hams.cc/taper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are some rum cocktails that doesn't require any other alcohols

Why the fuck can't I post pictures.

Veeky Forums is broken right now.

cos ur smashed

cuba libre

the fuck is wrong with this garbage website

Been drinking 300-400ml of 40% alcohol for like two months. Saturday I got so fucked up my hangover was brutal, so I decided to quit for a while. Should I tapper it off or quit cold turkey? I know that if I quit cold turkey I'm probably going to get some fucked up withdrawal the next time I drink (I don't want to quit entirely, I would like to drink a bottle of wine on Saturdays like before)

Been drinking 300-400ml of 40% alcohol for like two months. Saturday I got so fucked up my hangover was brutal, so I decided to quit for a while. Should I tapper it off or quit cold turkey? I know that if I quit cold turkey I'm probably going to get some fucked up withdrawal the next time I drink (I don't want to quit entirely, I would like to drink a bottle of wine on Saturdays like before)

hams.cc/taper/

hams.cc/taper/

Excellent, worth reading for tapernoobs

well boys picked up a 24 after like 4 or 5 days sober
was a good ride, least its beer this time, till i get tired and go get liquor

Been sober for 3 days now. My depression is unbearable. Cant wait to get home from work and jump off the wagon head first with some cheap vodka.

>FOUR. BEERS.
>I work in a factory and I feel sad
>you drank four? I drink five, kid
these threads in a nutshell

One really fun thing about being a longtime alcoholic: you find out personally just how much your liver is in charge of, among other things. I have severe nosebleeds all the time. I just had one that took about 40 minutes to stop. I have an entire grocery bag full of blood-soaked tissues and rags. Your liver is a main producer of clotting agents in your blood. Fuck it up, and you will be constantly having horrible nosebleeds. Also, you'll bruise all the time.

Another fun thing about being a long-term alcoholic: I rarely ever have a solid shit. My shits are always emergencies, and they are always liquid. The solid parts of the shit are basically like coffee grounds. Sometimes they're really pale and greasy. Dunno how much of that is the liver vs. the GI tract, but the alcohol affects it all. But the nosebleeds fucking suck. I'm pretty much dying now. But I doubt I'll ever stop.

If you're still getting hangovers, that's a good sign. I don't get those anymore. You might be able to do cold turkey. If that starts to fuck you up, taper like the above posts say.

>he only drank five beers

I've been drinking metamucil and it makes the shits 1000x better

Today's my birthday and my old man took me out to Chili's. $5 for a bottle of Budweiser. I get the 32 pack of natural ice from Walmart for $16

I drink 4-8 steel reserves a night 8%. I drank 2017 away and tryna quit this year.

Hasn't worked out. I just want to quit withdrawals are the worst.

I don't feel that bad right now, I don't really think I drink as much as other people, but still too much and every day. I've quit before, but was too stupid to do tapering (I was 19). The reason i want to taper is because of kindling, I've hear those shits are comulative and are the reason why so many recoverees fuck it up. I don't want to drink every day again tho (unless needed). I was happy with drinking 4 beers every two weeks, but my life was going to shit lately and didn't know how to cope so I started using booze again.

Please
Please help

I drank everyday for about a decade. Started with a liter of vodka a day for a year and then switched to a twelve pack of beer a day. I’ve been sober for about nine months and it’s the best feeling ever. I am concerned about my health though. I have night sweats, but only on my chest and neck area. I have morning erections again, but normal erections are weaker than they used to be. My sperm just dribbles out; it doesn’t shoot unless I’m really fucking hard. My feet are always cold. External temp of feet is usually 70 degrees American. Has anyone had similar effects after quitting. I’m too scared to see a doctor because then it is real.

Ggtihtnice

Goodnight user. Please get the help you deserve.

goodnight user

>The solid parts of the shit are basically like coffee grounds.
that's not so good user

Still sticking to dry January. Life situation hasn't improved, but I'm sleeping better and consuming fewer calories.

drinking this shit erryday

I had 290 euros that i made from dharoks pking and some staking on runescape.

