Al/ck/ thread

continued from post your taper, withdrawal, or drunk situations

>currently done with taper. had one beer last night, two beers the day before, 4 the day before that. after a 5 day beer binge where i drank about 100 beers.

still a bit off and last night i didnt sleep well. but the killer anxiety is gone and for that i am very grateful. now its back to everyday monotony. i know its better than alcoholism, i just have to deal with life as it is or suffer again. good luck to you all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrEd2vCOCWo
youtube.com/watch?v=hlWTASnnft4
youtube.com/watch?v=vKmQckxC1bg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>7am
>finished a few high abv beers
>now on to two bottles of red wine
>hoping to have them finished by lunch time
>going to cook up a storm
>then play some nintendo while I ride the buzz

>3 PM
>just waking up
>wasted whole day and have classwork to do which is due tomorrow
yay

>tfw i just had some thicc oven baked chicken legs with garlic and rosemary with my wine

brehs

I unironically can't stand being sober.
But anyway, currently /sip/ping some Yukon Jack out of the bottle and listening to some comfy Irish folk music:
youtube.com/watch?v=lrEd2vCOCWo

i like the Jay-Z remix

Dubliners are the best youtube.com/watch?v=hlWTASnnft4

I am a about 2 months off alcohol, with only a few slips. I have, however, been 420 blazing it pretty much all day every day. It started out ok, but I am starting to miss the comfy buzz of my vodka. It’s just not the same.

Been listening to music most of the afternoon and I think I've cried like 4 or 5 times at least.

why cry?

only time i can cry is when drunk. then i cry like a baby. unfortunate really.

I cry because I'm feeling it and I'm enjoying myself and appreciating how good some art is, ironically.
Don't fucking answer to my post.

There was a better way to phrase that, I mean I am pretty drunk.
I listen to a lot of 20th century music and while it means so much to me I know it's going to disappear inside the crowd of most younger people. I'm 28.

Who here /OutOfAlcoholAndGFDoesn'tWantYouToDrinkSoYouCan'tLeaveTheHouseToGetMoreUntilShe'sAtWorkMonday/

First Dubliners song I have ever listened to.
Here's another great one:
youtube.com/watch?v=vKmQckxC1bg

Haha you sound pathetic. Don't let your girlfriend control you.

Literally me my man. I had to wait until she left for work this morning (works irregular hours). She gets back later tonight so that's plenty of time to get hammered then clean the house and sober up.

Let’s try this again.

what went wrong ?

Heroin and butane merely got me very high. ‘Came to’ on the floor.

Well I'm jobless and she could easily kick me out. So...
Pic related

Thumbnail looks like a pilots helmet.

Are you still here?

I actually thought it was a pilot's helmet too, close up. Might be literally retarded

friend of mine went to jail for the night then had a bunch of community service for beating up her bf when he tried to go get more booze, they have kids together so i guess that changes things

Nigga I told you that was a stupid fucking plan

Best cheapest whiskeys?

Pic related is only $20 and has a pretty decent flavor for the price. I usually finish two in a week and am pretty satisfied

How do I train myself to like whisky?

>get a strainer
>get a blunt pencil
>sharpen the pencil and put the shavings in the strainer
>pour mentholated spirits through the strainer
>enjoy

ones that dont advertise much are usually better imo

>2 days sober
>Cleaned entire apartment
>Bought groceries
>Finally set up gpu-passthrough so I can play gaems on loonix
>Went out and got extra kbm
>Did next 4 assignments for cs class
What the actual fuck do people with all their time? I can't fucking zone out and veg sober, I've run out of shit to do. Normally I'd say "Okay I've done what needed to be done today, time to get drunk" but can't do that anymore.
I'm just up until fucking 3am and wake up at 9am now and time is crawling so slowly

Use that new energy to do something beautiful with your life. Normies would be envious with their lack of motivation. If we stop doing shit for a second we're back on the road to death.

