Al/ck/oholic Thread

I swear I'll stay sober tomorrow edition

Other urls found in this thread:

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#al/ck/&server=irc.rizon.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last thread was deleted halfway through. Fuck that noise. See

So monster energy gets to have a literal shill general up 24/7 and the jannies single us out? Fucking scumbags.

Who cares. Move to 8.

Mods are deleting these now? Fucking why?

No idea. Don’t care. Veeky Forums is normie shit anyway. Keep the community alive elsewhere

Absolutely ridiculous if so. These threads have been part of the board culture for fucking years.

Americans either don't care about or don't understand culture except their own "culture".

But any mod that becomes a mod becomes one for a board which they've been a part of, right?
What kind of faggot has been posting on Veeky Forums and has an issue with these threads?
Delete them and there's just going to be a new one made every half an hour along with the al/ck/ posts spilling into other threads.
It's pointless and stupid.

They were bitching about mods deleting their threads recently as well.

they've been deleted before, every time the janny wakes up from his hotpocket coma and happens to see one

mods are not bound to boards that's actually not how it works

Then the process is counter productive.

Agreed. Each board should have it's own mods. This board should have it's own morbidly obese, Hot Pocket connoisseurs. Turbo autists at /b/, etc.

Drinking beer lads, tomorrow is my bday

Its probably the sip faggots mass reporting the threads.

Faggots will be faggots

You don't post about food of cooking you're just a bunch of pathetic whiny faggots blogging. Please kill yourselves

Happy birthday alcky. I'd join you but I puked 6 times yesterday for some odd reason. I don't think I could handle it. On the other hand, it might be the best thing to happen to me in a while.

Down to 6-8 8% beers a day.
Enough to catch a buzz
Not enough to catch any sickness, and I can still eat and cook.

Made Beef Roast with Mushrooms, Carrots, Onions, Potatoes, and bell pepper.
First time I have had the strength to really make something.
Now I have roast to eat on for days.

I left /co/ because of biased af mods but it seems like this shit is happening all over Veeky Forums. NO BOARD IS SAFE.

You act like having a bunch of basement dwelling mega autists dictating the pace and scope of conversation is a bad thing.

>I left /co/ because of biased af mods
How the fuck long ago did you leave? Mods these days are more reasonable.

>NO BOARD IS SAFE.
Now I know you're new here. This site was a fucking nightmare in it's early years.

Left /co/ yesterday. No discussion allowed unless it's waifu/fetish/capefag/tv threads. Neil Gaiman thread last night got nuked on-site with only one reply. Looney Tunes gets people banned for furry. Questions that generate heated discussion but on-topic discussion nonetheless get banned. Satire gets you banned. Etc.

Sober since Jan 1st. Let's keep it rolling everybody. I won't drink with you today.

Alcoholism is rampant in the food industry. Filter the damn thread.

God damn whisky shits. I drank a fifth of jim beam, 5beers, and ate am unhealthy amount of hot wings last night.

Rip anus

I enjoy whiskey shits after some spicy food. Feels like some good prostate teasing.

Ive been taking 20 mg diazepam à day for years. I try to taper but even à 5% cut is unbearable.

Ive stopped booze and codeine cold turkey, but I cant taper benzos.

What do?

Dude that doesn't make sense. There have been alck threads here for years. I would know.

Go to a doctor or go to jail to dry out.
Benzo withdrawal is hardcore.
Or you can try shaving off part of the pill day by day.
I had a friend who was on 4mg of Xanax a day and kicked it down to 0.5mg a day because he would take a razor blade and shave more and more off his pills every day.
Then he would only need 1 and 2/3's of a bar and then a few weeks later he could function with just 1 and a half bars.

Tapering works different for everyone and there is no set science that works for all.
Try googling different methods to see if anything works for you.

All I have left is homebrew raspberry beer.

My doc proposed a 10% cut. This didnt work. Im terrified.

