Iron Chef

Does anyone here watch this series? It's a 90s food show from Nippon that I rather enjoy on account of its over the top theatrics and bloody ingenious cooking.

Other urls found in this thread:

ironcheffans.info/wordpress/?page_id=21
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of course, pinnacle of culinary television.

Chen Kenichi killed my family in a violent shootout over a game of mahjongg in a seedy Shanghai opium den.

Ilon chefalou!

Love it! Some of my favorite episodes include Chen's shrimp battle, Sakai's asparagus battle, and Chen's cabbage battles.

I was watching it and found it a world apart from the bullshit we have here in the UK; proper well regarded chefs and a good sense of humour sets it well apart
allez cuisine!
I love the pork belly and sea urchin ones from Chen, but also the Sakai vs Gagnaire one (particularly as I met the latter a few weeks ago)
fyi, here's a site that hosts a bunch of episodes, with most dubbed
ironcheffans.info/wordpress/?page_id=21

that guy is so Veeky Forums I want to be him

I remember there was one episode and the challenger was some dude with a mushroom themed restaurant. Then the secret ingredient was mushrooms and the iron chef fucking crushed him.

Yep, I already have the dubbed ones. I do have a few subbed episodes too, but I'm not always attentive enough to pay attention to them.

"These carrots have a noble flavor!"

semi related... when I watch videos on youtube I set subtitles to a language I do not speak but would like to learn. I pick up quite a lot.

My favourite: Chen Kenichi's potato battle against some housewife magazine cooking editor.

She knocks out 6 dishes with 7 minutes to spare, so whips up a beef and potato curry in the last few minutes because why not.

Chen BTFO.

>When Bobby Flay came through early on in the 90’s as a nobody and destroyed the gooks every single time

The Nips haven’t been able to handle a Southwest kick since the one they cooked up for them at Los Alamos.

Pretty good idea

danke

lul

>posts about American Iron Chef

You're a stupid cunt, Flay is a piece of shit, and you're in the wrong thread, plus you're a stupid cunt.

>Being this retarded not knowing that Flay got his start on TV as a guest American contestant decades ago on the original Japanese Iron Chef

You’re a stupid cunt, Flay is a piece of shit, and you’re in the wrong thread, plus you’re a stupid cunt.

Quiche is a shill and talks to the police.

CH'EH KE'N'SHE

Underrated

Flay appeared on Japanese Iron Chef only twice, both in 2000, you giddy imbecile. He lost once and won once. Hardly 'destroying the gooks every single time'.

He has, however, featured heavily on a different and very shitty American made licensed knockoff, but that's not the show we're discussing.

Isn't there some still-warm roadkill nearby that you could be sexually interfering with instead of interrupting the grownups, you drooling inbred?

Watching this now as per your recommendation. Thanks user

Enjoy. If based nihongo housu waifu fucks like she cooks her husband is a lucky man

i lol'd when he got electrocuted

BEST BOY COMING THROUGH

Genuinely best cooking show of all time. I have seen every episode at least twice, and I still turn it on every so often to watch while I eat dinner.

I would pay good money to cook with this guy, fukken legend

lmao thats so sad poor dude. i wonder how his restaurant did after that aired

this show was great
>fyi, here's a site that hosts a bunch of episodes, with most dubbed
>ironcheffans.info/wordpress/?page_id=21
thanks

I had the chance to attend a dinner cooked by Kenichi and Sakai in the late noughties but it was AU$400 dollarydoos a head, couldn't afford it.

Still regret it. Don't give a shit about Hiroyuki 'just stuff everything with truffles and foie gras' Sakai, but Chen would be a top guy to get drunk with.

I used to watch this shit with my family, great show.

Your daily reminder that Chen was the ONLY Iron Chef to stick around for the whole series.

>dub