>that comfy feeling when you're at home and have plenty of booze to tide you over for the night

Nice.

start sipping it everyday out of a glass and lean to enjoy the bite

you'll get your zone out ability back
some of my weirdest/best moments in sobriety have been where i basically did my drunk activities (Veeky Forums, movies, etc) sober and enjoyed them just as much. this was like 6 months into sobriety
i would stop myself and be like...whoa...im actually chillin out

Not him, but I'm fucking bored dude. "Do something beautiful with your life" sounds retarded, actually say that to yourself out loud. I don't care what kind of life I lead, but this is getting ridiculous, I'm going through something like a book and a half a day.

I was already doing that though, and I can only do so much shit before I'm stuck waiting

normies just watch a bunch of tv/netflix or go out with their friends/gfs

I know a bunch of normies who have full time jobs and pay rent, live away from home etc. They all play videogames in their downtime.

>company I work at has a no-gambling policy
>everyone in cubicles around me constantly trades bitcoin throughout the day
>it interrupts my work by them being loud wannabes
>my manager also does this
Not sure if I should save this information for blackmail (get IT to show their logs) or report it.

rip

So why do you come here for advice on that? Why don't you just leave them alone?

leave them alone
besides with the fees for exchanging btc to cash and back they're probably losing a ton

I'm a functioning al/ck/ but this shit grinds my gears. If I can't drink on the job, why are employees allowed to gamble and perform poorly?

Social stigma.

I showed up to work this morning still drunk from last night. I drank Turkey 101 Manhattans until I ran out than wine until I passed out. The moment I got off I went to a bar and have been there for 2hours drinking high ABV Barley Wine.

might want to reign that in a bit

>Polish off a handle of whiskey 1.75l
>and 3 cases of natty daddy
>all in the span of like 3-4 days

I was hungover/WD for like 5 days straight. Tried to convince my wife I had the flu since its giong around, but I think she knew. Anyway, told her I was gonna order a pizza for us tonight, and asked if the place also had 6 packs

And my wife brought out the last case of natty I thought that I drank

So now it begins

thats a fucking LOT of booze.

Anyone ever get like "hallucinations" after going particularly hard the night before? Like I used to basically see smoke rising from the bottom of my visual field

Forgot to mention, these were the blister packs that only have 12 in them, so 36 natty 8%s overall, not 3 30 racks. That would have been a little much, even for me

I'm 6'2 135 btw so 90 8% beers would have been what people on drug forums would have called a "heroic" dose or whatever they do

>6'2" and 135
Hey man I found a pic of you

What's the point. My life sucks, I strive for things and yet nothing ever comes from them. I'll probably be a shitty wage-slave until I die.

thats many people. the reason i say you may want to reign it in is so you dont lose your job or get physically dependent on alcohol. both of which would make your life worse than it is right now. if you can maintain a happy medium and booze it up often without bad consequences, then by all means.

oh that sounds more realistic. still a lot of booze. 5 day withdrawal is AWFUL. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

Not him, but that will be tomorrow.
>did a taper
>didn't work
>drink drink drink
>literally have to stop drinking tomorrow
>'ok lol'
It'll be a wild ride.

>middle right abdomen pain
>21yo and only been binging somewhat hard the past year and a half

could this be liver damage, or is it in my head?

I'd get my prostate checked.

Are you fat?

I'll ask my doctor when I next see him

Na, like 145lbs

taper works but its never going to be comfortable unless you use benzos. a beer taper keeps the shakes and sweats away but doesnt do hardly anything for the anxiety. you just have to tough it out. but like i said you wont be sweating and shaking much. what prevented your taper from working?

Dehydration user. Drink some water help your kidneys.

