/pg/ - Pomegranate General #0003

Previous thread: Welcome to the pomegranate general: I got a tripcode edition! This is thread #0003.

Fun pomegranate fact: It was introduced into Spanish America in the late 16th century and into California by Spanish settlers in 1769.

Links:
>How to grow a pomegranate tree
wikihow.com/Grow-a-Pomegranate-Tree
>Health benefits
globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-health-benefits-of-pomegranates/
>Spinach, pear and pomegranate salad
yummly.com/#recipe/Spinach_-Pear-and-Pomegranate-Salad-980011

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahini
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw I fucking love pomegranate but only ever eat it as is

Anything cool you can use it for?

People often put it in fruit salads. Like with yogurt, bananas, apples, etc. I suggest you try that.

Pomegranates are cool but there's little you can do with them. Wish someone would make a good pie or tart involving pomegranates

Stop making these

Your last thread got 20 replies and died. I don't know what you're trying to prove or if you just think this autistic shit is hilarious but you should consider necking yourself.

keep making these

I just like pomegranate and want to discuss it with others.

Will do! :)

I hope all that pomegranate you eat gives you cancer, like your threads gave me.

what's your technique for opening them?

Cut them a bit inside all around. You don't even have to do it that deep. Then, using force, pull the two parts apart.

Yeah, OP would be better off making another fast food/meme/flyover lmao/do Americans really?/McChicken thread. Go fuck yourself, asshole. This thread is more relevant to Food and Cooking than half the others on this board.

OP, the extent of my experience with pomegranate has been the Pom juice. Pretty tasty, though I don't get it often due to the price.

What's the best way to juice a pomegrenate?

Is is better to buy a whole fruit or should I buy just the areils?

I know I can blend them to juice them, but I'm not sure about filtering the juice. Can my mesh strainer work? Or does it need to be finer then that?

I imagine a cheesecloth would be good for filtering; mesh strainer would maybe produce juice a bit too thick. Probably more cost effective to buy the whole fruit rather than the areils.

Maybe a nut bag.

I use it to make almond milk.

I bought a pomegranate the other day but some seeds were partially brown, like rot. Did I get a bad one? I discarded the seeds with the discoloration just in case..

Pic related is the pomegranate I have today.

I sometimes have brown/white seeds as well. They're not ready I think, but I always eat them anyway and never get sick. They do have a different texture and do taste a bit off, but it seems they're safe to eat.

Tbh try getting a full on pomegranate. They're p expensive, at least where I live, but it's worth it. Also, pomegranate juice is really good, but I prefer regular pomegranates.

I love the fact that these threads exist; keep it up op! Has anyone thought about growing their own pomegranates? I live up north, but I've been thinking about getting a large grow box and testing with that. Anyone have any experience?
My preferred method is biting off the calyx and underlying albedo in one bite, making sure I don't touch my tongue to the stamen, and spitting it into the trash. Than I knaw around two opposite vertices until I can split it in half using my hands. If I'm eating one during a walk, I might not pick it apart as aggressively.

Which variety is your favorite?

From the three varieties I've had, the ariana pomegranates are the best.

>general
Fuck off

But why user? This board is already clogged with autismo off topic threads. Why can't we enjoy our mutual love for pomegranates on the FOOD and cooking boardof a macedonian screwdriver weaving forum?

What are the other two varieties youve had?

Reddit fuck
Sage

Bump!
Keep up the Lords work op!
Love me sum pommies!

Let's up boat this to front page!*

Stop resurrecting this fucking garbage off page 10. It's dying for a reason, just like the two threads before it died for a reason

>stop talking about Food & Cooking
Fuck off, retard. Go make another shitpost meme thread.

I've had granada and cranberry. The cranberry variety it's still pretty good but it's not as tart as I'd like. The granadas are just very generic and taste the most like the Pomwonderful 80% apple juice that everyone imagines pomegranates to taste like.

I've had granada and cranberry. The cranberry variety it's still pretty good but it's not as tart as I'd like. The granadas are just very generic and taste the most like the Pomwonderful 80% apple juice that everyone imagines pomegranates to taste like.
Fuck off reddit. If the thread dies, it dies.

I highly recommend you try Fesenjoon OP

Wow. This thread is for me.

My little pomegranate tree (about 9 inches right now) yellow'd all its leaves about a month ago. Is this normal winter behavior?
I live in Los Angeles so zone should be no problem.

love meeee some pomegranate SIRRRSSSSSS

AAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJA

ME LOVE POMEGRINTIE

Post pom pics

My mum likes to roast a cauliflower and top it off at the end with tahina
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahini
and pomegranate! It's delicious and is eay to make.

You can either put the cauliflower in whole, or you can remove the florets and roast them in a tray. Highly recommend!

Is Veeky Forums still fucked? I wanna shitpost.

Only a retard would announce sage.

Do you guys eat the white lizard skin around the little red fruit eggs?

Pic related is the shitty pomegranate I got. 2/3 were not edible.

Haha, nah. That's disgusting and not edible.

Yes. The leaves will soon fall off. What variety do you have?