Al/ck/ thread

Happy Australia Day edition.
Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cytu
youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Australia rocks, got a reader there who loves my books. Cool guy.

just a quick to say thanks for the first post honors.

i am trying again to taper off after ... going off the rails on wine and beer for the last 2 nights.

coming to and realizing you can't drive legally for another30+ hours is fucked.

Just had a shit experience. Job interview while still a little drunk.
Found out yesterday that I was going to be interviewed this morning. So I had a little bit to drink to calm my nerves. To sleep easier.
Woke up this morning still drunk.

It wasn't in depth and it was for a shit basic job, so it didn't make a difference.
My stress response is to turn into a robot, so I don't think being buzzed affected by behaviour.

But man, I just feel like shit. Both physically and by allowing myself to be such a god damned stupid cunt that got drunk on a night before an interview.

And this fucking captcha problem is really really harshing my chill.

I keep my diet in check and exercise regularly.
It's okay to drink a couple of beers a day, right?Or some wine or whatever. Or a bottle of vodka for that matter. R-right?

they probably respect the fuck out of you. This is a man who is not tied down by social norms and constraints.

All the white shirt grey tie wearing cunts and the girls with their bun haircuts are just bricks in the wall and in you come unkempt, cold, able to function despite poisoning your body.

What happens if a terrorist organization forces the office to get drunk and then do their job at gunpoint?

Ever think of that mr manager? What the fuck would you DO mr manager? you even TRAIN FOR THIS ShIT? well i do. and i am your man.

now give me some money to get booze while i suck your dick because my buzz is wearing off

>Job interview while still a little drunk.
Been there my man. I can't really offer any good advice.

What sort of stuff do you write?

Yes and no. When I was Veeky Forums a few years ago I added my booze to my daily calories and would burn them off with cardio. Even if I was "Veeky Forums" I probably wasn't healthy.

Being Veeky Forums for a while really helped me off the sauce since I just couldn't work out with a hangover. So I stopped drinking so much

Happy Australia Day to any fellow lurkers/anons. Most liquor stores are closed tomorrow so I purchased double my usual amount but I've ended up drinking most of it already, and it's only 2am.

1 week without a drop after going on a heavy bender and going through 3 liters of vodka in 2 days
Holy shit that was a nightmare

Is booze as expensive in Oz as it is here in Canada?

Wine is grey area, vodka and tequila can easily be balanced with exercise. If you wanna be fit then stay the hell away from beer, a can of anything heavier than lager/pilsner is practically like eating a donut

alright got ya thanks

Dunno about leaf prices but I would say it's expensive here. The beer I'm drinking now (6%) is $18 USD for a 6-pack.

Yeah, that's more than here I guess.
For 18 USD you can get a 12 pack of ~10% beer.

the beer i drink is 39 AUD a 4 pack. #craftbeer =(

Jesus FUCKING Christ
Where I live in the US $9 for a sixpack of 7% craft shit is considered overpriced

Probably more, I work in a bottle shop and the average case of beer is probably hanging around the $48-52 mark

It's probably a good thing that I don't live in the US then. The tax here keeps me from overindulging.

How the hell do you boys survive

i work offshore. it's all gone. all of it all the money it;s gone. all the money is GONE GONE GONE GONE

48 to 52 for a fucking two four?

American here. I get one of these for about $15.

I thought you said $30.

My fingers have the downs

>So I had a little bit to drink
>Woke up this morning still drunk

This is one of those "choose one" moments, isn't it?

>forgot to stock up
>read this post and panicked
>checked Dan's website
>normal opening hours

Close one, lads

How long does it take to get down to a somewhat normal tolerance level lads? I've gone 2 weeks at this point without a drop. Was doing 6+ beers probably 5 nights a week, looking to drop down my consumption to just weekend drinking.

Tfw qt 3.14 coming over after work for a couple drinks
Today could be a good one, for a change boys.

B E A S T
E
A
S
T

She called it quits
Whatever we had been dating for barely a month
Was starting to really open my heart up
I am not relapsing over this, I am not

thats a lot of alcohol

Have a drink m8. Just one delicious, alcoholic drink to help tide you over.

thats plenty

No, he did had a little bit to drink. Then some more.

