What good meat substitutions? No, this isn't some "I'm going vegan/vegetarian" shit...

What good meat substitutions? No, this isn't some "I'm going vegan/vegetarian" shit. More of a thread for when you want meat but it's expensive. Was thinking mushrooms for beef, but that seems like it would get boring quickly. Maybe you vegan fags have some knowledge.

>a thread for when you want meat but it's expensive
So a thread about finding a better job?

Beans.
Tofu.
Seitan.
Quorn.
Alternatives may be more expensive than beef
That's the end of the thread

>I'm a useless faggot.

>Alternatives may be more expensive than beef
Fug.

Sweet potatoes in some cases
Beans in others.

portobello mushrooms can be pretty meaty

Mushrooms have a good meaty flavor but they won't be filling like meat. Eggs and cheese can both be cheaper than meat and work well with mushrooms though.

Mushrooms barelly fill you up since they're sacks of air.

If you're so poor that eating "meat" is something that is sometimes too expensive for you to afford then you're reaching third world dirt farmer levels of poor and need to seriously get your shit together.

>worthlessness intensifies
>acts like turbo faggot
>a-user, I'm helping!

There are a lot of meat substitute vegan options. vegan sausage, vegan burgers etc
Tempeh is great! Is is so easy to be vegan these days!

>pretending that the multiple people calling you out for being trash are the same person
First day on Veeky Forums?

Soyrizo is pretty good.

Meat is already subsidized so poorfags can afford it. Are you literally living on the street?

Get some mass and make sopes or arepas, thick filling discs of hearty cornmeal and when you fry that shit good with oil or whatever it kicks the savory feel pretty good. Damn some refried beans on those and you're solid.

You can swallow your pride and buy some cheapo eggs for your protein as well.

And soyrizo is cheaper than chorizo if you're shopping in the right places.

Maybe get some miso paste and weab up your stomach bacteria to move from a heavy meat habit.

If you're in the U S of A then I would suggest double checking your options and sale prices, certain chicken parts and cheap pork cuts may be of interest for you. Lastly, peanut butter.

Masa*
(Corn flour)

Tofu scramble. I was broke tonight. Spent like 3$ on tofu and mushrooms. Chopped fine, seasoned and sauted. Yum.

IDK where the "meat is expensive" meme came from unless u insist on shopping at whole wallet like a you know what but if you don't want to eat meat sometimes then eggplant is the meat of vegetables

I bought a bag of soy... nuggets? last year and its very convenient if you forgot to buy groceries and want to chew on some protein that isnt glooby mush bloops like tofu or mushrooms

Soak in hot water for 10 minutes (or boil in some broth to infuse some extra taste. Plain its just ...plain and soy-ish) then squeeze out excess liquid and fry it or whatever.

Since its dried, it has near infinite shelf life (1.5 years according to label) and expands a lot in mass and volume (50% protein in dry weight) so even 50g is enough for a meal

Tempeh is nice. Basically it's beans and grains held together by mushroom mycelium. It's way better homemade, by orders of magnitude, but the store-bought stuff is alright. I use them for burgers: marinade the tempeh in rice wine vinegar, tamari, and sriracha, then put in an oiled pan on low-medium heat and cover with a pot lid. This both browns via frying and steams it, both of which improve taste/texture dramatically. After both sides are browned, I spoon on a thicker sauce (e.g., mix a little hoisin with black bean garlic sauce, chili paste, sriracha) and flip, spoon on more, and flip, which makes it very flavorful. Put it on a sandwich or chop it into slices and add to a stir-fry.

The german problem is one post.

Bumping for Seitan. It's like tofu but less shitty.

TVP chunks are the only thing cheaper than meat with a meaty texture which doesn't need much prep.

Seitan can be made very cheaply, but requires a bit of work. The ready made stuff is expensive.

TVP

Third worlders actually have chickens running around the streets.