Who else late night grocery shoppers here?

Who else late night grocery shoppers here?
It's currently 11:06pm and just got back from HEB.

When living abroad I found that grocery stores offered discounts in the early morning or late at night. In the US I find I just end up buying shit for the same price as if I had bought it during regular shopping hours. Stuff here gets put on sale during peak time to clear it out because theres so many preservatives

all the mexicans shop on sunday nights here. it's a cultural thing or some shit

the sweet time for sales here seems to be between 8:30 and 9:30 am. The employees in some departments (like meat) don't come in until 8, so nothing gets marked down until then.

there's a golden hour for grocery shopping - after it stops being busy, but before they shut off the self-checkout lines

And before the slaves start blocking the aisles to restock the shelves.

work mostly nightshift so I always do this on my weekends
I hit up Kroger as soon as they open at 6 on Mondays cause that's when they put the stuff they can't sell/soon to pass the "best by" date on clearance. Get stuff like good brand TV dinners for 1$, cheap juices and granola bars and soups
half price deli meat.

HEB is the best. I love 'em. I ride the bus so I cant shop late, but I would if I could. Too many people at HEB most of the time. Gotta dodge 'em. People blocking the beer section you wanna look in, every lane has a line.

Eating some of their revolutionary, "ready to eat" potato salad atm.

No, it's about ten o'clock in the morning, when all the day's nearly-expired foods have recently been discounted and you get pick of the litter.

Used to do this a lot at HEB because it was convenient but I moved to a different side of town and it's a lot more of a hassle cause there'd only be like 2 lanes open tops.

That said, getting meat and fresh vegetables would probably be better in the morning since they don't restock the shelves until early morning

>Go to supermarket late to avoid people
>Nobody else there so the clerk remembers me
FUCK

I made the mistake of going to a 24 hour supermarket not knowing that the only lanes open were self checkout. Ended up embarrassing myself and the security guard had to help me. This was at a Giant grocery store in Baltimore.

This is the fucking worst. The cashier at my local Safeway remembers me and always asks "What are you cooking this time?" I tell her and she always calls me some master chef or some shit. I hate small talk. Just scan my food so I can pay and go home.

I hate it when women are into me too. When will they understand that some of us are homosexual?

Getting stuff for discounts is 90% of the reason to go to a supermarket at weird hours. 1 hour before close everything in the bakery and deli is gunna be marked down because they can't sell it next day.

>Nightshift
>1$ TV dinners
Christ, user...

If he's investing intelligently, he's wealthier than you unless you happen to be >LAWYER. Even if you are, he's a success from most perspectives.

well, like I said they are discounted good brands, not crappy banquet and stuff. Like I guess those Devour things weren't selling so well, so I got a ton of those recently for a buck
also kahiki and Boston markets tv diners for 1$

Well I'm heterosexual and this lady is like in her late 40s. I just don't want to talk.

>retail position outside of school hours
>it's not a person in school
I doubt it, user. But keep telling those porky pies. They make the world so much more interesting.

>not being so crippled by anxiety that you get drunk and have an Uber bring you at 3am on a weekday

I don't know what else to tell you user. She even has some gray hair. I'll just leave it at that. You can believe it or not.

>he can't work the self checkout

I'll excuse you but only if you're an elderly person

You in Houston? If so we should meat some time and browse some memes.

quit being a pussy