You have 10 seconds to explain why Applejack isn't in your liquor cabinet right now

You have 10 seconds to explain why Applejack isn't in your liquor cabinet right now
>all the wood aged complexities of whiskies
>fresh nose and aftertaste of apples
>literally the most American liquor in existence, Laird's distilleries is the first licensed distillery in America and George fucking Washington wanted the recipe for Applejack
>Makes a better Old Fashioned than any bourbon or rye
>Makes the best fucking cocktail in existence, the Jack Rose
>You can cook with this shit too, apple brandies are fantastic for reductions and pan sauces

I've tried several. They're kind of shit outside of trolling some booze snobs. Apple brandy can be preddy good, though.

Applejack is nice, but you didn't post applejack, you posted a mixture of apple brandy and clear liquors. Still pretty good though. Apple brandy is delicious and priced fairly, I always have some

Because it’s a pleb mutt version of calvados?

I don't think any distillery actually freezes their liquor to distill it, so Laird's is just apple brandy too, but I guess I just like the more spicy flavor American apple brandy has compared to the more wine-brandy-like Calvados, where I can appreciate it in cooking, but I can't stand actually drinking the stuff.

I get the Laird's 86, it's all apple brandy, fucking tasty as shit.

Applejack is generally when a neutral spirit is added to a flavored mixture. Apple brandy is generally all from mash containing apple. I say generally because I don't think there is a hard rule about it, but reputable distillers will make the distinction (including Laird's). There are whiskeys made in the jack fashion as well. Look for anything in the descriptive script on the bottle about neutral spirits. You will taste the difference if you taste some side by side, and should be able to taste the difference after you have done that if you couldn't before.

worst horse

I don't really like sweet flavors so I prefer Calvados if I'm drinking apples, or a nice dry cider.

Because its boring ass liquor. I'd rather use calvados.

i dont drink because i dont find any aspect of it enjoyable

Traditional applejack is freeze distilled hard cider. I would love to try some but I guess I will have to make it myself since nobody makes it that way anymore.

I actually have a bottle in my cabinet.

It's fucking nasty on its own. I only use it for certain cocktails and cooking

lairds doesn't really taste or smell like apples

>tastes like shit
>tastes like shit
>tastes like shit
>tastes like shit
>tastes like shit
>tastes like shit

>freeze distilled hard cider
I take back my post because I think you're right. I remember reading that a long time ago, and I think I read that not many, if any at all, produce it like that now, which is why I was thinking it's about the neutral spirits.

Lairds just tastes of esters

fuck off with your stealth pony threads

I'm confused, what does apple brandy have to do with ponies?

It doesn't taste very good.

Sometimes I'll get the cheaper apple brandy for fall mixed drinks, though.