What did Veeky Forums eat today?

Cornish pasty it was for me

What part of Cornia you from mate?

the corny one

I made udon with egg and veggies

my knife shattered trying to chop an onion. I almost died and am currently bleeding out.

I'm not very good at cooking, I've never been to Veeky Forums and I know like one or two recipes. Please be gentle

Never could get into pasties. Too meaty and tasteless.

4 strips of barely cooked, chewy bacon, 3 eggs over easy, 2 pieces of toast, a glass of orange juice and 2 cups of coffee. Ate it all while watching 2 episodes of the Amazing Race. Comfy morning thus far.

The part where the rhine flows
Start with actual beginner recipes. Go get a beginners cookbook and work your way through it. Try a lentil stew for example
I feel you. I tried them because saturday is dumpling day for me, it will be quite some time until i make them again instead of Maultaschen which ive perfectioned

Mine did get some more love than salt and pepper though

bought a vegan BLT out of curiosity
it was OK.
the 'mayo' was surprisingly decent
the 'bacon' had little texture, and tasted of frazzles
i even had a burp later on and could taste it, just like frazzles
at least the bread wasn't gluten free

Why did you eat vegan if you arent a vegan
What did you swallow it down with
Also
Why does one go out to eat a blt

I have like a 30-40+ year old betty crocker book from my mom, lol.

I do enjoy cooking, hopefully I get better this year.

i was in town and i saw it in 'infinity foods' which is bit like a wholefoods.
i was hungry, so i bought it.
that's about it really. i also bought a big slice of olive focaccia from their bakery, but i'm saving it for later

Well, apparentally you come from cooking spray-and-grass-fed-cowsTM(C)-istan so dont be sad that you cant cook. Little hint for you: After cooking everyday for myself for one year i could cook well
Also: Do you eat out everyday? Or do you buy processed stuff ready to heat? Does mummy maybe cook for you? Whatever it is, go get some r e a l beginners cookbook and work your way through it, you wont learn cooking by dumping carrots and peas to boiled noodles and slapping an egg on top of that

I wish you best of appetite for that, is it so good that it has to be eaten on its own or will you top it with something?

Two pork breakfast sausages, a bit of bacon, some cubed roasted potatoes, a small bowl of cubed watermelon and a black coffee.

Drink something

oh i will just eat it on it's own
it's looking nice and oily in it's brown paper bag

Enjoy it.

I use to eat out a lot, not anymore. But yeah, it's mostly processed stuff or nonsense like PB sandwiches. I know how to make like, mom's spaghetti meat sauce, you know?

At any rate, thanks for the advice. Also, I didn't boil the noodles. I bet you feel foolish for being so assumptive!

leftover fabada asturiana

What is this

leftover fabada asturiana

I am making borscht like I said I was gonna do last night. I got pics of the cooking process. I was gonna post 'em when it's done tho if you guys wanna see.

Then do so

shit that's making me hungry

Grilled roast beef sandwich.

Some beef soup later on.

Chicken and peppers.

And lasagna.

its faba beans, morcilla, chorizo, pork belly, onion which has been stewed with saffron and sweet paprika

Some split pea soup with smoked turkey.

Pretty good, not worth a picture though seeing as it looks like some Gerber baby food.

sounds good, but doesnt the saffron make this very expensive?
everything tasting good is worth a picture

its only a pinch of saffron, and the beans actually make this very expensive.
!7 dollars for those beans. Turns out you need a very specific type of bean to make this dish.
This dish is only cheap if you live in spain. I ended up committing to making the meal because i had already bought the meat before i got the beans.

So yeah this is a good dish, but dont make this unless you can get cheap beans.

1 for breakfast, 1 for dinner.

Sundried tomato paste hiding in there too.

a bag of doritos

Made some enchiladas.

cornishman here and hahahahaha is that fuck a cornish pasty!!
what on earth is that abomination

you obviously arent cornish boy

Just woke up. Gunna have last nights burritos for breakfast. Breakfast burrito has a nice ring to it.

An aeropress of gasoline alley "premium house blend" coffee (19g coffee to 210g water), supremes of blood orange, 29g of whey protein isolate mixed with filtered tap water, an extra strength bronkaid, 5g creatine monohydrate, an "epic" brand elk jerky strip, a poppy seed bagel, toasted, with 1 tin of "matiz" brand sardinillas with piquillo pepper (oil drained off), 150g of goat gouda, a "hayes valley" espresso at Blue Bottle with a shot glass of "illegally occupied palestinian apartheid factory" brand sparkling water, and approximately 64oz of water

First time actually cooking for myself, made steak au poivre. It was pretty good, but I set my dorm's fire alarms off halfway through and had to stop, making it a little more rare than I usually like, so I didn't end up eating it all.

