How to make tasty chicken?

I get food from this Italian place near me a lot because the chicken that comes with their pasta is just so damn flavorful & juicy. It looks sort of like the pic except it has cheese & diced tomato on top. What is the secret to the perfect texture and taste for chicken breast.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/5QCuNT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

poach it

>Step 1: season with lemon pepper
>Step 2: cook with preferred method (if boiling, add lemon pepper after, not before step 2
>Step 3:???
>profit

the flavor on the chicken is almost like a subtle burnt grilled flavor that tastes amazing which i cant replicate. Ive cooked chicken breast many different ways and cant get it to taste like no matter how good my char is. :(

I get a really good burnt flavor cooking beer soaked chicken breast over a wood fire. Amazing taste. The best

Why not just ask the next time you are there?

get a job working the kitchen and immediately quit once they teach you how to make the chicken

My best results have been:
>Toss in olive oil with healthy serving of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
>Put on baking sheet
>Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, make sure to check the internal temp to ensure that its cooked all the way through.

Then I eat two of the bastards for dinner that night, save the rest to use throughout the week in pasta, stir fry, etc. You can get a bit more creative in terms of spices, but the real trick is just season your shit and cook is fast and hot to ensure that it doesn't dry out. If you feel up to it too, marinades can keep the chicken from drying out some.

tl;dr: Don't make the rookie mistake of under seasoning your meat, and cook it hot and fast to ensure it doesn't dry out.

Marinade it in Italian dressing for an hour. Properly salt, pepper, and garlic powder ( plus any other seasonings you choose)

Use an electric griddle. A la George foreman. About 10 min on each side with the lid on depending on the piece of chicken

You’re welcome.

Yes I know what you mean, I hypothesize it comes just by grilling lots of meat over the same rack for many hours. Not something you can easily replicate. It can also be the wood they use if its that type of grill

I brine it, if you want to cheap out, but marinading it is the better option if cost is not an issue. The george foreman grill is unironically the best way to cook chicken breasts, get the one with removable plates, though.

>h-hey guys
>how do I into chikin

christ user my palms are sweating just thinking about it

Don't overcook it. That's pretty much the main issue that chicken breast fags have with cooking anything.

sounds gay

If Veeky Forums let's me post, sorry for hijacking your post but it won't let me create a new thread

Hey Veeky Forums I need some big brother help.
I pissed off my gf on a night out before she went to London to see family.

She's coming back in 2 days, I know her and her mother would like a chicken salad.

I refuse to trust internet recipes and I would rather come to you guys for something nice like a marinade for the chicken or something.

I'm currently in the middle of fucking no where cat sitting and I've only got a small co-op (Very small super market) near me at my disposal.

What can you recommend that would
A) Tastey and different
B) Calm a pissed off girlfriend
C) Make a long trip back from London nice to come back to.

I've been looking at BBC recipes and all this Greek styled shit chicken salads but I'd struggle to find what they're asking for.

I work in a kitchen but I'm still learning a lot like pairing flavours and seasoning correctly etc.

Help me Veeky Forums you're my only hope.

Brine, marinate or dry rub, cook quickly on a higher heat so it gets a nice sear, don't overcook it.

That's literally it. Chicken is pretty neutral so it will pick up the flavor of whatever seasonings you put on it. The main thing is DO NOT OVERCOOK IT.

Try baking it in a watermelon.

Brine that shit overnight. Helps to do it in batches if you're cooking for your family. Simple brine of saltwater, crushed whole garlic cloves and lemon juice with slices tossed in. Rinse and pat dry when you're ready to cook it.

brine overnight in lemon juice? wont that acidly cook the chicken ?

i just grill it and then pour a fuckton of salt and lemon juice

you have to tenderize it.
you can't cook it evenly without tenderizing.
if you tenderize it, it will taste good.
so, i would suggest to tenderize it.

Get a meat hammer or glass bottle. Pound the chicken flat. Use a fork to poke a shitload of holes in it. Brine overnight. Dry it off an season before cooking. Coat with a little oil. Cook over charcoal/wood and pull it as soon as you hit a safe temp (163-ish depending on how thin and it coasts to 165). The colder the chicken is when it hits the grill the more smoke flavor it absorbs so put it back in the fridge until its ready to go right on.

discord.gg/5QCuNT

taste is a social construct

get a load of this normie

my skin is fucking crawling just thinking about that. jesus christ

I usually marinade them in a large bag so I have several breasts ready and marinaded for a few days.

I marinade with what I got, ususally
>extra virgin olive oil
>lemon juice
>sea salt
>freshly ground garlic
>black pepper
>thyme fresh or dried
>oregano fresh or dried
>more freshly ground garlic
>whatever

>Get the thickness right (takes some experimenting, I'd say about a finger-width)
>ADD SALT AND REST. This is important. Dry/brine/in marinade - your call, but dry works for me.
>Season properly, whole different topic what that means exactly.
>Don't overcook.
Wa la.

Really fucking hot pan
Plenty of salt
5-6 minutes per side depending on the thickness, don't overcook it
das it

>if boiling
What

How expensive is a pinch of dried basil man

>I've been looking at BBC
So has she.

learn french and read a serious french cookbook.

B R I N E
R
I
N
E
Seriously, it does a world of good for keeping your chicken juicy.

Do Chef John's lemon yogurt chicken. Unless you live in a cave, you should be able to find everything in a grocery store.

>Love the chicken in Olive Garden's chicken alfrado
>Someone said it was marinaded in french dressing
>Try it
>Baseline: WAY OFF

did you marinate first for atleast 24 hours?

Chicken served through a straw will be the next big movement in haute cuisine.

dis

You should have known better considering you ate the dish before?!

I want to just say kys, but I like this board and it's better half, so hurt yourself and try better.

I think they meant italian. Chicken marinated in italian is good if not a little trashy.

Currently doing a normie marination in decent italian dressing. Leaving this on counter with intent of quicker marinating at higher temperature. Only have about 2 hours before I cook.

Will be searing over med-high heat on stovetop.

Any benefit to keeping chicken colder before going to hot pan this way?

Does feel like the trailer park marination technique, but fuck it.

If it tastes good, eat it.

Pat your breasts dry.

Season liberally ( salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, ceyane)

Preheat your oven to 400 f

Place a cast iron pan in oven and let it heat up until oven is at 400

Turn stove on med/high setting
Add oil of choice ( conola oil is good)

When oil smokes place breasts in skillet

Sear 2-3 minutes on each side

Finish chicken breasts in the oven for 8-15 minuets done when internal temperature is 165 degrees.

>when oil smokes

enjoy your carcinogenic chicken

OP, just cook it med and slow. Don't rush it. Flip it as often as possible. boom. Juicy chicken.

>how to make the blandest grey chicken ever
this is a cooking board, kiddo