What's a good poorfag lunch I could make at home everyday?

What's a good poorfag lunch I could make at home everyday?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CvKQNLdMr48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you were smart you'd make a very large good meal on your day off and portion it out for the week.

There's already a poorfag thread.
Learn to use the catalog, newfaggot.

Can you give me an example of a very large good meal to make on my day off?

I did use the catalog. I deliberately did not want to post in that thread

I typically do chicken breasts (seasoned or marinaded however you like) broccoli, and potatoes (typically mashed). Portion them into containers like this, can make five excellent meals for a net cost of like $6.

true but the other poorfag thread is mostly me and others arguing about whether or not poverty is escape-able and who's fault it is for being poor

chickem nooble soup

A reminder that if you are poor you shouldn't be spending money in figurines and other useless objects. This is something that has pissed me off for years. People claim to be poor but have 1000 games on steam, always have discord nitro, and buy $60-$300 figurines.

interesting thanks for sharing

>poorfag
>buys expensive toys
???

It even has an easy open top for you.

>discord nitro
they deserve to be poor

>Poor people are poor because they have bad spending habits
What an epiphany

How about sandwiches and Maruchan instant cup noodles. Just buy the sandwich stuff at the 99 cents store and the Maruchan anywhere they’re cheap.

>Durrrr meal prep.

Easiest way to get tired of what you're fucking eating and go blow $5.00 on McDoubles.

>five excellent meals for a net cost of like $6.
No you fucking can't. If you eat ~300g of chicken per meal, that's already ~3.5 lbs of chicken breast.

>mixing your unit systems
You're never getting published, user.

youtu.be/CvKQNLdMr48

Are you people dumb

Look at the filename, it's a saved image from Veeky Forums. I don't have any anime dolls

Buy a whole bag of chicken breasts or thighs and cook them all at once. Either on the grill, stove and oven method, or in a slow cooker with salsa.

Buy weeks supply of rice or pasta of choice. Eat with salt pepper and red pepper flakes.

Potatoes in a sack. Boil them, fry them, or bake them.

Canned tuna for cheap lean protein
Ground beef for a cheap fat protein

Pick one fruit and one vegetable that you like that is also on sale

Flour for recipes and if you have a day to prepare, can make your own bread, buiscuts, tortillas, pita, cakes, etc

Eggs cheapest source of protein

Pinto beans, soak over night or while away, and cook in a pot with water.

Milk

If you are really poor, I recommend you find cooking with Boris on YouTube.

Big ol' pot o' soup. You make one big pot, you eat for a week. Bring it to work in a thermos, or heat it up in the break-room microwave. There's a million, billion recipes for soup from every country on the planet.

Soup is dirt-cheap, easy to make in bulk, and every cuisine alive has several recipes to pick from. You like American? Italian? French? Indian? Chinese? Japanese? Thai? Ethiopian? Mexican? Whatever, everybody has a soup recipe that's cheap, easy, and tasty to make and eat.

Buy your mirepoix (carrots, onions,and celery, it costs maybe $4 at the most), make a big pot full of soup, then portion it out in freezer bags. Eat some, freeze the rest. Then make a different soup the next day, and the day after that. Then you have three different lunches you made for yourself for the next month.

Carrots, onions, celery, water, bones & carcasses, salt and pepper: That's the beginning to make your own stock. That's where a good soup comes from.

I have a few ham shanks sitting in my freezer right now, and a bag full of navy beans. Ham shanks are the bones and fatty bits from a pig's leg. Not really edible on their own, but stew them so that the marrow and porky-goodness comes out into some beans, along with some legit ham and some cornbread, and you're in business!

Nice blog, faggot.
>bloo bloo bloo poor people aren't allowed to spend $5 on themselves, they should have to suffer like I do

He never even said that though. He has a problem with people who buy lots of them/spends lots of money on them. I'm sure that he wouldn't mind if someone ate a bowl of ice cream once in awhile; he probably minds it, however, when someone complains about their weight but eats a gallon of ice cream a week.

What you are saying is true. Potato soup is my personal favorite on the cheap side

kraut and deenz

Rice with mayonnaise

No, that's exactly what he said. First sentence.
>shouldn't be spending money in figurines and other useless objects
If you want to go further, the rest of his post is wrong because
>Games on Steam can be $10, $5, $1, or even free, or come in bundles
>Discord Nitro is five fucking dollars a month
>Figs can be any price, you can pick up shitty prize figs, or pick up used/damaged box figs for cheap
If you think $5 a month is breaking the bank, you have your head up your ass and don't know the difference between being poor, broke, and completely destitute. I have a decent apartment and some nice things of my own but I'm still eligible for benefits because I'm under the 200% poverty level requirement.

head of lettuce- 1 dollar
Loaf of bread- 1 dollar
Faux cheese/ singles- 2 dollars

Now for the meat. You could buy cheap bologna for another dollar, but that gets boring. Personally, I like buying organ meats and slicing them to make my own sandwich meat. You can get a pack of beef hearts for about 4 dollars, and it’ll make enough sandwiches for a week or two.

He specified the price of the figurines (mind you I know nothing about their cost so I'm just using his numbers):
>and buy $60-$300 figurines.

He also specified having a library of 1000's of games; one can assume that he's implying that most are paid for. Even if we assume that there are 500 games and half are paid for at an average cost of $3, that's $1500 worth of games which are quite a bit.

All I'm saying is that I don't think he should really get too much flak for his post.

His numbers are assumptions and hyperbole, based on what he thinks those things cost in his mind. The fact that he thinks Discord Nitro is some expensive luxury is evidence enough of this.
The bitter "fuck poor people they don't deserve nice things" hate is all over his post. He's probably a late-20/early-30s something with boomer parents that rubbed off on him.

If you need a cheap option that anyone can use anywhere this is actually acceptable...once you realize just how few choices there are to begin with.

Then don't eat that much. The chicken is just there for the protons, you get the bulk of your calories from the cheaper food. I only use two to two and a half pounds.

The world needs ditchdiggers too