I lost everything i kept buying mills because i was just losing at duel arena yesterday and I was mad and everytime i bought i lost the money. I got 38euros, 9M cash (7eur) on rs and 0.2L of whiskey.

I'm alright. I will finish they whiskey and get 2L more of it. I will sober up in 3-4 days and do dharoks pk on runescape again for 20 euros/day untill i get triggered and drink away all my money.

Such is my life.

CAN I POST YET FUCK

>tfw you realize how much your daily life depends on shitposting with random drunken internet people.

what's the most painless way to die from alcohol poisoning

The best way to life is to drink everyday. When your liver is broken you OD on heroin

i want to die now though and i've never been a heavy drinker

helium+gas mask

alcohol is a painful way to die

Day 1 of sobriety is easy peasy, right now I'd literally have to go out of my way to drink, I absolutely don't feel like it one bit. I'd have to be offered to get drunk for free for me to actually get drunk with what's left of tonight.

Old Man by Neil Young was the first song I ever sang at karaoke and believe it or not I got a standing ovation. The atmosphere was chill as fuck, I was there with a MILF who seemed quite friendly with everyone there. Banged her that night but anyways it was indeed mostly older people there probably mostly 50s-60s with the younger of the group being perhaps 40s. The chatting at our table was going great, when I went up I was nervous in spite of the drunkenness but cracked some sort of joke, can't remember it now. I was 22 at the time I think. Too happy a memory for me to cry to that song, but I do know some songs that get to me. I cry maybe 2-3 times typically, though the last 10 months might be over 3 because it's been particularly stressful.

I've had delirium tremens before on several occasions. At the time, I was drinking around 1.75L (60oz) of 40% liquor every 3-4 days. Most common time was first thing in the morning immediately upon opening my eyes, and at least one occasion when I woke up in the middle of the night when shadows fucked with my mind hardcore. My robe was resting on the back of my lazyboy chair, just sitting there, but I could see a disgusting and mangy rat, big as a small dog, could even see its tail moving a little. Watched it for what felt like a good minute or two, eventually threw something at it without taking my eyes off it in case it pounced. That's when I figured out it was my robe and not a fuck-huge Morrowind-like rat.

No clue but it's fucking annoying.

I have mild suicidal thoughts when sober but when im drunk nothing sounds better than a thick rope around my neck and just fading into black. Resting in peace. I have two beautiful sons and a wife and the guilt of doing such a thing keeps me from it. Any other anons raising a family while battling depression in silence ? Sometimes i wish i never met my wife so i could just go on booze/drug/hooker bender then kill myself on the comedown..feelsbadman.jpg

DAY 3 sober
Falling asleep without booze is tough.

man same with the shitting thing it's so embarrassing

desu these days (as in the past year or so now) i just take an imodium daily in the morning - which keeps my shitting schedule regular and also less liquidy

no fun being out and about and getting that horrible bubbling feeling in your abdomen

Good job man, are you going to try and stick to it after january?

I'm not sure yet. I'm going to try to ask for my old job back and move out of my parents house again. If those things fail, I'll probably resume my degenerate ways.

>broke up with girlfriend
>blasting music from my house
>ordering hookers for tomorrow morning
This is fine.

That sounds absolutely fine to me.

>work in office cubicle
>heavy drinker
>the team hires a new guy in from SE-Europe
>he's placed at a desk next to me
>I smell something familiar
>the lingering scent of sweat mixed with alcohol
>we glance at each other
Best friends for life.

>Five hours of sleep
>Not a drop of booze in the house
>Store doesn't open for three hours

guessilldie.jpg

Power too you, im going to try my hardest to have a break, it's been nearly 2 days now, I was more worried about my gambling, but i've got that out of my system for 2 weeks. We'll see how it goes, good luck bud.

Seems like dry drunks often get obsessive about replacement drinks.

For me it’s those lemony sparkly waters that do the trick.

are you my boyfriend

Get a shrink user

Can’t fuck around like that if you have kids

>only drank 9 beer last night
>go to sleep at midnight, wake up at 6am
not even a good rest tbqh

I'm pissing liquid fire out my arse every 20 mins ffs

Was finally discharged late last night, but my doc said to stay until today to rest up some. Just waiting for this shit hole of a city to brighten up a bit before catching the bus the fuck out of here.

