Stand mixer recipes

Got this KitchenAid mixer for Christmas and I've never owned one before.

What are some good bread and other recipes I can make with this? I'm excited to get started, what's your favourite resources, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/recipes/collections/slideshow/kitchenaid-recipes-stand-mixer
tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-homemade-bread
iheartnaptime.net/homemade-bread/
thestayathomechef.com/the-best-homemade-dinner-rolls-ever/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just treat it like a normal mixer that can stand up to a bit more punishment. Also look into some of the attachments like the pasta ones. Pretty handy and affordable if you already have the mixer.

Bump because I got one also and need ideas. Haven't gotten a chance to start using it, but I plan to get a dough hook attachment and make pizza dough with none of the effort.

Also, what's a good place to get attachments? Was looking on Amazon and it was like $50 for a cheese grating attachment and $100 for a meat grinder, both of which seemed ridiculous.

How do you wind up with a $300 appliance and not know what to do with it?

My sisters found one on Craiglist for $80 and gave it to me as a gift. God forbid anyone go on a cooking forum to ask for recipe ideas.

Ive never had one before so I've never kept a repertoire of recipes that use one.

Why do you ask? Know any good bread recipes?

Got the meat grinder for @ $60 at bed, bath, and beyond a few years ago.

Does it work well? Grinding my own meat for burgers or gyros sounds nice.

Not trying to be rude. They are just so relatively expensive and take up so much space I’d figure you’d have to be an avid baker to invest in one. I only really make bread and pizza dough so I just do it by hand. The pasta and meat grinder attachments would be cool though.
I haven’t either but ba is usually good you guys might find this helpful.

bonappetit.com/recipes/collections/slideshow/kitchenaid-recipes-stand-mixer

Now you can make meringues without your arm falling off.

My mom found one of those at Salvation Army for $15, hardly or never used from what I can tell. Same color too. I make tons of stuff in there. Basic white bread using the dough hook, chocolate cake batter, cookie dough, and more recently pancake batter for Christmas breakfast.

Right on, thanks.

Ive been cooking in restaurants since I was about 16. I'm 30 now and i just never got into baking, mostly because I didn't have a stand mixer... But I'm excited to get into it now that my wife got me one of these. I'm mostly interested in breads, i don't have much of a sweet tooth but ill make cookies and things for others and special occasions.

Sorry, I just naturally assume everyone on Veeky Forums is trying to be a dick at all times.

I started out with this bread recipe before I got a mixer, except I used melted butter instead of canola oil:
tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-homemade-bread

More recently tried this one, and it came out even better and softer:
iheartnaptime.net/homemade-bread/

For dinner rolls, I love these, and there are also some similar cinnamon rolls on this site as well:
thestayathomechef.com/the-best-homemade-dinner-rolls-ever/

I really like the latter recipes for using butter by default instead of vegetable oils, because I absolutely hate vegetable oils (canola included). I don't even keep vegetable oils or shortening in the house.

I mean, I'm all for replacing other oils with butter wherever I can, but what's your go to for high temp cooking? When you don't need flavor and just want a high smoke point canola oil gets the job done cheap.

Also that second recipe looks great, I'm going to have to try that out.

For deep frying (such as when I made donuts), I've used peanut oil, which can still be refined and unhealthy, but it doesn't have the overwhelming plastic taste that vegetable oils do. There are healthier oils that have a high smoke point, but they tend to be more expensive. I believe lard has a pretty high smoke point, but not sure I would use it for anything other than savory fried foods. I also haven't found any good quality lard to try it out with.

Forgot to mention, clarified butter would probably be my go to if I fried all the time and didn't care about cost, but I don't deep fry much anyway.

get the mincer attachment, never buy sausages or ground meat again

Put it in your will first of all because these things will outlive you

tbf ground beef is usually cheaper than buying cheap steak cuts

Because the quality of the meat they use for ground beef is usually shit, even compared to cheap cuts. It wouldn't be that cheap otherwise.