How do you rate Veeky Forums?

How do you rate Veeky Forums?

kill me

fuck kombucha. if i wanted to drink fermented water i'd go swim in the ganges

What I won't eat: brains, bush meat, insects*, arachnids.

*might eat them if prepared right. Like ants in chocolate.

2 brussels sprouts
Eggplant
Not fond of ep but ill eat it. Everything else mostly depends on preparation, picky but ill eat it.

What the fuck is kombucha?
Is it the new soyboy fad?

3, everything across the bottom row

Fermented "tea"
Like drinking vinegar.

Does this mean like raw onion or raw tomato etc? I got 22 if so, but Im fine with some of them if in sauces or mixed well enough to hide texture

Tomatoes.
I will eat them cooked, but I can't do raw.
I have tried, but can't get the bite down.

0, idk why you would limit yourself like that

1 point because shrimp is legitimately disgusting.

Pickles
Bleh cheese
Oysters

Tofu is for homos

I do assume that when you say WON'T eat, you mean at all, regardless of how it's cooked, what its accompanied by, etc.

Zero. Never had kombucha but I'd try it.

25, haven't even tried 19 of these

I'd rather not drink kombucha, never found it to be to to my liking, even after trying it on several occasions. But if for some reason I needed to, say in a social situation where declining it would be rude, I wouldn't have an issue drinking it.

>22
Jesus Christ, get your shit sorted out.

0, how the fuck do you people enjoy cooking when you're so picky?

>haven't even tried 19 of these
how is that even possible? do you live in a bubble?

2, both kinds of olive
olives are shit
people who like olives are shit

I got a phobia of trying foods, my diet is basically that of a 5 year old and I get crazy anxiety and a gag reflex when I even attempt to try a new food.

sucks, but why are you on this board? genuinely curious

0, but I've had some nasty kombucha as often as I've had some enjoyable kombucha. I've had some shitty tofu, too, but seeing as it's so bland, it's hard to truly hate it, even at its worst (kind of like Canada).

I wish I could like this shit because some of the things they can be used in seem popular but I just dont. I have tried everything but kombucha (dont like tea and think it is similar?) and can safely say they are disgusting to me. Only things I like on this list are pickles, green olives, broccoli, dark chocolate, blue cheese, mustard, beans, and raisins

I like the fast food and alcohol threads.

2, Mayo and kombucha

Oysters and grapefruit. Paranoid about food sickness and grapefruit is disgusting

so you're cancer

Grapefruit tastes like ass. It smells gr8 tho

0 or 3, depending on the criteria. There are ways I'll eat cabbage, celery, and raisins, but I'll generally avoid foods with them if the dish is based on them.

>not eating normal foods

Only one I don't know about is kombucha. Never tried it but it's just tea, so I guess 0 points.

>olives

Taste like greasy dirt

4 guess im not that picky

4. Not too bad I guess.

Zucchini was one of the only things I was picky about as a child (aside from spicy stuff because low tolerance), but it's all about the preparation, and now I love it. Most of that list are things that I regularly buy and choose to eat - most of it seems like everyday foods most people eat; weird.

I get a 1 because I'm on some medication that doesn't allow me to consume grapefruit, even though white grapefruit juice used to be one of my favorites.

Never heard that one before. If greasy dirt tastes like olives then sign me up for greasy dirt.

Kombucha
Mayo

I dont hate mayo but ive never found it to help anything so i never get it on anything. Kombucha tastes like mushrooms. Its not the taste that bothers me.

Well, at least you tried them. But damn what a small little world (taste-wise I mean) you must live in. I honestly feel sorry for you.

Aylmao r u me? Im

0 if including these things as an ingredient and 1 if eaten alone. Fuck avocados.

mayo (im fine with it if its diluted with some other shit though)
kombucha (shits fucking nasty)

also fuck lettuce when its not in a salad. shit ruins every sandwich

1 kombucha tastes like stomach acid

Osyters, not a huge fan of seafood in general.
Tofu, I honestly don't even know what it is.
Beans, but that's a psychological thing and doesn't include green beans.

>1.5
How'd I do?

>I get a 1 because I'm on some medication that doesn't allow me to consume grapefruit
I'd think you'd get a pass if you are on medication with a side effect from certain foods. That is not at all the same as being a picky eater, or a tasetlet.

>most of it seems like everyday foods most people eat
My thoughts exactly, which is why I'm floored if all these 10 plus (especially the 22s) aren't people trying to be funny. I get that people have allergies to some of these (I have a friend allergic to Avocados, and another to onions), and some are cultural (like raw fish), and oysters could be a financial thing. But aside from oysters (I only really like them raw, and that is a bit out of my budget) and Kombucha (I just don't like it) there isn't anything on that list I don't eat at least monthly and most of it is at least weekly.

oysters and beets are the devil. also you can't generalize olives like that. for example those black olives they put on pizzas are extreme shit tier even though there are some good black olives out there.

Don't know what Kombucha but it doesn't sound too bad.

tofu is beans.

Well, fuck that then.

No I'm not you, I am me.

Most EXTREMELY picky eaters I've met (i.e. anyone scoring above a 2 or 3 on this chart) usually dislike whatever food for texture reasons.

i've had tofu that i liked, and some I hated; the kind I liked was harder and textured more like chicken; so that makes sense.

Same, no uma delicia shit and no fucking spiders
Pretty much anything else I'll at least try just to see what it tastes like. I don't actually hate anything

Tofu is weird like that, it can range from custard like all the way to very firm in texture. Which is why having just "tofu" on this chart is a little off.

