Say I want hot and crispy fries when I get home

Say I want hot and crispy fries when I get home

Which is the better option:
A. Keeping the bag open so steam can get out
B. Keeping the bag rolled up so the heat can be retained

I don't think fast food has enough moisture to really steam. But I'm purely guessing.

Eat the fucking fries while you're driving.

can't you fucking read? he said he wants them when he gets home

Without any ketchup or dipping sauce?

I don't know about that, wingstop fries get fucking destroyed in a rolled up bag, they're soggy and limp in minutes

C. Make your own that beat anything you can get from a fast food joint.

Bag open.

Then re-bake

Wala

Plus buying ingredients, washing potatoes, peeling potatoes, slicing potatoes, frying potatoes, and then washing every utensil used

vs.

driving a mile to mcdonalds and paying like 2.50 or whatever

You don't keep emergency sauce packets with you? What the fuck are you gonna do when North Korea sends the missile?

I’d much rather have my own fries. Nothing beats the rich texture inside when they’re perfectly golden and thick, it’s like warm snow.

>I'm a helpless man-baby that can't do anything for himself
Oh, got it.

You got a recipe?

Not him, but of course he doesn't.

Sounds less like he can't and more like he doesn't want to.

Throw some oil in a pan and refry em

how hard do i have to throw it?

Pretty simple, just pour oil in a pan that has walls 4-6 inches high, just enough to fit two layers of sliced potatoes (you’ll only be using one layer). I like the golden yukon potatoes, they’re perfect for mash too. Oh yeah, peel and slice potatoes, kinda obvious there. Preheat the oil until it’s almost boiling on a ~high heat, and then pour in the potato slices (careful, the oil will jump out from here on out). Continue flipping them, likely with a spatula/spoon like utensil with holes in it. Cook until golden-brown, or crispy exterior soft interior.

This is why I come here.

>C. Make your own that beat anything you can get from a fast food joint.
I was wondering how long it would take before someone derailed the conversation because they made their own fries one time when they were bored and have to mention it every chance they get now. The man wants fast food fries specifically you pleb.

Fries do not travel well at all so dump them out on a trey and pop them in the toaster oven for a minute.

Wait, how high are you pouring the oil if you have to flip them?

Its fucking french fries. Heat oil, dump in fries. The whole process takes forever and is messy as fuck, which is why OP wants FUCKING FAST FOOD FRIES!!

This is the million dollar question and it deserves more discussion.

It doesn’t matter how high, the slices are staying on the surface so one side is always exposed while the other is cooking.

I keep the bag closed and they're perfectly fine when I get home, would never keep the bag open especially since its the dead of winter right now

It takes forever and is messy if you’re flipping the pan instead of the fries, you autist.

Huh, I usually just force them under and they stay.

at five guys you're trained to tell to-go customers to keep the bag open and reheat in the oven if they get cold.

Keep the bag open and floor it on the way home

Put them in a 375 degree over when you get home and wait. Maybe the burg too.

Fucking kek!

A follow up question is how fucking far do you have to drive home with the food, so that this would be a relevant question? Any place I visit in town is roughly 5-10 minutes from my home, are you this much of picky neetlets that you get bitchy over fries being 5-10 minutes old?

What you could do is just keep your car at a high enough temperature to keep the fries warm. Couldn’t have a negative effect on you either, if anything it’ll toughen up your skin. After a few weeks of fast food fries, you’ll look like a rotisserie pig, your skin strong as leather, and your fries fresh as fuck.

The only thing that is more of a pain in the ass to make at home is ramen. Fries are a bunch of effort and wasted time for a side dish that at best is going to be equal to your favorite place to get them. You need a bunch of oil, you have to peel and do a ridiculous amount of cutting, then its a whole process of double frying. For a fucking side dish

Don't forget that if you want fast food-style fries the trick is to par-fry them and freeze them in advance, so you're literally doing prep work the fucking day before

They'll get soggy or stale either way. But closing it will speed up the process I think

First time trying this brand. Intentionally disregarded cooking instructions which was to cook in oven, and tried the cold fry method I've read about. Crispest fries I've ever made with a perfectly cooked center.
Keep a deep fryer with oil in it, so l simply added frozen fries to the cold oil. Set the thermostat to 400°F. Put the lid on and let it heat up and do its thing. I did an occasional stir to insure even cooking. Took them up when they reached the color I desired.
Awesome! And they weren't greasy/ oily. I'm cold frying from here on out. Well, French fries anyway. Haven't tried anything else, but it's no mess or spatter with the same if not better results.

bag open for sure, just a bit.

Don't know why pic posted upside down

I cooked some last night

Only cooking for one; me

>Haven't tried anything else
It'll probably work okay with anything that's dense and won't start immediately soaking up oil, definitely don't do it with anything breaded

For sure

i don't understand these replies about my response to OPs question.

This is a dilemma I did not realize existed in my life.
Keep the bag open and the fries become cold.
But when I keep the bag closed, the fries are always soggy when I get home.
I don't think I've ever actually tried keeping the bag open, so I might try that next time. Thanks, OP!

fucking city slickers

This. Really though.

God I hate people like you. This is not the point o the motherfucking thread. We don't care that you think all fast food is disgusting, you don't have to tell the world every chance you get.

