 4th).

>In a short period of time, you’ve validated that there is national demand for easier access to fresh produce and hassle-free cold-press juicing — thank you again for coming on this journey with us.

>Thank you,

>The Juicero Team

Blame the fruit/vegetable distribution infrastructure, folks.

>X-ray of a Small brain inside of skull =
>3D rendering of brain inside of skull shooting blue beams of light = Making your own tortillas
>Rendering of a man with multiple arms in front of a cosmic background with light emitting from his head = youtube.com/watch?v=dkz4hmaU1kY

JUISIR is pretty cool, it's basically a juicero, but you take empty plastic packs, and add your own riots and vegetables, and acts as a proper cold press
It's expensive as fuck though, but no WIFI is required to use it
youtu.be/qczImf93M_E

Where can I get my own stern yet kind-hearted abuelita?

My Abuelita's are dead :(

Sorry, no warranty

And I didn't get my qt Mexican gf either. But fuck, I was close :(

>The juiceeo is literally just an overcomplicated hand simulator with wifi.
Sex application when?

Who would want DRM sexbots?

That video is magical. Such a ride into the minds of the people who made this thing and the guy taking it apart is so knowledgeable

>grandma moves in when I was born to help my mom raise my siblings and I
>always bitter because she didnt approve of the man her daughter married
>never cooks, just cleans and yells at
Us
T-thanks abuelita ;_;

Have you tried returning her to the Abuelita factory?

I've never met mine except when my mom brought me to Mexico as a baby. I just found out this year that my great grandparents are still kicking too, they're like in their 80's. They're actually great great grandparents because my cousins had kids super early, they'll probably be great great great grandparents if they live another decade. I also discovered my extended family is massive, like hundreds if not over a thousand on just my mother's side.

What the FUCK

she died 15 years ago, I think the warranty is probably up

>Who is this even for?
I'll give you a clue, they generally live in Portland or California, does that help?

>HEB

My nigga. That and Whataburger are the two things I miss the most from Texas.

AvE is a treasure

Your people's exponential population growth is why you must all go back.

Proof that you can sell anything to anybody. From the hipster, health freaks that bought this junk, to the (((sophisticated, wall street, venture capital investors))) that bought the "dog and pony show" and wasted $$$millions$$$ backing this scam. There was never any intent for this shit to succeed, it was designed to fail from the start. It's purpose was to suck the investment money out of the investors in as vampire like manner as possible..

Gotta rrrrrrroll those r's. Even when prrrounouncing English worrrrds like 'frrrrresh'.

And how many latinas are going to sit down to a meal with a 12 year old boy and 2 niggers? I find this whole concept and advertisement confusing and irritating.

>Blame the fruit/vegetable distribution infrastructure

Or I can blame the hand-rubbing kikes who came up with this piece of shit.

i feel like a lot of these kitchen gadgets are just people trying to make money on start up venture capital and then bail out.

do these look like people who would take tortilla's seriously; or start up, cash in, sell out, bro down?

>to anybody

except this failed because nobody bought it or wanted it. the people who bought it are a subset of life failures who money is no object to, and that's the only people who bought it.

Not a cold press juicer there is another one from another company that lets you add what ever you want to the bags and it juice anything some guy put a mouse in one and it juiced it

>juicing a mouse

all of them doctors, lawyers and engineers i'm sure

Answer this

Not sure why this product triggered so many poor people. If people with money want to spend their own money on things like this then who cares?

>Didn't that company literally go bankrupt after someone made a video of them hand-squeezing juice out of the bags?

i never understood this. does that mean the thing wasnt really a juicer at all?
the bags were already filled with already made juice and all the machine did was just squeeze it out for you, right?

Nothing wrong with juicero. Money was taken from rich idiots and given to American workers to produce a quality piece of machinery. Watch the video about it on the youtube channel AvE, it's a beautifully overengineered machine.

>soft guitar and alternative instrument backing brought to you by Kikestarter
>latina model emphasizing how spanish the word tortilla is
>literally named after hipster slang
>organic non-GMO
>completely useless, overpriced monotasker

This video is the entire west coast in 2 minutes.

Mexicans reproduce like fucking...Chinese or Mexicans or something

why is it that only brown-skinned developing world shits have rabbit semen and clown car vaginas and not intelligent first-world people like Norwegians or Koreans

It's worth it just for that one AvE video where he hacks it up into a frankenstein abomination to bypass the DRM

>AvE

i lost

essentially just cut up veg & fruit and the press just squeezes

honestly i dont see the advantage over a juicebox

the cut up stuff ends up in a sealed bag for weeks anyways

this just proves AvE being an absolute machine.

Listened to a podcast last weekend and they were talking about the Juicero project having to shut down because it was a $400 bag presser. On top of that, the publicity was so bad, they caused other companies to cut their own losses and close up on their own, ACTUAL juicers that were just launched. Sales everywhere tanked because of Juicero.

>"'"'"'"'master race"'"'"'"'
>can't even master making a couple of babies
ISHYGDDT