Liverwurst. More like liver BEST, right?

Liverwurst. More like liver BEST, right?

So say I made a sandwich with liverwurst, sliced dill pickle, capers, and cheddar. That is the best sandwich possible in my experience. How would I make that even better?

I actually did try ranch sauce once and, no, that's not a good addition at all.

I don't really understand how to make something tasty out of ingredients that just taste like salt. I'd rather get pate.

Get quality liverwurst, capers, pickle, and cheese, my friend. They don't taste like salt.

this. althoug i would replace capers with raw onion. and always get chunky LW

More like braunschweiger, lightly-toasted pumpernickel, butter, stone-ground mustard, herb havarti, and thinly sliced red onions!

Liver doesn't taste like salt.

That's the classic, though I prefer rye and leave off the butter.

The best combo is, in this order,
>lightly toasted light rye bread (I'm talking barely toasted at all)
>butter, liverwurst
>spicy mustard
>sliced yellow onion
>sweet and sour pickles(like bread and butter pickles)
Perfect balance of fatty/salty/hot/sweet/sour

More like, LiverWORST.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Fine choice, nice to see people with good taste for once

It's a good start, but try adding a single slice of brawn and some thinly sliced cucumbers to take the edge off. Wash it down with some cheap low hop beer for an elevated experience.

Sun dried tomatoes.

My Mom's favorite sandwich was liverwurst, pickled beets, mayonnaise and American cheese on toasted cinnamon raisin bread.

>all that stuff on cinnamon raisin bread
I don't know if I can fucks with that, I mean I would still try it.

It's alright but I prefer teewurst

butter liverwurst black paper

Really helps out the liver when living on a vodka diet.

It's true. Sadly I went to the dentist for the first time in probably 7 or 8 years for a deep cleaning and it turns out I have 2 cavities and am going to have to get a root canal.

Bummer I had a broken tooth that had to be removed, hop-sing the dentist removed it with a pair of pliers.

One of my favorites.
Pumpernickel or seeded rye, grainy mustard, a little horseradish, liverwurst, a sharp but nutty cheese, sliced red onion, sliced pickles. Delightful.

my german grandma gave my dad Schwarzenegger on bread with tomatoe onion and mustard. he liked it as a kid i thought it was basically the german american of a bars dog on wonder bread. but tastier.

I always did:
>Liverbest (BRAUNSHWEIGER MOTHERUFCKER)
>Rye
>Swiss
>dill pickle
>raw red or white onion
>german mustard
>s&p

This is the final boss of all sandwiches. Pic not related, but also tasty.

(liver best)
Laughed.
And I like liverwurst.
Getting weirder.

OP, the butter, originally intended to kind of keep bread from sogging out, has become a valuable flavor element too. When you make liver pate, for instance, there's a butter layer poured on top for preserving it. Dairyfat, mm.

So I too would leave off the capers, add the thinly sliced onion, whether vidalia or red, and think about sweet gherkins sometimes, dill other times, half sour other times, and change that up. The best bread in the world for braunschweiger and liverwurst is rye, pumpernickel and you're very lucky a really dense bread. Go to a bakery and get real bread, not just the pepperidge farm pump-rye swirl. My favorite mustard is inglehoffer grainy mustard that is missing that vinegar nature, just hot little popping mustard seeds on the tongue, delicious, but if you can't get some good german mustard, brit mustard will do, as well jewish deli batampe, creole mustard. If you're really going to exclude butter from your diet, a smidge of creamy horseradish mayo wouldn't be insane to be added.

Wanna prep ahead some sandwich toppings? Delicious cold leftover caramelized veggies go quite nicely. Some roasted onion, bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, sliced and layered make an extremely nice sandwich topping. Know about the banh mi? The liver pate in that crusty good sandwich sub goes very nicely with dressed greens, pickled onions, even grilled chicken. Cilantro, lemongrass, fish sauce even. It's good.

Pic related. Chopped liver (jewish deli style) is my achillies heel. I can eat a whole batch of it. Slightly sweet from caramelized onions. Slightly eggy from hard boiled eggs. It's heavenly rich in liver flavor. I like spreading it on triscuits best of all.

Not a bad post overall, but I don't think sweet gherkins would be an appropriate match.

Pan-fried liverwurst/braunschweiger sandwich with Worcestershire sauce-sauteed onions. NOM.