>Hue hue, still eating that TRASH
>Instead of buying that subpar burger, just make it yourself, like I do
>Btw did I mention fast food is gross?

who the fuck wants to bake some cheap ass mcdonalds

C. Go inside and eat them. Make sure to ask for them fresh. The ketchup in the pumps at fast food restaurants is the best. The packets are a pain, and ketchup at home is usually cold from being in the fridge, plus you're paying for it.

There really is no winning this.

>ketchup at home is usually cold from being in the fridge
only if you live with morons.

you are a sad person

Neither option A or option B will give you hot and crispy fries when you get home.
Go figure.
You will have to reheat, rebake, refry, or cook your own

>ketchup at home is usually cold from being in the fridge

>not using a Thermal bag

>food loses crispness and/or becomes soggy
Maybe you could read the thread.

Sure there is, but heating a whole pot of oil to refry your fries for just a couple seconds to recrisp them is pretty extreme.

Poke a hole with your pinky

>being so lazy that you can't pop it in the oven for ten minutes
>complaining about soggy food when you're buying bottom of the barrel refuse in the first place

>not just buying one of these and throwing anything you want onto it

Boy, I can hear the REEEEEE all the way from over here. Stop wasting time discussing how to make shitty food less shitty and just make good food.

>bitch about women rather than learning social skills
>bitch about minimum wage job rather than educating yourself
>bitch about social life while maintaining a multiple hour a day gaming habit

We seeing a pattern, fellas?

I probably would make my own fries, but dude, Im not going to use all that oil for a single fucking serving, and i don't want my freezer jam packed full of fucking fries and no room for fuck else.

Step 1: use oil.
Step 2: store it for next use.

>dipshits itt who think making fries is hard/time consuming
>dipshits itt who dont know you can easily reuse oil
im convinced brainlets in fast food threads dont even cook. not even worth a (You)
pic related; its you fags

good fries need to be par-fried and frozen in advance (but I do it in batches so I have them ready to go)
Also you realize that oil eventually goes rancid and oxidizes even if you're not cooking with it, right?

It has enough to steam enough and simultaneously lose heat enough that when you get home, even on very short drives, the fries are garbage.

This. Not to mention the exorbitant amount of cooking oil and the cost of that plus disposal of it.

Depends on the oil and the amount of time you plan on storing it. I generally don’t keep oil for more than 6 months, and I try to only use peanut oil. Never had an issue with rancid oil. Just don’t store the oil unless you actually plan on reusing it.

This. 100%

How fast are you peeling? Slicing? Frying? Cleaning up?

I think the biggest thing is splashing oil everywhere from the frying especially in a pan. That's grosser to clean than potatoe peels

>he doesn't like cold kinda soggy fries

obviously you cant keep it forever but their point was that he's not going to waste a shit load of oil on one batch of fries when you can reuse it numerous times. par frying is not hard nor that time consuming.

Refry

>all this shit just to make some fries
fuck off
I know im on Veeky Forums, but most people on Veeky Forums want to cook the laziest, most cost efficient, lazy way possible.

Keep a dehydrator atop the passenger seat of your car. Dump fries in there whenever you get fast food and blast the heater on them.

The bottle says refrigerate after opening.

FUCK da rulez, nigga.

Ignore everything you have already been replied

Look up the double fry method
You wash, cut them, fry once at low temp for many minutes, then again at higher temp for less minutes

Do the first fry in bulk, drain and freeze a bunch and then you can skip that step next time, you could even try convection oven as second step if one day you dont have enough fryer oil

faggot

mcd's fries suck after 8 minutes so eat them in the car

>Cant even stay on topic
We already established the point of this thread with the OP.

This isn't a
>How can I have better fries
thread, its literally just open bag or closed bag.

Some people just can't keep from talking about themselves though.

>Did I mention I cook fries better than fast food
>What, you'd rather talk about the OP than listen to my useless ass?
>fucking dumbasses can't even cook some fries, lazy neckbeard virgins

>Literally one butthurt samefag in thread who can't stop talking about how lazy/stupid people are for not wanting to cook their own fries.

>In a thread meant to discuss fast food

>Can't accept no one wants to listen to them

>deflecting from his permavirgin incompetence
Keep trying, pal. The rest of us are laughing at how rooted in your own stupidity you are.

This. Even if you just stop and park in the lot for a couple of minutes, that's your best bet.

They can't beat anything from a fast food joint

Sorry, but fast food simply tastes better ALWAYS

watch the language, this is a blue board... jeez..

implying the fries are even crispy to begin with if you get them at a mcdonalds

Tell them to make a new batch of fries, my man.

You have to be seriously low-test if you devote any more than 10 minutes towards acquiring french fries. It's potatoes, oil, and salt, it's total junk food. If you make this type of shit on your own just for yourself you should sincerely consider taking your own life.

open the bag
if you live far enough away that food getting cold is a concern why are you getting take out?

>hurr durr anyone not agreeing with me is samefag xd

It's always the dumbasses that wanna tripfag. Are you that starved for attention that you need to try to carve out an identity on Veeky Forums?

taking the bait

/thread

Along with any 'hot and steamy' foods, keeping it rolled up and keeping the heat retained, you're bound to end up with a soggy mess within minutes. This is also apparent in microwaving foods and closing the lid on its container. It is always better to keep it slightly open to let the food 'breathe'.
Then, you can rebake if necessary.

t. user who eats food on a regular basis