Sorry to hear user.
Stay strong.

>barely a month
>open my heart up

Sounds like you dodged a bullet you clingy dweeb

Thinking about it bro but the WD memories are still damn fresh also I think I kindled myself a bit

I need to put another year under my belt honestly

my thoughts exactly

>been drinking too much
>vomiting blood
>stomach hurts too much to eat

wat do?

bourbon tastes like candy to me

i dont know much about liquor, what should i try next? looking for something less sweet but with a certain amount of complexity

Try Gin.

Why are you the way that you are

That's the best way to go about it. Just remembering how horrible the withdrawals were. The last time I quit wasn't only withdrawals, but a pancreatitis attack on top of it that landed me in the hospital for 4 days.

Fuck that noise. The thought of alcohol puts me off so much now. I hope I won't relapse in the future, but fuck that shit right now.

beer taper. take a few months off the booze

I'm a broken man. born of a broken man

Yeah man it’s a funny place to be, I honestly feel a bigger sense of luxury and relaxation and calmness at night going to bed sober knowing how fucking nice and normal the morning is going to be

Not saying I won’t fuck it up in the future but for now it’s literally more pleasurable not to drink

A month is fucking nothing and I'm a 28 year old virgin. Not even a month? Who the fuck cares dude jesus...

Mostly fiction however my most recent book is a non-fiction. Zombie stuff, action (I'm a huge gun-nut), drama, erotica, and so far the non-fiction I've written as well as have planned is rather political. Looking forward to writing historical-fiction too, it's pretty much my favourite genre. The next two books I write will likely be sequels.

Do you make any money off this stuff?

You might be gay and highly repressed
No disrespect intended just saying

Yup, I'm super jelly of US liquor/beer prices. I'm in Newfoundland at the moment, island off the east cost of Canada, and the best deal on alcohol I've found so far is a $22 ($17.60 USD) 1.5L (about 52oz) bottle of 20% wine. That's 300ml (about 10oz) of pure ethanol. To put that into perspective, that $9 sixpack of 355ml (12oz) cans of 7% beer contains 149ml (about 5oz) of pure ethanol.

So the best possible price I can find is considered overpriced where you are, but really, chances are there's high-proof liquor available where you are that would blow that 'craft shit' out of the water in terms of cost-per-ounce of ethanol. Every time I drink, I generally consume at least $15 in alcohol at minimum. Last night I drank $16.72 of alcohol, and it was some of that 'cheap' wine.

Yup.

Well yeah I'm obviously sexually repressed.
But no, I am not attracted to men.

There's a level of repression that prevents the attraction from even registering with physical response. It's not until you've allowed yourself to be comfortable having sex a few times that the tight knot starts to untangle and the truth comes flooding out.

Fuckin noice.
How did you get into being able to sell them? What kind of scale are we talking about here in terms of how many people buy these things?

Just fuck off you faggot.
I've been in bed with a girl twice and I liked everything leading up but in the situation we were in it's better that we didn't have sex.

I self-publish them via CreateSpace and Amazon, pretty easy and doesn't cost a penny. I've been self-published for about 15 months and I've gotten 97 ebook sales, 21 paperback sales (at least 5 in Germany, possibly 6), around 750 free downloads, and over 10,000 KENP (page-reads on Kindle, free for the reader but I make money from them anyways). So I make a decent bit from that but I make a lot more from ghostwriting. Looking like it'll be easy to make over $1000 from my writings in the year of 2018. 2017 was definitely a learning process and I really only started making money in mid-March so really only a cunt-hair over 3/4 of the year had any profits worth mentioning. All in all, ghostwriting included, I made something like $600.

