Australia Day

So Friday the 26th of January is Australia Day.

How are you guys going to be celebrating?

What are you going to be drinking?

What are you going to be eating?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VPBtyb1ZuRw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
liveleak.com/view?i=2c7_1427953916
youtube.com/watch?v=uvOTWb9fpN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I need to stop drinking but I'll probably still have half a handle. Maybe I'll watch Quigley Down Under.

What is australia, and why should I care?

Gotta run some samples in the lab after which will probably try my best to drink a slab of Hollandia.

Drinking some VB and eating some Winnie Blues.

australia day is racist.

You guys should go kill poisonous and deadly animals together every Australia Day. It would be pretty cool.

tomato sauce is ketchup

Nice can of Fosters and a trip to Outback for a bloomin' onion

Lamb prices just went up. It's like petrol before a long weekend.

I'm probably gonna get a kebab somewhere because some wog on the telly told me that I'd be unAustralian if I didn't eat lamb on the day.
Actually fuck that guy. I'm gonna fry up some kangaBangas.

What's your point?

Watch Australian movies all day. The New Wave ones from the 70s and 80s.

Wake in Fright 1971
Razorback 1984
The Year of Living Dangerously 1982
Dead-End Drive Inn 1986
Stone 1974
Mad Dog Morgan 1976
Mad Max 1979

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=VPBtyb1ZuRw

Bad Boy Bubby is one to watch if you haven't already.

No Chopper? Ya cunt.

How do you cunts celebrate Sorry Day?

>Australians
>Celebrating Canadian holidays
You're daft.

>The day we separated from Britain in 1901 and became an independent nation
>Coincidentally the day we got here in the first place
>Racist
Go back to begging for durries and bus money then try not losing a war next time, cunt.

>Independent nation
>Still worship the queen
You almost made me kek.

Apparently it's some kind of sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains. Of ragged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.

I dunno, doesn't sound that great desu.

>Seppo logic

Federation was on the 1st, not the 26th.

Aussie expat here. I usually do some sort of BBQ and beers for Straya Day while listening to the Hottest 100 but now the poofters have moved the countdown in probably not gonna celebrate it anymore.
Australia's gone to shit anyway.

Yeah but we celebrate it on Australia day.
You guys gotta stop pandering to limp-wristed cucks and tell em to fuck off on this "das wasist" shit.

Commonwealth is just pandering to the mob that the empire died. You have to fight for independence. Technically you belong to the Brits and Emus.

Gonna head down to a local beach for a swim and some public drinking with a few mates.
Light a fire in the backyard when I get back home and cook some meat on it and get drunk.

Technically no Aboriginal society has ever ceded ownership, so by international law the war is ongoing and the Brits own nothing.

>The New Wave ones from the 70s and 80s.

Those are good ones too though.

What about romper stomper

I'll be going to Outback Steakhouse and ordering a bloomin onion and a few pints of Foster's to wash it down m8

Don't forget to have barbecued shrimp mate

>Those are good ones too though.
Yeah, that one is awesome too.
I just really like the cinema from the 70s and 80s.
They were just pumping out awesome movies during that era. Just a slew of super masculine films (not unlike ) that really made US think that all Aussies were bad ass, crazy redneck ppl not to be fucked with. Made Australians seem more exotic.

>try not losing a war
you white fellas lost to an army of emus.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

now give us a ciggie ya white cunt

Ayyyy let's throw anotha shrimp on tha bar-bai!

>US think that all Aussies were bad ass
Umm, I've lived my entire life in the US and have never heard anyone even imply that.

I live in the U.S. and that's the image I have. Maybe not full on redneck though. Aussies seem like bros desu. Rednecks are cunts

Cool, what kinda lab work do you do? Chemistry? Biochem? Micro/Immuno?

Really? I heard that it was to celebrate indigenous people, but I"m Americunt here so I don't know shit about the Land Down Under.

I think of them as comic relief, even Chopper Read is pretty cuddly.

It's to celebrate the day the convicts first arrived, which was a sad day for the Aborigines about to be displaced but a glorious day for our white ancestors who finally got a chance to start their lives of hard labour.

Same as every year mate.
Ill throw me some snags on the barbie get right pissed and shag a roo.

That was the impression I had of Australia, but over a decade of dealing with their retardation online has made me realize that they're all brain damaged.

Federation wasnt independence. The Commonwealth became independent when we ratified the statute of westminster in the forties and the states became independent when we passed the Australia Act in the eighties.

I see. Damn.

So, second question, is Australia as racist as the US? I've heard some shit about there.

They have some Asians, but Australia is pretty white.

I don't get it.

As racist? No.
Worse. We imported blacks to work...part of a then legal trade practiced by many countries. One hundred and fifty years ago we set them free and even sent some back to where they came from. Aussies just sorta showed up in someone elses backyard and started abusing raping torturing starving and otherwise being very disrespectful to a culture that had been there thousands of years before whitie. Many of these goverment sanctioned discriminatory practices were still taking place as recently as fourty years ago.

I got my first impression of the united states from watching Hollywood movies as a kid but then I grew up and learned the truth. Now I wonder if you guys could ever be as "great" as your movies depict.

