Ask a grocery store security guard anything

ask a grocery store security guard anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qClBRaretEk
youtu.be/LQmm81aWPiI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Compared to how you imagined your life would be, are you doing better, about the same, or worse than you expected when you were a kid?

If better or worse, in 25 words or less, explain why.

What's the stupidest thing you've had to write paperwork for?

currently, im doing ok. this is just an "in between" job while i wait to move to college next month. 2 years ago i was too fucked mentally to even set foot in a grocery store without panic, so i guess im doing better.
i dunno what the fuck i was thinking as a kid. i think i wanted to be a spaceman or some shit

i had to write up an incident report on one of my friends once, i was guarding the carpark on nightshift and he was drunk and came and banged on the fence and scared the shit out of the night stockers. i ended up writing a vague description of him just to cover my ass

How much do you I actually give a shit if someone shoplifts?

Is it a mom & pop or a chain?

why choose the worst security job imaginable? i've done retail loss prevention. pure fucking hell.

why not take a graveyard shift guarding an empty office building or parking lot? laze around listening to podcasts and shitposting on your phone all night.

i care about shoplifting but only because it makes my shift go faster if i get to confront people.
its a chain store in new zealand

it wasen't choice, just happened to be the only job i could get as a student with no past experience. i sometimes get to do nightshifts where i just sit in my car and "watch" the stores carpark. absolute comfy tier.

I've literally never seen a "grocery store security guard" in my life even when I lived in a big mega-city so I'm assuming you must live in some absolutely backwards ghetto like Detroit

How fat are you, cuzzy bro

Can you count to 10?

WITHOUT using your fingers?

pretty slim, i wish i was still fat that'd help me step out the maori's stealing my fuckin raro
yeah but i dont know my left and right

A friend of mine owns a security guard company and he does security for a few asian groceries. He said his guards aren't authorized to apprehend shoplifters due to liability issues.

We have a "hands off policy" so by confront I mean i approach and say something like "bro why's there steak down your pants"

Not OP, but i'm a guard right now.

My company is hyper paranoid about liability. Don't you dare do anything that can even remotely be considered an arrest.

Never make a criminal feel like they can't leave. Don't don't stand in the middle of an entrance, hallway, etc.

Seeing a store security guard creeps me out. It raises my threat level that I'll be next to some surprise takedown event and have myself put in collateral danger, or else be followed by some asshole that has to meet a quota to make their security job seem more relevant. I sat on an utter waste of time of a jury for a walmart shoplifting case where they had trumped up a $200 value of utter crap value socks that was allegedly stolen. Some "guard" claimed to follow the guy for 6 hours without being noticed while the guy was killing time while his baby's momma had visitation with his kid over in the restaurant. Of course he looked suspicious, but he was bored, as would anyone that had that time to kill.

Where I shop in Florida, there has never been a uniformed security person in my groceries (Publix, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Winn-Dixie), and if I saw one, I'd be concerned about the neighborhood or even shopping there in future. You expect to see one in a high end jewelry store or a mall parking lot in a golf cart, but that's it. Also in the US, you are fully welcome to drink a beverage in the store, or start on that bag of chips without a second glance, and it's only if you didn't hit up the register on the way out for it would it be considered stealing because the law states you are stealing only when you exit the premises without paying. Pic related.

why you looking at my pants fake pig?

Yep that's the same stuff I got told (op here)
The whole thing is we're there for "aversion " which basically means we can walk around and hope that when people see us they decide not to steal. We have alot of rules like no blocking exits, no running, etc. I've occasionally broken the no running rule and the "5 meter rule" designed to keep us out of arms length

i generally crack jokes and shit to people with the intent of not making them feel intimidated, i generally only follow very sketchy people or i'll keep an eye on anyone with a backpack or handbag. i don't bug people if i see them eating a product, i just make sure they dont leave behind the packaging without paying for it.
sometimes the store workers make me follow people though which is fucking annoying.
*notices bulge*
e-excuse me sir can i p-please see ur pockets owo

no you cannot, and if you follow me to my car with your little clip board, you will see I removed my licence plates before I pulled in. You can help my load up my trunk or go fuck off fake pig.

i don''t use a clipboard i just use my phone.
still worth following somone like that to get a image of the vehicle etc

>he gets followed by store security so often he gets mad at security guards on the internet

are you that guy who had a mental breakdown yesterday over McDonalds and started raving about Warren Buffett and made like 10 new threads?

I used to go in, load up a whole cart with a months worth of food, and walk out pretending to be having an argument on my phone. People listen, but avoid eye contact with people arguing on cell phones. Worked always, but eventually you run out of stores to go to if you live in a smaller town.

all the stores here have trolleys blocking every exit that isnt a check out, otherwise i can imagine this working , the argument thing seems like a neat mental trick

Random question, I'm heading to NZ in April. Do you guys still have those Fruju Tropical Snow ice creams?? I was talking to a mate a few months back about how I wish that they would bring them back, and he said NZ still had them.

