Can i put jars in the freezer?

Can i put jars in the freezer?
I made some beef stew, but i made way too much.I was thinking about putting it in old jars, freezing it and eat it again in a month or so.I called my mom asking her what to do, but she told me that the jars may shatter when frozen.Is this even possible, seems quite unlikely to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/soups.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Can i put jars in the freezer?

Put that same phrase on a search engine like google. You're welcome

Because glass is technically a liquid, it's best to store all your jars in the freezer, even when empty

you can just keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days, until you finish it
freezing stew is retarded

the sauce will expand when frozen, thereby shattering the jar if you've overfilled it

>freezing stew is retarded

Actually you're retarded.

Glass is not 'technically' a liquid. It's an amorphous solid.
Research before you post next time, user, it'll stop you looking like a retard in front of the entire internet.
Retard.

What an embarrassingly stupid post

just get those ziploc/glad/store brand plastic containers for like 2$ for 4 of them which are freezer/microwave safe

Might want to brush up on your physics, namefag.
>tl;dr you're a retard.

Okay, i put it in jars, it looks like this, theres no much liquid and sauce, so it should be fine, right?

>glass is technically a liquid

looks a bit overfull to me, take some out

That's too much. Your jar will break. Leave about 1/5 of the jar for expansion during the freezing process. It's also often better to freeze it on its side.

Youll be fine, pussy

Get a pressure cooker and learn to can, faggot.

>namefag is a retard
figures

I heard that our boy ja/ck/ has a video on how to can food.

Whatever that fagfuck does, do the opposite. Seriously canning stew is a piece of cake with a pressure cooker.

nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/soups.html

i heard that his method was so dangerous that he had to take it off youtube.

you literally can get botulism and a really fucking painful death this way

Of course it's possible. Use plastic bags instead.
I've read that mason jars are safe for freezing if you leave headspace for the liquid to expand as it freezes, but I still wouldn't do it.

Your mom is correct, you dumb fuck

>jars are safe for freezing if you leave headspace for the liquid to expand as it freezes
This. Glass does not just magically shatter when cooled, the expansion of the water in the food being frozen is what breaks jars (also plastic bags or plastic jars).

i think of how a moka pot works. even if there's room in the jar for the piquid to expand it would still be applying pressure to the air in there. so i'd freeze glass with the lid off until it's frozen. but i'm paranoid, and would rather err on the side of caution.

fyi, i've frozen leftover sauce twice in my life and that was in plastic, so yea.

>Because glass is technically a liquid, it's best to store all your jars in the freezer, even when empty
The absolute state of Veeky Forums

do this
or this

don't be stupid op.