You losers will argue about anything, so what is the best vegetable peeler and why is it this?

You losers will argue about anything, so what is the best vegetable peeler and why is it this?

It's that. Also you're a cunt.

Bullshit. Peelers are just training wheels for people who can't use a paring knife.

Vegetable peelers are for fat americans whos fingers are too fat to use a knife with percision.

Khun rikon faggot

ok lets see you peel a 50 pound bag of potatoes with a paring knife in under a half hour

Its the y peeler OP

Why the fuck would you buy them in a bag?!
Get
>clap
Them
>clap
Boxed
>clap

I can't believe the level of retardation here.

>using an objectively more effective and more efficient device is worse because I cling to outdated traditions

Why peel them? I don't understand.

Good luck sharpening your peeler once it’s edge wears out you fucking consumerist faggot, i literally hope you get anally and orally raped in that order you fucking cunt.

nice argument, by the time a $15 peeler wears out I'll have gotten way more value and use out of it compared to some heirloom knife you feel the need to endlessly maintain.

you do realize the time you save in not only the act of peeling but also not needing to regularly maintain the peeler is the point. that's what progress and innovation is.

also you're silly for gaping your butt over other people peeling vegetables faster and more efficiently than you.

>not eating carrots and potatoes with the skin on
>deliberately avoiding most nutritious part

losers

Archaeologists are going to be digging your peelers out of the trash and laughing at this primitive society that created such mountains of waste simply to save a bit of time.

WTF are you talking about and regardless, how would their packaging make any difference in how fast you could peel them? Potatoes always come loose or in a bag/sack in the states hence the term “sack of potatoes” or the childhood race “in a potato sack”. I assume you are not from the states and they are sold in a box where you are, but why does that make someone retarded?

nah they'll be mesmerized by it, they'll categorize all of the various peeler types meticulously, catalogue them in their database and then set up an exhibit where they explain to visitors all of the quaint little innovations of the 20th and 21st centuries.

I mean they do that for hair combs from the 4th century BC today so vegetable peelers a millennia from now will be a pretty big deal in americanophile circles and curating organizations.

Doesn’t have to be potatoes and doesn’t have to be russet potatoes specifically.

honestly having them in a box sounds retarded unless it's that dehydrated instant stuff.

50 pound boxes are easier to carry to and from the prep kitchen

>You losers will argue about anything

faggot.

Boxes ship better than bags. Even your 3 and 10 pound bags are shipped in boxes.
Gone are the days of farmer john shipping his taters in the back of a pick up.

The best peeler is a serrated one.
Y'all fags know fucking nothing with these meme peelers

This

see
much better. more ergonomic.

how long do you think a peeler lasts? they last forever.

Ceramic or go fuck your mother.

>Drops on the ground one time
>Completely fucked

semantics they come in both
I don't control what comes in the truck

good boy

>I don't control what comes in the truck
t. soyboy

I've never used it in a professional setting, but I've had one for a decade now and think it's great, though definitely not a workhorse.

They come in both in the States. I personally prefer boxes.

t. actually work in a place that gets things in 50# quantities

That's what I was saying, but this is a
>You losers will argue about anything
thread, so
why don't you just get plastic carrier boxes and dump the potatoes into them? How fucking lazy are you?

>why don't you just get plastic carrier boxes and dump the potatoes into them

For what purpose?

its called a lexan

Because they're easier to carry around.
No, the ones I'm talking about aren't name brand plastic containers. They're free from broadliners.

>they're easier to carry around

Why the fuck are carrying around 50#'s of potatoes all the time? Stick the box under a prep table with the sacks of onions like everyone else in the world. You're just needlessly dirtying a plastic tub. Also cardboard isn't heavier than plastic, and the handles on cardboard boxes work just fine.

lexan is just polycarbonate

no you put them in plastic tubs because leaving them in cardboard boxes is for scrubs

In alot of US states they can't stay in the boxes as that attracts bugs and can get wet causing mold growth so you have to transfer them to a better container (commonly lexans) by law

Because we aren't a mom and pop operation.
>plastic tub
You idiot. They're like milk crates. You can wash whole tubs of them with free rinse. I don't know why you are alive. Useless.
No it isn't.

CDC doesn't allow cardboard because rats and other vermin, but you are wrong.

yes it is.
Also you guys are mostly all right we're arguing over nothing.

>No it isn't.

I've sliced part of my finger off with one of those when it slippe, and the joints rust easily.

>Vegetable peelers are for fat americans whos fingers are too fat to use a knife with percision.

Forgive me but it's been a long time since I've hung out on /ck / but am I right to assume that these type of people are the same as anime fans who insist their KATANA IS FOLDED OVER A 1000 TIMES AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST WEAPON, They're those types of people aren't they?

Don't worry, If it helps then I'm sure they sell a Japanese peeler. Maybe that will help you move on?

Pic related, it's you isn't it?

The Veeky Forums version of that used to be ulu posters.

getting this bad boy in the mail as we speak

Never tried a peeler like that, how does it feel compared to the vertical peeler?

this is the true answer

I'll let you know in a few days

Is there any way to sharpen a peeler blade?

This right here.

A good one of these is vastly better than anything else I have ever used.

peel a whetstone

What's different about it other than having a weird handle?

This. You can sharpen a peel on a whetstone. Just be gentle so you don't fuck the other side.

I thought about doing it
but it's a $1 item

I buy my potatoes out of the back of some farmers pick up.

I prefer these as well, but prefer ones that don't rotate.

That's a pretty good peeler OP, can't argue with that

>plastic handel
No thanks.
That basic style cant be beat though

And they are cheap

Handle is rubberized M80

holy shit you guys are all retards, it's obviously this

the fat handle looks awkward to maneuver

What do you need to peel? The skin is always fine to me.

/thread

>he peels his own vegetables
Guess your wife wears the pants, huh faggot?

I have peeled a few tons of tatties in my life with one of these and would be inclined to agree. Can also be sharpened on the back of a ceramic mug.
Also costs 10 quid for a pack of 25

>not buying your potatoes one at a time in a single serving size

Plebs.

>sack of onion
Are you fucking retarded? Onions come in boxes where I live

the skin is the best part

What a twat place to live

It that fish and chips for bong hipsters?

Get ready for a sore ass arm. If you work in a professional kitchen and you have to peel a crate of potatoes or something in less than 10 minutes, you are gonna wanna throw that thing away.
Bought Kuhn Rikon 3 pack on amazon and I left that clunky piece of shit in the garbage.

Try peeling a butternut squash without using that, faggot. But you probably work in a place that the clientele considers butternut squash to be hi-falutin' pretentious, hipster commiefornia shit, so you don't serve it, right?

>Kuhn Rikon 3 pack
you have 3 arms niqqa?

Yes and im very sensitive about my disfigurement despite its usefulness in the kitchen and bedroom. Please no bully.

Thank fuck we don't just use a knife anymore like some bunch of retards that don't like their thumbs. I think we can all agree with that.

>rotate

Why would you even?

makes a boring task more exciting, like a little game to see how many chunks of your fingers you cut off by the end of prep