What kind of pans do they use in restaurants...

What kind of pans do they use in restaurants? I kinda want a pan that I can beat the shit out of and it'll still be good. Any recs?

I dunno but a good cast iron will last you several generations

I actually use one that my aunt gave me and it's still great

I kinda wanted just basic steel or something

carbon steel is nice. if you want something less finicky than get a restaurant supply saute pan, vollrath or the like.

Most of the pans I've used in restaurants are cheap aluminum from a restaurant supply store. They can take a beating, but are also dirt cheap, so easy to replace. I'd honestly recommend something nicer for home use. That's the honest truth. It's the industrial grade stoves and ovens that make cooking in a restaurant so much different than home cooking, not the pans.

At the kitchen i work in we use all sorts of different pans depending on what we're cooking.

Eggs, fish, anything sticky like caramel etc.. we use good thick non-stick pans, last about 3 years before we throw them and get new ones.

Anything that needs seared we use plain carbon steel pans, don't even have a brand name on them so i don't know who makes them but they work well.

Stainless steel stock-pots for anything acidic like tomato based sauces or soups etc..

Plain aluminium pots for boiling pasta, potatoes and all that kind of stuff, plus loads of plain and non-stick baking sheets. Our roasting trays are aluminium and stainless.

Never found any use for a normal cast iron pan at work desu, they take an age to heat up and are too fragile.

I use the non-stick pans we get from the supply store myself at home and they're better than what you get in a normal store, cost about $20-$30 a pan depending on size.

I genuinely hate people who use non-stick cookware.

What's your pan of choice.

Just get a good carbon steel pan, season it well and you can use it for pretty much anything.
Don't bother with no stick or cast iron.

Stainless steel is my all round goto pan of choice.

Aluminium causes Alzheimers, cast iron is a meme, and non-stick surfaces are quite literally poisonous.

>pretty much anything.
>pretty much
Or get stainless and you can use it for everything.

Not good for searing tho

sure it is

Because you’re an angry tard. Keep your beak out of people’s business, tard.

carbon steel or just regular steel pans. most versatile, enduring and reliable. obviously they have a variety though, what's good for sauce isn't necessarily good for steak, but steel is the baseline for a good professional kitchen.

Name one way a carbon steel pan is less versatile than a stainless one

making a gastrique

Why make that in a pan? don't you have a pot?

sucs...
saute duck breast
drain fat
deglaze with a bit of water
add sugar
add vinegar

Oh you can't do that with your pansy seasoned pan?
Switch to stainless and you can.

my nonstick is some cheapo pan from a restaurant supply store. i spent maybe 25 bucks on it and it's holding up well. i don't see the point in spending a ton on cookware desu.

Where i work we use just vogue carbon steel pans and stainless steel pots from some other restaurant supply brand (genware i think). Just check nisbets and buy the cheapest in the material and type of pan you want. Welds>rivets but it's not crucial. All metal is important, no plastic handle, no teflon, no silicone memes, just all metal.

My whole set is stainless steel (+1 cast iron).
They can cook anything at any temp and can go from stovetop to oven
You can use metal utensils in them, they dont give a fuck.
I keep a box of soap pads (steel wool infused with soap) under my sink to give them a quick scrub if anything sticks but not much does because im not tarded.

Not the best but its good