Ask to be swapped to a different benzo.
Maybe a dose of ativan twice a day.
Sometimes being on a different one can help you quit. You maybe have a benzo tolerance but more specifically you have a physical dependancy on valium.
Maybe while your body detoxs from valium you can supplement with Ativan.
Just stay away from Klonopin and Xanax because they are even tougher to kick.

But ativan is more potent and harder to split?

I never said a large dose of ativan, I just said ask your doctor about possibly using his judgment on a dose twice a day.

Curious though, what are your symptoms during the 10% cut?
Just restlessness and anxiety? or something more?

>also
Here's an equivalency chart.
All benzos have an equivalent dose, even if they feel slightly different.

AS you see Diazepam has the Highest Half-life of any normal benzo.

Meaning it stays in your system longer than ANY other one.
30-200 hours for a half-life is crazy.

Since you have been on it for years then it is closer to 200hours before it is half-way metabolised out of your system.
So swapping to a different easier to metabolise benzo while you detox the valium might help.

So in short it can take up to 400 hours for valium to leave your system completely if you are on it for years.

If they had the courage to kill themselves they wouldn't be alcoholics.

t. gnomebro
Street-level benzo dealer for a while, had to make sure my addicts didnt od or go mad on me.
Have to learn all this shit to help them or they make unreliable customers.

havent drank since my son was born monday night, bought a vape pen and some shatter to take the edge off tho

I finally found the secret to buying poverty wine that doesn't destroy my palate and.l body: buy imports from the parts of Portugal, Spain, and Italy that count as third world tier

Wtf I love wine now

Only had a few drinks this week. Going to drink this weekend though. I’ve been cutting back on alcohol to lose weight

>he said, while whining and not talking about food or cooking

Good job. You must be over the worst of it by now I take it?

Happy birthday, man. Let's hope the next year is better, yeah?

You've obviously never worked in the industry, and even beyond that don't understand that it's integral to food culture in its entirety

Wanna know why they are called Line Cooks?

Because they are probably felons too busy doing lines in the coolers instead of working.

>move to italy
>get 5 litres of good red for 8.5 euros

livin the dream man

>Looney Tunes gets people banned for furry

But out of a kitchen of lets say 6 people
2 of them are alcoholics
both of those are drug addicts + 1-2 more.

There is not a sober person working in a kitchen.

user you need to go to a doctor and find an alternative, one does not simply "stop" benzos

Good lucky buddy, it's gonna be rough

took some clonazepam to hopefully help with withdrawals. managed to eat a bit though so thats good.

>tfw just ran out of my clonazepam

chefs are notorious wreckheads

normally on the booze at 10 and smashing lines of coke by 1

Please keep the faith user, it's bigger than you now

crazy doctor gave me 50 pills like a year ago, down to about 10. worry that i'll run out so try to conserve them.

Gimme dat

Thats what I was trying to tell em.

it's the dream man

i can get a 3 course dinner with unlimited wine for 11-12 euros

>tfw my first boss at a shit restaurant was a cokehead bordering on stimulant psychosis half the time

People do not fully realize the dangers involved in working around knives and hot objects

Yeah but that also entails moving to what I assume is Southern Italy

yeah, I live about 2hrs south of Naples. It's gorgeous and safe tho.

Avoid Naples like the fucking plague and Salerno is like babys first Naples so avoid that too

An acquaintance of mine got so addicted that he would take fucking brain deletion doses of whatever unregulated RC benzo his methhead dealer would eyeball for him every day in a gummy, I would never wish anything of that likes on anyone

And he has nothing but vague memories of that entire year I bet.

He actually kept it up for years, he has permanent and untreatable neuropathy now the absolute madman. I swear this man has Ozzy Osbourne -level great genes, how is he alive even

Are you using a French autocorrect or something? Where do these à instead of a come from?
Also taper is the only solution, so you'll have to do it under medical supervision. Inpatient detox will help.

Oh yeah benzo withdrawal is hell, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The waking nightmares, the rebound anxiety. I used to be prescribed it before I even started drinking but I'll never take another Xanax as long as I live, wish I never had in the first place.