If Australians are so brain damaged then how did we manage to cuck the united states into taking our leftover refugees? Even after your president refered to that deal as the "worst deal ever". Especially after he was elected for his tough talk on extreme vetting and immigration. He still takes out our trash.

Don't ever forget that. America is Australia's bitch.
You shouldn't start fights you can't win.

Is it true what they say about australians being mosty the inbred offspring of whores and thieves?

>I've lived my entire life in the US
Were you alive in the 70s-80s?
Because it was a thing.

Well, their politics have changed for sure. It was a different time. They lost their guns but held on to their banter. It's not brain damage, they're just fucking with you.

Celebrating how every dinkum Australian should, cocaine, beers and mates. Anything less would be simply unaustralian

>It's not brain damage, they're just fucking with you.
See for example.

No. Only in NSW, Queensland and Tasmania. In Victoria the convict bloodlines were heavily diluted early on by a surge of immigration during the gold rush. Other areas were never populated by convicts.

It's true that indigenous Australians are very oppressed to this day but it was my great great great great ancestors that came here and abused them, not me.
Even if England didn't come here and populate the country someone else would've.
If the Japanese found Australia first the aborigines wouldn't even be around today.

>You shouldn't start fights you can't win
He says from a country that lost to birds.

>it was a thing.
No it wasnt fucktard.
It was two movies and their sequels.
Mad Max and Crocodile Dundee.
The only thing aussie gave us after that was the voice of Outback and some asshole selling crappy kitchen gadgets on tv at 3am.

And to be fair, Mad Max was a gay S&M fantasy movie at its core.

ok, John Howard, I believe you. It has nothing to do with us anymore.

Oh yeah...seriously.
No homo

gonna go get some dim sum with a couple mates

[Deleted] came across as too hostile. proofread in future. plus that user gave no indication of origin. my bad.

>No it wasnt
Yes it was.

>You have to fight for independence
Clearly not. What is with the seppo fixation on their shitflinging chimpout as the only way a country can seceed.

>they're only pretending to be retarded

No, it fucking doesn't. You faggot

Do Aussies ever watch the Ceech Marin film Shrimp on the Barbie? That's how I picture Aussies.

Of course it doesn't.

t. self hating melbourne cuck

Please, show me all the gay S&M stuff in Mad Max. Not The Road Warrior. Mad Max.

"Push me, push you. Oh yeah, says who?"

The bikies were rape dominating everybody they could get their hands on, bro.

>Deflect your way to victory, m8s

One of the lead characters was a trap.

That's Beyond Thunderdome.

Gonna go down the pub and have a few beers and a parmigiana.

You reckon? Bone-in lamb legs are $8/kilo at Coles (in Tassie at least).

>not mentioning Turkey Shoot or Fair Game
Disgusting.

Technically there was never a declaration of war against the Emu nation, so get fucked.
In any case, in the 1970's, the RAAF used Hueys with miniguns to cull emu packs from the air with great success, using techniques learned from culling large numbers of slants in Vietnam.
It's not well known, but as my father was one of the Flight Officers responsible for about 400 Vietcong and a whole lot of emus, I have the story straight from the horse's mouth.

see I shouldn't shitpost while sober, I'm much better at it when drunk.

Outside of Sydney and Melbourne it's pretty white.

Break a deal, face the wheel.

>I have the story straight from the horse's mouth.
not sure why you included me in your bird war reply.
>I have the story straight from the horse's mouth.
Nice try, but there wasn't cavalry in the Viet Nam happyfuntime.
PLz drink more b4 attempting bants.

> How are you guys going to be celebrating?
Will probably spend the day working on a vidya game or shit posting in /agdg/
> What are you going to be drinking?
a troubadour westkust even though its belgium, also some citra pale ale and smokey porter i homebrewed
>What are you going to be eating?
pancakes for breky with bacon and a gnocchi bake for dinner

liveleak.com/view?i=2c7_1427953916

You might want to look up 9 Squadron RAAF before you post again. My dad would be pretty surprised to discover the squadron he flew for didn’t actually go to Vietnam.

Australia has mountains?

>he celebrates Invasion Day

>he's a melbournite cuck

Hmmm.

Ah fuck, didn't quote

There’s some fuckery going on with quotes at the moment user.

sure does senpai

some folks would call them hills though... tallest one is ~ 2200 m

slab of vb in Carlton gardens, see you cunts there

Chem lab, I fucked up and didn't plan out the experiment properly over 2 weeks.

Has Australia ever produced anything good other than Yahoo Serious?

youtube.com/watch?v=uvOTWb9fpN8

gunna head down to the shops and grab some lamb chops and sausages. think I got onions and bread. have to have a sausage sanga on Australia day or it just doesn't feel right

Kangaroo tastes pretty bad and makes me fart a lot.

no Alvin Purple on that list
>why

Where are the rapist kangaroos, thats some bullshit map senpai.

mate, you can change the name to invasion day, I'll still be here having the day off work, eating burnt barbequed sausages on white bread with tomato sauce and drinking till I can't see straight. Really, you actually want fuckloads of aussies going out and getting pissed to celebrate INVASION DAY?

They already do. That's the point. It is not the anniversary of anything else, no matter what you call it.