Grocery stores in my area have NO security. The clerk watching the u-scan section will periodically say something over the pa like "security scan section 3" but its total bullshit. They too are told to not interfere with lifters. If its a regular shoplifter or something of value like meat and booze they will have the police take a report and review tapes. Otherwise they do nothing. A certain percentage of loss is factored into the price of goods.

fairly certain we do actually

actually nevermind it says out of stock on all the new zealand supermarket websites

Fuck yes.

I think I'll come steal one from your store.

>go shopping
>order pizza from deli
>that will be 20 minutes user
>no problem ill finish shopping
>pay for food(no pizza to scan)
>go back to deli get fresh pizza
>walk out the door with receipt in hand

Shit.

Oh well hopefully some backwater shop still has some, I'm driving around the whole south island and I swear I will check every convenience store I find.

whats the point in security if you touch someone you get sued?

well done sweaty

nope. not that guy. just a thief.

I think security is there primarily for taking action against assaults, armed robberies, etc. They may intimidate some into not shoplifting just by their presence. There are security companies that will take action against shoplifters but they pay very high liability insurance rates and are much more expensive so you'd only find those at the big megacorps, not mom and pops.

Can u shoot thiefs?

I liked Publix in Florida

Nah, they do, but it's usually 1 or 2 guys sitting in the room with the recording equipment. I live in a nice area, too. The visible presence of security guards actually makes the average person who lives in these areas uncomfortable and possibly unsafe. What I think they do for a possibly suspicious-looking person is the "loss prevention" guy, who wears a shirt and tie and looks like a store manager, does a discrete drive by just looking like he's doing some kind of inventory or employee instruction tasks. He'll often say something casually, like "good evening." Totally doesn't freak out honest people, but deters thieves. Sometimes when I shop late at night at my grocery store I see a really cute police woman going up to where I think the security office is to look at tapes or whatever. There are shoplifters even in good areas, but they try to hide it.

Why does your grocery store need a gaurd?

And the reason the clerks hover over you a little bit at the self-checkout is that's the only place where video security kinda fails. You can slip a couple things through without scanning or cheat the scanner a little and it isn't possible to prove it with video footage.

>they do.
No...they don't. Trust me.
Im friends with a manager and several employees.
Yes im sure places like walmart wegmans publix and costco have sercurity but this chain does not.

What are you actually allowed to do?

Most grocery stores have someone watching the cameras. You won't see them in most cases.

Youre right however about visible guards and upscale stores...looks bad.

Stores have to weigh their losses against the cost of adding more to payroll. For a place like walmart it makes sense but for smaller upscale places in nice neighborhoods it doesnt make sense to spend $80000/year on staff and insurance to save $40000 on stolen product.

What I think is funny is the majority of shoplifters in nicer areas seems to be middle to upper class women. Seems to be. I'm very observant, but like I said, the stores around my area try to be really discrete. Can any security guys weigh in on this? What kind of shit are they stealing? Small, expensive cosmetics?

Do a lot of old people try to steal? I work at a pharmacy and I feel like I catch more middle-aged people grabbing shit like makeup and denture paste comapered to teenagers trying to get lighters

I hear that old people (50+) try to steal at grocery stores surprisingly often

Please post pic of qt female onahole officer

I don't have any. I've only seen her a couple times. I don't take photos of strangers. she was just a random Officer Cutie: pretty, blonde, about 5'4"/120lbs, 30ish. The way she carried herself and watched things she looked pretty sharp.

are you a security guard and if so what type of establishment do you work in?

The natives of that land are a fierce and proud people who spend all their dole money on booze and smokes so they steal everything else when theyre not stabbing each other or sniffing glue.

Nice racism.

Enjoy your time not being able to post.

I worked at the liquor store in Raglan for a year. I am an expert on these niggers and their habits.

So if I go to a grocery store self checkout, quickly insert and remove my card before it's confirmed, and walk out abruptly, what are the odds of being confronted? I've done this once before, but I feel like the last time I tried I got a knowing glance from the self-checkout guard and actually went through with the payment.

You think I care tough goy?