Was prescribed anti depressants and he offered to be my family doctor since I don't have one here.

Nice guy.

always good to find a decent doctor
in my experience though psychologist doctors are all fucking garbage

"shithole" countries is a legitimate thing to say. Carry on.

He's an actual doctor not a psychologist. I'm in Canada and I've been on waiting lists for like 6 months trying to find a family doctor. Free health care is great and all, but a lot of the time it doesn't even feel worth it when the wait times are fucking insane.

I've had family members who have had to wait months for surgery they desperately needed.

Dark and stormy. But make sure you like ginger beer.

day 3 sober after another taper. alcohol is the devil. love you ppl.

Did you see the Jordan Peterson/Cathy Newman interview Mr. Canadian?

If you need help stopping or drinking less here's what I do: Take videos of yourself while wasted. Don't upload them to the internet just keep them on your phone or laptop. Watch them the next day when you're hungover. Observe how retarded you are when you're barely capable of forming a single sentence when you think you're some kind of savant. It really opened my eyes to my behavior and now I try to avoid getting to that point. Nothing good comes from it. Even the time spent being incapable of remembering anything awful in your life does nothing since it all comes flooding back the next day. ALWAYS stronger than before.

And don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon. You're practicing willpower and it takes time to get stronger.

haha

im canadian too and i realize he isn't
just saying stay away from psychologists
nothing like having a fucking psych doctor lie to your fucking face to reinforce the fact you shouldn't trust people and humanity is shit

My last psychologist was a fucking retard. He'd stare at his phone and wouldn't even feign interest in my thoughts or feelings. Then he'd gossip about his other patients to me. I should've sued his ass for breaching confidentiality but I was pissed at him for scheduling appointments I didn't agree to and pushing me to ask his psychiatrist partner for MORE medication. They were THIS close to giving me benzos.

I haven't been back in 3 years and I'm better than I've ever been. God help those who think he'll actually help him. Therapy might work for some people but it's never worked for me.

Went to the Cinema with my gf on Wedsnedsay, had a few cheeky beers before, then snuck a few ciders into the cinema, then bought two bottles of wine for the way home, and everything from then up until yesterday evening has been a blur. I think I might have been trying to show my girlfriend mexican cartel beheading videos at some point, its the only distinct memory I have and my internet browsing history would back it up, apparently I was walking around her place with my dick out at one point too and one of her flatmates saw it. That being said she isnt that pissed off with me but the fact 5 days can go down the drain like that is pretty terrifying.

I think I'd better learn to say 'Het!' like pic related soon fellas. I'm pretty sure it'll only get worse from here on, I can already feel the damage that's accumulated over the years and it'll only take another bender like that to go horribly wrong to lose the only person I really have in my life. Good luck to you all

Been sober two months now. I actually stopped thinking the thoughts that drove me to keep drinking in the first place around week 2.

Really missing the taste of a good rum though.

Anisette is the superior drink

Had one of these the other day. It has to be the worst thing I've ever had.

gave in and havin the ol 8am beer
probably gonna go sleep for another couple hours after im done it though

kek , do not show those vids to a girl

how many you had?

just on my second
was going to sleep some more but couldnt and people upstairs are fucking elephants apparently

Having DTs and can’t get to shop, hospital won’t take me. I’m seriously fucked

After the first one you dont notice how bad they are ;p
99 cents a for a tallboy too

I think Natural Ice actually tastes good for a dirt cheap high abv beer. Like the flavor is actually good. I don't drink it anymore though.

surely there's a delivery service

Are you me? I Feel Bad For my son as i dont think i will hold up much Longer...

>go to grocery store at 9 am
>only old people there
>buy tendies from the deli, fritos, a powerade, a redbull, a bottle of wine, and a handle of smirnoff
DO THEY KNOW?

Most people don't give a shit, user.