That would have been prefereable to withdrawal

>Wake up
>abdominal pain
>kidneys, liver
>tongue looks like i got roadrash
>throat feels like I deepthroated a cactus
>piss is dark orange
>puke so hard I can't even keep down water
>shakes, which I never get
>anxiety
>legs are weak
>ANXIETY
>pupils are bloodshot but not yellow
>physically can't eat for 4 days

I'm probably forgetting some but that was bad

>what prevented your taper from working?
I just didn't want to taper. When I wasn't under any supervision I went back to full blown al/ck/. Deep down I wanted to cut this shit out, but I guess I'm weak minded?

Anyway legally, as of tomorrow for my case, I need to be sober. Looking forward to the challenge.

Tell HR you are a gambling addict in recovery and are triggered by crypto currency.
As says, gambling addiction will be better understood than drinking yourself to death.
Hopefully.

dunno if youre weak minded. most of us keep going back. i dunno what it is. anyway keep a close eye on your health if you start to escalate its time for medical help if you cant drink

Been drinking wine (home brewed stock) the past few days and went out for the first time of 2018 to get some beer because why not. 12 pack of Heineken and a beef stick... $26...

When the fuck did beer get so expensive? This is thievery.

had all that recently. just came out of it. took about 5 days of tapering. longest ever. this keeps getting worse every time. hear people on here talk about how much water it takes to get hydrated. felt like it was never enough.

i could handle all the other shit but the anxiety is really what is starting to make it impossible

you probably bought it at a gas station. their markup is the highest

I did.

I think I puke every time I'm even mildly hungover. Is there a way to keep from puking when hungover? I worry about my esophagus and my gums/teeth.

Its called PAWS, means your withdrawal gets worse and worse

Interestingly enough, i'm KOTH poster and just drank two beers and i'm pretty buzzed off that. Its like a hideous withdrawal is a hard reset for your tolerence. Either that, or my organs or failing

Peach shine tonight

3 weeks sober brehs haven't touched the stuff since New Years. Ran 3 miles in 24 minutes and benched 225 3x5 at the gym, We're all gonna make it

i mean there are prescription drugs that are anti-nausea but other than that...

thats awesome. glad to hear it.

Eat ginger the next day

peach puree in there?

youll be back

Not sure. It’s tasty though and strong as hell

not for a few months. i need to get in shape for basic training and can't get in any legal trouble before i ship out, that means 0 booze

You think pickled ginger would be ok? I don't like raw ginger or ginger tea.

Yeah. Thatd be fine

Lemons help with nausea too. Maybe some homemade lemonade

man, besides being in physical shape id say what is even more important is being ok with very little sleep.

do yourself a favor and set your alarm clock for like 3 am. go to bed around 10 pm every night and wake up at 3 am for a week. exercise from like 315 am - 3:45 am then shower and change then eat breakfast. that will be your morning routing in basic.

All riiiight. The perfect excuse to have pickled ginger in my house at all times.

Thanks that's a good idea.

made it 77 days before falling off the wagon again, i'm honestly impressed with myself

that is great. if you did it once you could do it again

>77 days
>mfw can't even make it 4 days
You did good, user.

be creative. it's what separates humans from animals. mak music or art. it calms me down.

thanks anons. i purchased a nice bottle of scotch (and a not-as-nice bottle of irish whiskey) to celebrate. may as well buy something decent while i can still afford to.

currently experiencing peat ambivalence

what kind of irish whiskey?

tullamore dew. it's not my cup of tea, but it's pretty good for the price point

I'm a recent soberfag sitting in my room at 9:30pm Saturday night.

I feel like I should be drinking...

What are ways you guys keep yourselves occupied, and hands off the booze?

iktf
currently watching a marky mark movie

no homo but i took a long hot bath tonight listening to chill music with candles on then ate a giant five guys meal and smoked a cig, not great but was sober

it's still all shit anyway

being in school helps me. stuff to do is the name of the game. a steady job helps. free time where you are confused and bored and whatever just leads to falling back on the old habit of drinking.

>get sucked into interesting wikipedia articles
>stumbleupon
>online chess
>comedy television
>eat

those are my effective go-tos

Are you guys actually alcoholics or are you guys just larping?