ITT: pleb-tier preparation techniques

Washing your meat is a sign of an ignorant cook

Other urls found in this thread:

fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/washing-food-does-it-promote-food-safety/washing-food
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>washing
>no soap

good one!

Thinking that rinsing a bird is the same as washing and that that is the sign of an ignorant cook is a sign of an ignorant cook. I have no idea what that picture is about, though. Why they fuck would you soak poultry in a sink, and why are there soda bottles?

I've done it before with liver

I just realized the soda bottles are full of ice, but I'm more confused now. Did the fridge die and that's how they're trying to keep the chicken cold? Nasty.

Brining?

Could be, but that's worse. I could at least understand the shitty set up if they were poor and trying to save their food in the case of an equipment failure. This shows forethought and intent was shit.

why is everyone being so pedantic? i think that rinsing meat is stupid because it just spreads bacteria, and that has been confirmed by food safety groups

>pedantic
Shallow, as well

I used washing/rinsing interchangeably, my mistake. I haven't seen anybody 'wash' meat, just rinse, but I have seen people wash greens with bleach and dish soap.

What makes you think that people rinsing meat are doing so in order to remove bacteria?

Yeah I tell ya, my neighbors always raggin' on me to rinse out my chitterlings before I bring em over to share but I swear its tastier with a little bit of filling.

because in a lot of cooking groups i am in i see people talking about how it is necessary to rinse meat in order to remove excess bacteria and how it is 'nasty' if you don't...

I gotta say, aside from chitterlings and other sorts of offal, i am surprised how many people here are so defensive about rinsing meat when it is not recommended.
fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/washing-food-does-it-promote-food-safety/washing-food

I find that astounding. I often rinse poultry, but the primary purpose is because there's often little bits of goober and residue stuff on the bird. Rinsing the skin and patting dry yields a nicer roast.

the soap is right there on the counter, faggot

>in a lot of cooking groups i am in
What kind of "cooking groups" are you in? What is a "cooking group?"

When I was meat, I'm not trying to make it safer. The ribs I buy come in plastic bags like this that often fill up with blood and other juices. I'll rinse the meat to get rid of these juices.

i rinse chicken after cutting it up because it's always covered in bits of gross shit.

What's your point?

Gotta put it in for it to work, faggot.

AI forgot my image.