You blacked out for 5 days off 2 bottles of wine?
These days, I feel insane anxiety unless I go out late at night in the dark

gonna hit up the ol' store after im done this beer
pick up a 40 of alberta premium and go into the grocery store to pick up some soda to mix, then come home and eat lunch methinks

No, I mean that first night set me off on a 5 day bender that I can barely remember any of, you know when you keep going back to the store on autopilot to plough yourself with more.

>alcoholic uncle loses his license for his 3rd DUI
>I make a little extra money driving him to work since its not that far
>pick him up at 11pm on a friday night
>drank ONE BEER before picking him up
>Brushed my teeth
>"Hey nephew you started your weekend early eh?"

Real recognize real and drunks recognize drunks

Ah gotcha. When you're sober you're like "I don't need to drink" but once you feel the buzz, man. It's like I wanna feel that forever

nice job

not much of a hospital really

Hey guys i have a question. Are the panic attacks withdrawal or from hangover? Mine are so bad that I cannot drive or even really leave the house anymore

Last night I drank a bit but ended up puking it all up and woke up feeling totally refreshed, not hungover and not really having much anxiety, im actually kind of thrilled because I don't remember the last time I wasn't hungover

I've become agoraphobic. I have to drive across town next week to cash a check and I dont know how the fuck i'm going to do it :(

Yeah, also the thought of the horror once it's over too, though the irony is the more you prolong that horror the worse it is when you have to stop and face reality again. It's either more booze, benzos or at least 24 hours of a living hell. I really wonder how people drink normally without all this shit.

God i know what you mean. Here it's the slamming of the front door..

withdrawal. amped up nervous system. rebound effect, opposite of the alcohol.

how to stop ?

i take antidepressants they help allot. I'm at day 3 to man. stay stronk

taper down rather than just stop drinking. use regular stength beers, drunken slowly, to ease your body down to normal. no morw than one beer per hour. only enough to feel OK.

cant stand beer tho, i only drink whiskey

I knew this kid who would slam steele reserves every night. He used to pay me like $5 to buy them for him because he was underage. Dude went to a party in the woods one night, got completely shit face, then passed out in a mud puddle and drowned. He was only 19.

I think about shit like that a lot now. Alcoholics always think they're going to quit one day, and they take for granted that they'll actually make it to that day. But, you never know when you're on your last chance, and trust me your last chance is in the mail. You never think about it, but I know so many drunks who died from simple shit like that, falling down the damn stairs seems to do in the most drunks. It's usually something simple, not some ungodly car accident or disease. I dunno, don't take it for granted, you never know when your time is going to be up. The one thing I can tell you is if you're reading this, then in this moment you still have a chance. After that, who's to say?

its just for the taper ya fruitloop

Getting a good shrink is rough. It took me probably 4 or 5 tries before I found one that got it. It's definitely worth it though. Don't hesitate to drop your shrink if he isn't doing it for you.

how longs it take to taper?

Not really. Red wine only, I’ll use it if I have to.
Managed to stumble to the shop, grabbed 4 cans, very nearly knocked a load of shit over and projectile vomited the instant I got out the door. Just got back, plan was to drink these and when they hit and I’m stable,go to get more. Just downed one though and puked back every drop. I’m having a very bad day.

Sounds like you got old, but you are sober enough to realise.
The feet thing may be dye to circulation, try and do some exercise and go for long walks 20m+ should do.
Night sweats, is that due to anxiety, see a doctor if it has been longer than 3 months but he will probably but you on meds and that will most likely lead back to the liquor.

2 days sober here, cant sleep, but damn it feels good not to shit 6+ times a day.

My local liquor store was in a grocery store, it was way in the back, and it's own little room. So I can't count how many times I'd be there at opening, 9 am, and you'd have to walk passed all the old ladies shopping, looking like shit, half drunk and half hungover, not bathed or shaved, and they always knew exactly where you were going.

I always wondered why the fuck they put that damn store way in the back, put it up by the entrance! Or....I guess people would just rob it then.

google hams taper. we all use that site here on alck. it takes about 72 hours until things get better. sometimes sooner sometimes later. i usually finish a taper in 3 days. on day 4 no beers and feeling ok.