>onahole officer
I have several questions

It's not nice to say but it's still the fucking truth. Denying that these problems exist will not make them go away.
youtube.com/watch?v=qClBRaretEk

Bro, I literally had a Maori dude do a pukana (what the guy in that pic is doing) at me after I told him the store was closed. Dude was Tryna use some tribal warfare shit to scare me.
It's mostly middle aged low class women with handbags going for meat or makeup
I walk around the store rather then watching cameras, but the whole good evening thing is pretty much what I do

I don't watch the self check out because the store has someone assigned to that, but that probably make the self check out thing flash red like it does heaps

It beeps, starts computer voice nagging about payment, a light flashes, and the monitor at the cashier's station does some kind of prompt. The bagging side of the stations usually have some kind of scale thing that triggers when you lift the bags off early. The attendant then has to come over and see what's up. They don't automatically assume you stole shit, they just think you're retarded. This is where you should act retarded if you really were trying to steal shit. If things get really weird-looking to the attendant it prompts a bag check where they look through every bagged item and compare it to the screen. The machine won't let you proceed without it flashing and shit until they come over and swipe their override card and punch a code into it. I know this because I've accidentally triggered them before by cashing out manufacturer's coupons doubled with in-store sales prices and actually came out with a few bags of free groceries. It was kinda funny. Had to stand there and wait a few minutes for the store manager to come and double check and override the machine because the cashier's clearance wasn't high enough or something. I'm gonna assume your odds of having cops show up to confront you are pretty high if you just walk out without paying. They have a video of you in the store, probably a shot of you in the parking lot, and at least one employee will testify that you stole shit.

Any store needs protection retard

She has a pussy, right? Therefore her omanko is living warm onahole

Niggers stealing makeup... Its so arousing

>i have lived my entire life in a bad neighborhood.

Wrong, living in a shit country

>shit country
racist comment

I'm so mad i'm shaking

>and everyone who doesn't conceal carry is being grossly irresponsible

>t. scared babby

But my country is violent, full with criminals and corrupt politicians, ravaged by normal and structured crime and lacks a solid moral and ethic compass

Doesn't matter, still considered a racist thing to say now. Anderson Cooper told me so.

Are u a retarded fembot nazi? Gosh, you need a dick in your vagina and anus

>getting busted and having to pay a few hundred dollars fine for having no plates because you're afraid of fake cops despite you not having done anything wrong (and not having the intentions to do anything wrong, am I right?)

My name is Cory Booker and I'm a member of the US senate.

What do you do to 'Grazers'?

the fuck kind of shithole you live in that grocery stores have security?

America

Do you live in the south side of Chicago or something? I have never seen a security guard at a grocery store

Whats it like to kill someone?

Lol, where you from, mom's trailer's back bedroom in west jeebusvile, AR? Even fucking Memphis has security guards in groceries, ya fucking googad.

>Memphis
>city filed with niggers
I would bet so.

>Even fucking Memphis has security guards in groceries,
Yeah I can see why.

>even menphis
um, Memphis is one of the most crime ridden, ghetto cities in the country

Needing security at your grocery stores is not normal in America, except in the most ghetto of neighborhoods

I feel bad for you guys.
Between 9 different chain grocery stores in 5 different towns...two of which have a black population around 40% and all with more mexicans than anyone can count...i have NEVER seen a security guard. They are simply not on the payroll. I dont doubt a few have "loss-prevention" but i have never seen anyone actually on the floor. Thats the sort of thing you see in a waffle house at 2am. You guys must live in some real shitholes.

I alreasy told you that my country is a shithole LOL

Did your friends know that you were working there? Perhaps they were jealous and fucking with you.

In the majority of stores you can't tell that the loss prevention/security guy even works there, they have them wear plain clothes and either hang out in a back office until they're needed, or wander the floor and try to look like a customer

Are they always niggers and meth heads or crack addicts? NZ so abbos?

That's Harbin ice festival in China.

In a store I worked for we used Robin as the code. I'd go on the intercom and say, call for Robin. We still got a nigger who was employee, he was caught stuffing expensive items in a vacuum cleaner. How did he get caught one might ask... well we would take the vacuum cleaner behind racks of clothing some of those racks were visible to the store across the street and they told us what was going on. That punk nigger was caught red handed.

Guy at my Walmart thinks hes dog the bounty hunter. Wears the shades indorrs has a drop leg with crowd control size pepper spray, the hair the vest everything but the fat bitchy wife with all her fat pushed up into her bra so she can say I'm not fat I'm busty.

It still had that stupid nigger "it wasn't me" look on it's face. Pathetic. I suspect that he's either dead or in prison now.

Why do niggers always pull that innocent chimp look?

PaknSave?

What do?

youtu.be/LQmm81aWPiI

Fixed it for you
Pakisave while raping and pillaging.

What?

Funny you should say that, I used to work at K-Mart and our head security guy actually WAS a bounty hunter as his second job

He told me once that he's had more weapons pulled on him at K-Mart than bounty hunting

What's the weirdest thing you've caught someone stealing and where were they hiding it?

I've noticed more of these little niggers and wiggers stealing nyquil and other crap thinking that they'll get high from it than you can shake a stick at.

>shaking a stick at a nigger is a hate crime

Just because some dumbass tries to sue us doesnt mean it will stick in court. Happens all the fucking time in security, one of the main reasons we try not to do arrests if we dont have to.

>Just happy to see you, bro ;)