Nothing on that list is garbage though. At least not in the same way fast food is garbage.

3, raw fish, kombucha, and oysters.

>Nothing on that list is garbage though. At least not in the same way fast food is garbage.
I know but the same principle still applies. It's shaming people for being selective about what they put into their body. At least that's how I see the term "picky" being applied.
Deleted nonetheless because I was probably too pre-emtive.

How do I get over being a picky eater?

I'd be squeamish with chicken feet.

I'm sure they're heavenly delicious. But I'd have to be really drunk or hungry.

I'd eat all of it assuming it's prepared correctly in a palatable meal.
I didn't know what kombucha is until I looked it up but I'd drink it if I have to, though I'd prefer coffee.

I guess I score zero.

>"picky eater"
>having likes or dislikes is being picky
I don't get why someone would eat something they don't like just to say they aren't "picky"
and why is there even shit like ketchup and mayo on that list?
why would not eating a cheap food addition be picky?
same with dark chocolate, why would you ever eat something like chocolate for anything but personal enjoyment?

>It's shaming people for being selective about what they put into their body.
Not really, I mean just look at most replies in this thread. Other than people being amazed at people with high scores, there isn't any one really going "OMG you don't eat X, WTF is wrong with you".

If you don't have a genetic disorder (thinking cilantro taste like soap) and you refuse to eat something because its too disgusting you're a child. You can have favorites but if you absolutely refuse to eat something humans eat and like, its weird.

Well Satan, that depends on your reasons for being picky in the first place. Do you have allergies? Texture issues? Flavor issues? Or were you just not exposed to a wide variety of foods as a child? Maybe a totally different reason in addition to or replacing those previously listed?

Yeah, I know that's why I deleted and said I was probab;y too pre-emtive.
But I've seen the way the term "picky eater" has been applied countless times and I guess that what I was reacting to.
Hence, the macro has been withdrawn.

if you eat something that tastes disgusting to you just for some vaunted sense of pride over being able to palate shit Id say you're the child

I enjoy everything on that list.

There is no such thing for the vast majority of humans, simply new taste. Otherwise the concept of acquired taste wouldn't exist. Children that have never tasted cheese that move to the US, tend to hate pizza for about a year, and then love it. 17 year olds from non-alcoholic families tend t hate beer until they drink enough of it.

so you're saying that because other people like something you have to like it?
or because they like it you have to partake in it?
why do you care so much about what other people eat or not?

>a thing you WON'T eat
I'll eat anything. I just have varying levels of enjoyment. Not the biggest fan of beets but I won't kick it out of a salad if there's other good stuff in there.

Like, 2? Tomaoes are conditional on whether they're cooked or not, raw tomatoes are the devil's fruit, and mayo is devil spunk

>But I've seen the way the term "picky eater" has been applied countless times and I guess that what I was reacting to.
It is an interesting term, and applied in very subjective ways. No doubt.
I personally don't think of the term being used to refer to people that don't eat certain foods for health reasons, but I could see how someone else might and how that could piss them off.

But I haven't tried a lot of those things in a very long time. My tastes might have changed.

It also depends on how they're prepared.
>tfw don't like pickles or asparagus but like pickled asparagus

2. Technically 3 but I'm allergic to shrimp so I thought it shouldn't count. I don't like olives but that's it.

>wont eat tomatoes or mayo
>only two items on the op list
>makes it seem like user isn't picky as fuck

Shit list. Shit thread.

not too bad

>what is beer
>what is vinegar

biproducts of yeast and acetic acid bacteria
not a biologically nasty mess like kombucha
enjoy your fetid bacteria water

green olives
blue cheese
radish
beets
brussel sprouts
tofu
celery
eggplant

Kombucha is yeast and bacteria just like beer and vinegar.
If you're grossed out by the SCOBY, bad news: vinegar is made the same way.

I should have known so many faggots with plebeian palettes would be on this board

I haven't tried 17 of them. I eat the rest of them except pickles and mustard. I do use them as ingredients though, if that counts.

>haven't tried 17 of them

Do you live in Sub-Saharan Africa, or are literally a baby? Serious question.

I live in a landlocked state so seafood is memetier. Eggplant, radishes, beets, etc I just haven't used in cooking yet. Same with olives. And some stuff I just don't have interest in (like tofu)

Fuck seafood and tomatoes

Kombucha and tofu literally taste rotten.
>because they are
Also
>fish sauce
>anything that tastes genuinely rotten in nature
>anything with lye
>pickled skin

But I don't think I've encountered a meat, vegetable, grain, fruit, or spice I won't eat.
And most dairy.

Tofu doesn't taste like anything at all nigga what are you on about

>landlocked state
I'm from Iowa.
I've eaten everything on that list and outside of kombucha/tofu, it's all normal every day stuff.
I suppose you likely won't find anyone serving raw fish in a small town.
But every city over 25,000 almost certainly has a place that does.
Hyvee grocery stores sell sushi.

>doesn't taste like anything
Your sense of taste sounds pretty weak.
Do you also have hearing aids and coke bottle classes?
Are you the type of person that doesn't notice the smell of grass, hay weed or their own BO?

Beets only because I've never had them before
Black olives because they smell like niggers

0. not a fan of everything here but I'll eat them if prepared well or if they're high quality

1.5 points

Kombucha is fucking awful and I love grapefruit juice but don't really like eating grapefruit.

not a fan of grapefruit

>mayo
>cabbage
>sprouts

Imagine I'd add raw fish and tofu as well but I've never had either so will hold off

i don't really like ketchup, the rest is ok