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#al/ck/&server=irc.rizon.net

join our alcy community

no

it's fun dude, helpful and also resourceful

Restlesness, anxiety, RLS and depressuion

Who here poor as dirt
Weekends I try and gather change around local parking lots, nab two of these

Yes French autocorrect. Inpatient is only for quick tapers, which is not recommended in my case.

I only visit this website and chess. cum
And sometimes I research random topics.

Idgaf about your random alck irc chat.
Count me out.

Withdraws were hell, but im finally off the devils water. Felt like I was having a stroke everyday for a month while tapering, but i finally did it.

I can do it. You can do it too guys.

They can also do longer tapers, maybe not everywhere though. Montevideo near Paris does.
Also try adding a second language in the options of the spell check/autocorrect/keyboard and a button to switch near the keyboard (I can on android).

sorry dude, i''ll get off your website

Well done user, don't ever let your brain trick you into thinking the wds weren't that bad. The next step is finding something to fill the void.

Montevideo is super pricey.

>tfw basically permanently on benzos

Start taking them for chronic anxiety, then you're on a shitload, then a year and a half later you start to realize that permanent retrograde amnesia is a thing and that you actually can't "just stop" or the withdrawals could literally kill you.

It's not great desu

No, its not great. Im terrified desu.

It used to be private and super expensive, now they're mostly public and can help you get an insurance that pays for it. (Unless it changed again.)
As AP-HP, Cochin, has a limit of 2 weeks before sending to another hospital, but I may be wrong. Fernand-Widal is large and had addicts of move various drugs, so they may treat diazepam addiction.

Ok thanks I only knew Marmottan which does 2 weeks which is not enough. You have personal experience with Cochin or Fernand Vidal?

I drank like a fish with 0 consequences since my early 20s but now that I'm 34 I can barely drink a 6 pack of high abv beer without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack the next day, can't even drink liquor anymore, I feel like I'll literally die

Welp, i'm starting to feel better after a week long withdrawal. I finished a 1.75L bottle of whiskey and 4 cases of natty daddy in about 3-4 days. Can't really remember.

I'm 6'2 and 130 pounds and have never felt that shitty before from hangover/WDs. Managed to convince my family that I had the flu since its going around

Has anyone had a booze dry out take 5 days, and have I done any permanent damage? My kidneys and liver feel like I went ten rounds with Tyson.

When your back starts aching all the time, your feet go numb and you piss on your feet regularly, you've realized you've reached your 40s.

Ok I know about the equivalence chart, but whats the point of switching to Ativan?

>This thread has been pruned or deleted

I've had my hands and feet go numb a number of times, don't even get me started on how much work I've missed because I couldn't stop shaking

drunkchan when?

There's an alcohol board on 420chan.

Yeah, but the user base is kind of slow
Also I love you guys, talking to strangers is scary

The last time I ever drank it took like a week before I felt normal.

>have I done any permanent damage?

I dunno, maybe. So what if you have? When you were drinking you didn't care, so what's the use caring now? No erasies here.

>have I done any permanent damage
Dunno. The body is pretty good at healing.

youre a bit late to the party

thats what happens to everyone.

this latest wd for me has taken longer than usual. about 5 days id say. they keep getting worse too.

welp. Liver's enlarged and enzyme levels are through the roof. Officially have to stop drinking before I destroy it for good.
Wish me luck.

18 days sober on keto and lost some weight.

Gonna have a few drinks at trivia tonight and see how it goes.

what should i do to occupy my time withput destroying my social life?? am drunk as fuck

Think minor alcys can ever learn moderation? AA always teaches that total sobriety thing but I'm so bored guys. Gonna try and moderate. We'll see.

Go on chatroullette. It's dumb as fuck but you can be as stupid as you want and it won't matter. I've actually had some great convos on there.

It's possible if you're not an idiot. The reason AA advocates total sobriety is because most people aren't smart enough to not fall right back into habitual binge drinking.