Are you a fellow Brightoner ?

looks delicious
you could use better lighting and you should take a cross section of the steak

I just had some fried chicken liver and grape jelly on corn bread

Breakfast - Brown soda bread buttered with cheddar cheese + Tea
Lunch - Muesli with natural yogurt + Tea
Snack - Brown soda bread buttered with cheddar cheese, peanuts, a packet of crisps + Coffee
Dinner - Braised steak, mashed potato, green beans, carrots, gravy + water
Dessert - Skittles + Tea
Snack - 1/4 of a lemon

Rate?

Sear wasn't as good as It could have been but it still ended up good and flavorful.

Still getting a feel for my stoves heat at my new apartment, and the steak as on the thinner side.

halupki, or what you morons called stuffed cabbage

I made nikujaga but I fucked up and put the wrong kind of yam noodles in it and I also put too many of the wrong kind of yam noodles so now instead of a nice beef and potato stew in a nice savory both I have nice beef and potato stew suspended in transparent broth colored noodle bits.

It doesn't taste bad but the noodle bits are just wrong.

Chicken Tikka tacos

Nice. I'd eat this Pajeet

A meal for just 130 mexican pesos

Es una sopa pendejo. Tiene salchicha y vegetales

What an absolute mutt abortion of cultural cuisine. Disgusting hipster shit at best.

t. someone dating an actual mexicunt

El mole te quedo demasiado seco. Your mole is so dry. Mole its a liquid salsa not the shit that u made

Tortilma is ok, but too mich fillongs poofag. Aprende a no arruinar los tacos.

How can I improve my searing, never seems to be dark enough to pass muster. Currently i'm using sea salt and garlic pepper from grinders, unsalted butter, avocado oil ( was a suggestion due to the higher smoke point )

And if I sear any darker then this I end up going medijm+well or better.

Could it be an issue of an older gas stove like what my apartment has just not being able to get hot enough?

I'm annoyed with being told my steaks are so shit any time I post in one of these threads.

I would eat the fuck out of that user.
Is it med-rare? Does it taste great?
If so fuck the haters and enjoy your winning at life.

The left side is medium rare, but the right ended up medium maybe even a touch to the well... my fault tho the cuts pretty uneven and thems the breaks.

I'm still eager for advice tho, my family was seriously fucked when it came to cooking when I was younger because my dad was an awful cook. And I've made a vow to myself to not be shit in the kitchen.

Years ago I would have cooked my steak on a fucking foreman grill and drenched it in A1, and I'm trying to claw my way up from the plebian pits to have good presentation.

Shit meat

its chain store bought, won't lie. I didn't want to obliterate better meat until I've got a deceent handle for sear.

Would better cuts produce that much of a better sear?

Yes, also use meat tenderizers plus juice lime

Do you remove moisture? Blot with paper towel or something to remove moisture before searing.

Don't want to boil the outside of the steak.

I made this thing. Kind of chicken parmesan in a sandwich. I know it looks sloppy as hell but it's supposed to be like a bar food.

I do use paper towels to make sure the meat is dry, generally I dry then salt/pepper and let it hang out 40 or so before cooking.

Maybe you'll get better at investing also

So if you blot, then add salt, you'll draw out more moisture to the surface. You'll need to blot again. Blot first, then add seasoning right before cooking.

Footlong sub italien
half gallon tea with lemon (unsweet)
9 sweet potatoes
1 donut
1 big bowl of bean soup
1 cup of lemonade
and a bunch of water

Ok, thanks for the advice. This is kinda a weekend project so I'll hit the store tomorrow and do another couple steaks.

If I die of beef poisoning just know I did it trying not to be shit at steak.

No problemo! You got the idea right, just change the order around:

1) Remove from cold and let sit for like 20mins
2) Blot both sides with paper towel
3) Season, then immediately cook

Salt draws moisture out, so it's best to season right before cooking.

>so I didn't end up eating it all.
nice waste of a decent steak

Wait up a second, is that wholemeal pastry?
Ain't no proper tiggy oggy with wholemeal pastry.

Gołąbki, kurwa

Breakfast in Colima, Mexico

Fuck u wasteloving retard.
Any feedback about my pancake?

I did. A black coffee.

Remeber to post back results

Why not very cold chocolate?

Made this Wednesday. I don't know how to plate.

Looks like a bierock to me

Is a small chicken?

Step 1 in plating is to remove hairs from the food.

Looks pretty tasty though.

Cornish game hen

Didn’t expect my dad to come tonight. The chicken titties were meant to made into tendies (my guilty pleasure).
Made a random sauce with Old Bay Spices and fresh cream, added a bit of grana panado.

Try adding a *SMALL* amount of baking soda, it promotes browning.

Black eyed peas, greens, cornbread

Would explain his blatant homosexually

>not making tendies for you father

looks good though