What's your favourite Mushroom, Veeky Forums?

For me it's the Chanterelle - gorgeous flavour and a childhood of picking them innawoods

Other urls found in this thread:

shroomery.org/9377/Mushroom-meals
shroomery.org/6226
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a simple guy

This on e from picture. It never has any worms on it (besides snails). So it is safe to buy in market. It is also delicious with chicken, or in soup.

I am too lazy (and inexperienced) to collect mushrooms myself, anything bought will have worms, this one is worm free, so only mushroom i dare to buy.

Golden teachers, anyone that says otherwise is a fucking idiot. They go great with a full English breakfast or in an omlette

Super fresh white/button mushrooms.

Love that sweet, subtle flavor. Portobellos (same specie, fully grown) don't have it.

I am not even a vegetarian but a giant portabello cap on a bun prepared like a burger is fucking delicious

For me it's Pleurotus eryngii. Pretty tasty desu.

best:
plain white buttons 4me
a little ground dried porcini adds a lot of flavor

ok tier:
shiitake, good flavor, too leathery in both fresh and reconstituted states
oyster/king, don't last too long refrigerated, ok flavor
mouse ear/black fungus, just for texture alone, not much flavor

For me it is the psilocybe cubensis, the best mushroom

my favourite mushroom is garlic

I'd like to get into mushrooms more, but the only ones I can afford are the plain ass white buttons because all the others are expensive as fuck

Except psilocybin denatures at 207° F. Retard.

Do it the other way around too, use two portabellos as buns for a juicy burger... Fucking awesome

>be mushroom enthusiast
>pick out new mushroom at store
>forget the name
>checker asks "what kind of mushroom is this"
>"uhh, I dunno, trumpet or something"
>rings up king oyster as brown swiss button
>get fancy mushrooms 50 percent off

Fucking idiot lmao

Morel mushrooms, without a doubt.

Love morels as well.

Black Trumpets are a very close second.

Beat me too it. Morels were the mushroom that got me into hunting mycological delights.

For me it is the McChicken of the woods. The best Laetiporus mushroom.

These lil muh-fuhs

These are good but I find that they're a bitch to clean.

gr8 taste

You can still cook Cubensis at low temp. Remember reading somewhere about that the lowest temp to cook eggs at is recommended.
There's even recipes for them over at the shroomery. Retard.

Every mushroom (at least by itself) I've tried just tastes weird and rubbery to me. Am I doing something horribly wrong?

i like you

You need to sauté with no oil to evaporate the moisture out before you add any fat. And use butter, not oil

Cepes

you guys must live in real interesting places if you can just find this shit

Enjoy your boiled hippie fungus.

Don't go out much but I love these when I find em

I'm far from a hippie, and I hate hippies. They stink and have ridiculous opinions.
I just like seeing life in a different perspective than normal.

And when was boiling ever mentioned?

Aside from that, I plan to follow, and tweak it a little, this curry recipe for my fresh cubes:
shroomery.org/9377/Mushroom-meals

And here's a bunch of other recipes that don't necessarily require a lot of heat, if any.
shroomery.org/6226

I grew up hunting for morels in spring. Dad would bread them in flour and fry in butter. They always tasted great as a pre-dinner snack.

When I was a kid I never really liked mushrooms because my first introduction was to canned, sliced button mushrooms, which are gross. Now I'm pretty open. They can give a nice earthy, meaty flavor to things.

>tfw know all these mushrooms with comfy and simple names of my native tongue
>it's just latin bullshit or disappointing name in english
Well brain mushroom is at least great in name and taste

Pine mushrooms/matsutakes are probably my favorites, but it's super hard to pick one favorite. Morels, black trumpets, lobsters, and hedgehog mushrooms are all up there.

this is too hard.
chantarelles,Suillus luteus (slippery jack), oyster mushroom, Gyromitra esculenta or penny bun (Boletus edulis)

I'm so excited to go picking morels this year. I like em dipped in egg and lightly battered, and they make a great pizza topping.

This thread is /comfy/

Currently growing my own mushrooms, ashame they spored on themselves before I could pick them.

Was away for a few days then they decided to cum on themselves.

Tasty none the less but the spores add a bitter taste which does work nice

Currently growing my own mushrooms, ashame they spored on themselves before I could pick them.

Was away for a few days then they decided to cum on themselves.

Tasty none the less but the spores add a bitter taste which does work nice

Thanks phone, told me it didn't post.

Here are the ones that didn't prematurely ejaculate.

It grew from under the car in the parking lot.

I've found plenty of tasty boiz and I live in the suburbs of los angeles

For me it's a nice big head of Maitake sauteed in butter. fuck yes.

tips on where/how to find morels? always loved the mushroom, never picked it though.

What about a cheeky burger/portabello double cheeseburger on a bun?

Primitive man, is that you?

>gorgeous flavour

I love frying up enoki and topping them on everything.

Enoki checking in. I use these a few times a week.

what type are they?

>tfw haven’t tried very many different mushrooms in my life

I like porcini best of what I tried. When my lion’s mane fruits, I’ll get back you on that.

They're good in miso soup

Very jealous of people who actually learned interesting skills as a child, alas my family is unenthusiastic to all forms of learning & labor. Where do you all live? What was it like foraging and cooking obscure foods as a child?

This doesn't require skill, as long as you have a brain and eyes you can easily identify most edible mushrooms and steer clear from poisonous ones.

oyster sauted in butter

Puffballs.

oishiiwa~

Hedgehog

kek

somewhat this, although it requires knowledge.
just by looking at let's say morel, one might think it isn't edible and yet it is, delicious too.