So I live in rural bumfuck Canada, and I've never had authentic Mexican food before

So I live in rural bumfuck Canada, and I've never had authentic Mexican food before.
Ate at this "authentic" Mexican place while on a business trip and it was delicious, the burritos were way different than anything I've ever had.

Where on the internet can I find good authentic Mexican recipes?
Do any anons have some recipes they wanna share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_0jAerHsjXGLVR_-5CzAqTL-0bhQ88cD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where do you live

Ottawa

you definitely don't since you said rural

where in the valley you cunt

Ottawa you stupid fuck. Prince of Wales is fucking rural.

Probably not authentic

What kind of Mexican? Where did you go to get it? There's enough variation not only in Mexican food but in Americanized Mexican food that the thread needs a few more paremeters.

no it isn't

go to El Camino, Google Mexican recipes after, kys

>implying El Camino is authentic Mexican

BAKA you’re fucking pathetic. Go suck off Trudeau you stupid Ottawa cunt. This is why Toronto shits on you fags.

literally everything you said makes you sound like you'd be first up to be euthanized

Cheap bet is google with 'authentic mexican [blank]"
Refried beans is a good staple to start, tortillas if you want to make your own, etc. Carne asada is pretty simple (meat, marinate, slice thin, cook). Mexican rice is easy and pretty delicious. tamales are basically masa dough (recipe is on the bags of masa even) and some filling wrapped in a corn husk. Flans are also a good one, it's a fairly simple custard but there is a wide variety of things you can add to take the basic flan de leche into whatever.
If you like seafood and really fresh stuff and can get it, baja regional recipes have a lot of good stuff and a well made fish taco I can promise you will lust over.

Ok faggot whatever you say.

Actually, here is a basic one I know off the top of my head, but it's more Salvadorian than Mexican.
Make masa dough (masa harina, water). Roll into small balls, indent into sort of a cup. Fill with quesillo cheese or queso fresco. close up, press flat, toss it in a frying pan for a little to cook and top with curtido.
The alternate is to form the cup shape after cooking and add in chopped chicken, carne asada, cabbage, queso fresco, quesilla, etc. The authentic recipes for the toppings work a lot better than just plain grilled chicken, but it's a simple thing and pretty convenient.

Wow
Just wow
I expect some disturbing mexican food from your place

garlic cilantro sometimes cumin dried peppers onions corn tortillas queso blanco braised meat
beans

>So I live in rural bumfuck Canada, and I've never had authentic Mexican food before.
>Ate at this "authentic" Mexican place while on a business trip and it was delicious, the burritos were way different than anything I've ever had.
>Where on the internet can I find good authentic Mexican recipes?
>Do any anons have some recipes they wanna share
Where was this tasting
Burrito
Meh
Idk
Kinda shit place to start talking about any kind of good mexican food
Kinda like having great italian food in south africa when talking about deep dish pizza
Nothing adds up nicely

Where do you live OP?

>implying that guy was me
I live in the rural atlantic.

I'm an idiot, I didn't have burrito it just looked what my mom back home used to serve as "burritos", I had Tacos al Pastor

Traditional Mexican Food Recipes
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_0jAerHsjXGLVR_-5CzAqTL-0bhQ88cD

Thanks, I almost feared it'd be Jack...

pupusas are definitely not mexican and nobody who doesn't live in an MS-13 controlled neighborhood has any idea what curtido is

The chiles rellenos are great. It is difficult to find good chile rellenos in a restaurant. Most are frozen, soggy.

Yeah OP I got you.

First recipe: the fabled carne Asada taco. It requires multiple recipes to be perfect. First, you need the tortillas. Get tortilla masa if you can and make them from scratch. If it’s unavailable in your area, just get the best corn tortillas you can find. Yellow corn is best. Small tortillas are preferred.

Next, you need the salsa. I recommend “tomatillo salsa”. You get about a dozen tomatillos, some onion, garlic, and your preferred spicy pepper. Dice them and either fry them in some olive oil or bake it in an oven. Then, blend the concoction and add a tiny bit of water until you get the desired texture. Salt to taste.

Next is guacamole. Any recipe will work, it’s hard to fuck up guacamole.

And finally, the meat. Get chuck roll steak and orange juice. Marinate the meat in the juice for a few hours, and then cook the meat on the grill or stove top. Don’t overcook the meat. You want it to be moist.

Dice up the meat and add it to the tortilla. I should add that you want the tortillas to be soft. If you made homemade tortillas, then add the meat as soon as they’re finished. If you bought tortillas, then heat them up just enough to get them hot. Don’t overcook them, you want them soft and pliable. Microwave them if you have to.

Then, add a dash of salsa and guacamole, and some onions/ cilantro if desired.

Next is my recipe for menudo/ pozole. I understand that it’s hard to find tripe in some places, so I’ll make this recipe as universal as possible. Menudo and pozole are extremely similar, with menudo using tripe, and pozole using either chicken or pork.

Ingredients:
>tripe/ chicken/ pork
>big can of enchilada sauce
>can of spicy tomato sauce (not necessary)
>big can of hominy
>onions
>cilantro
>lime
>tortillas
>oregano
>chili pepper flakes (like the shit people put on pizza)
>cabbage (for pozole only)
If you can find tripe, then get about ten pounds and chop it up into cubes, about an inch big. Boil them in a big pot for 4-6 hours. The longer the better. Add in some onion while it’s boiling. If you don’t have tripe, just add whatever meat instead. Shred the chicken instead of cubing it.

After the meat is cooked, add the hominy and enchilada sauce. Let boil for another 45 minutes to an hour. Add the spicy tomato sauce at this time too.

The menudo is now finished.

Heat the tortillas up in the microwave. What I like to do is add some chopped onion, cilantro, salt and lime to the tortilla and roll it up like a cigar. Dip the tortilla into the menudo while eating. It’s a nice compliment to the meal.

Add chopped onion, cilantro, oregano, and chili pepper flakes to your bowl as needed.
Fuck I hope I didn’t forget anything.

I'm mexican and i have a thing for canadians, maybe we can do something about it :) like have a nice talk

Kek
Are you a moron or do you just work in the white house for fun these days

Well you should come up here and start a restaurant, you'd make a killing because there's barely anything there.

Burritos don’t exist in Mexico op. It’s Americanized crap.

bump with a recipe from a mexican girl I was trying to get a date with. eventually she told me she was pregnant so I asked for her grandmas fajita marinade recipe
Pasilla chiles
ancho chiles (I usually just cut the ends off and took out the seeds, I've seen people grind the ground chiles in a coffee grinder too)
onions
oil
cilantro
cumin
few squirts of lime
garlic
I usually put my bell peppers in along with the skirt steak, so they can be really tasty too.
make sure you grill your steak over/on top of charcoal. and also heat up your flour tortillas over the burning coals too, it will make a world of difference
she gave me one for chicken fajitas too, but I lost them. I think it was similar to beef except it had cinnamon added

>Autentic
Burritos
Meme american food, that’s what you got
If you want to know mexican cooking then you need to know Spanish. Watch “Tu Cocina” by Yuri de Gortari.