ITT: Foods that you expected to be better than they ended up being

I mean, it was still decent but way milder in tangy and savoury flavour than I thought I was going to get.

Try it with Worcestershire sauce.

sauerkraut is banging mate
sautee it with some sausage and a little onion
i bought a guava once. it smelled amazing, but it tasted of nothing

dragon fruit. oh it literally tastes like nothing

I don't hate it, I just wish it was stronger. Maybe if I got some that was fermented for longer.

Pretty much any seafood

The taste of Sauerkraut depends entirely on how you make it, there can be pretty extreme differences depending on what you add during the fermentation process and how long you let it sit.
Just try a different brand if you bought it or experiment a bit if you made it yourself.
My grandma always used white wine, threw a small amount of shredded onions and apples in there, and seasoned it with laurels, juniper, and caraway.

i don't know, i've never really been able to get into crab. everyone talks about crab meat like it's god's gift to the world but i would rather eat shrimp or scallops any day of the week

get the purple ones, their flavor is a little stronger. like a more mellow kiwi

Pussy

>OMG LMAO HE SAID IT

Seriously tho, fucking seriously. We spend all our time hyping it up, fucking killing ourselfs for it. and it's fucking nothing. And no i'm not talking about the taste.

Depends on who you fuck

Eggs, this, sausages, butter, mustard and toasted black bread. And cider to wash it down.

this is what it's like eating long-shipped or otherwise non-tropical grown dragonfruit.

you gotta go to asia for the real shit

Fake news. I used to live in China and its the same deal.

Did you get the shitty pasteurized kind? Buy Bubbies brand, you will find it in the refrigerator, possibly near the eggs

yeah, the different brand vary, and obviously there is homemade stuff if you can get it
there is one brand, i forget the name, but it's just too damn salty it's inedible for me
Krakus is a top brand if you can get it

My childhood home had a tree that grew the the smaller yellow species of guava. They were like tangy, sweet little berries. Unfortunately the birds usually got to them pretty fast so we were lucky to get much each season.

bubbies is trash

I love the taste of pussy.
If pussy has no taste to you you probably should eat less refined sugar.

>. I used to live in China
well la de da

Krakus and Pamapol -- seconded.

I cannot relate to you OP. I could eat the kraut with every meal. Shit is good, maN.

Burger king wooper (still relativelly new/rare there).
mayo in a burger just isn't my thing

Buy some good sausage, preferably of german or eastern european origin, eat with mustard and kraut in one delicious bite.

It's fine on it's own, but it really shines when combined with some good mustard and sausage.