It's a long process in making money from writing, most self-published authors don't even manage $100 in their first year and most writers in general don't make $200 a year. In August and September alone I made a total of over $250. As of right now I've got enough projects in line that I'm going to have things to work on until potentially April, and in that time I'll make over $175 from ghostwriting. I haven't been marketing my books as much online anymore so admittedly my book sales have gone down a lot since it relies HUGELY on marketing/advertising, and I don't invest any money in advertising since my book covers were made with a cover creator program thus they're not all that good so advertising likely wouldn't be too useful anyways thus there's no point in spending money on that right now. The bulk of my earnings is easily in ghostwriting and so far I've gotten nothing but 5-star reviews in that regard so I've been slowly but surely increasing my prices yet I still keep getting hired. By summer I'll likely be charging 2 cents per word, maybe even 3, meaning $200-300 per 10k words. I can write 10k words in 4-5 hours, but creative writing can be pretty mentally draining so usually I only write for an hour a day every 1-2 days

man life sucks without booze

Basically.
Just don't forget that it's actually possible for it to not suck without booze though, it really is possible. I'm drinking right now but I wouldn't want anyone to give up on the idea of stopping.

Everybody enjoys intimate company with both genders. It's the bit where you sex each other up that determines sexuality.

Pretty fuckin' boring without it, yup. I want to get drunk at least once a week for as long as I live, that's a minimum. For as long as my health hangs on, I'll be mostly getting drunk 2-3 times a week. As fun as it was, I don't want to go back to daily drinking. I know I won't last long if I do that, and I want to at least see me 60s.

Good for you dude, very interesting.
I wish you continued and heightened success.

I have good lifelong male friends, never had a sexual thought about any of them. They're also all heterosexual. I actually lived below a homosexual for like a year once and we got along well and partied and shit just like everyone else. I had no problem that he was gay but had no interest in another male that way whatsoever. Also that gay guy tried to convert one of my straight friends which didn't work.

Thanks, and I'm certain I'll get it. Whether it's months or years or even a decade, I'm going to keep at it. I'm in it for the long-haul. I'm less than 2 years into something that will continue for probably as long as I live, I will continue to learn, I will continue to improve, and so the likelihood of success FAR outweighs the likelihood of failure.

Well, what is success? If success is to make money, I'm already succeeding. I hope to be a full-time writer, so what's required to succeed at that? I live a pretty minimalist lifestyle, in fact I just finished having a bowl of ramen (instant noodles) for supper which cost me 35-40 cents Canadian, and yesterday for dinner I had a pack of off-brand Kraft Dinner (mac&cheese) which cost around 90 cents or a dollar. In other words, my current lifestyle costs me less than $12,500 a year (less than $10,000 USD a year) but that's my current goal, because with that I'll not only be able to pay the bills and maintain food/drink costs but also have a modest amount of spending money besides. I'd make more money with a full-time minimum-wage job, but with this I get happiness, with a full-time minimum-wage job I'd get misery or maybe the occasional small degree of contentment at best.

I wish you success as well, and hopefully in something that makes you happy.

>canadian

Haven't had a drink in almost two weeks, I feel great physically and it's great waking up feeling good instead of hating myself but now I get fucking angry all the time, everything pisses me off and I'm very quick to lash out. Anyone else experienced this? Drinking calmed my temper down but now it's like I am constantly pissed and walk around like somebody pissed in my cereal.

I suppose you will have to find out what the causes of your anger are and deal with them at the source rather than placating your temper with alcohol.

thats the surge in testosterone, itll go away

It's called post acute withdrawal syndrome. It'll go away eventually, but you should also make sure you're sleeping well, exercising, and eating right.

Out of booze but I have to work tomorrow, figured I'd go dry tonight and pick some up after work tomorrow for the weekend. But now it's getting close to ritual drinking/wind-down time and I'm getting antsy and thinking about going to the store to grab bourbon. Life is fun.

That was my theory also but I'm no doctor
I made a promise to stop drinking and start exercising and eating better since a few weeks ago realized I couldn't even do 20 push-ups without hyperventilating. The anger at least drives me to continue.

Maybe something to do with PAWS? I could see why anxiety and confusion could indirectly lead to anger.

irritability is literally one of the cornerstones

Good luck, post back with results. Haven't spent time with a girl that's not a friend already in 3/4 of a year. Do it for us

You'll feel so proud of yourself when you get through this without it

A friend of mine got a DWI with a breathalizer of 1.5 he was also going 18 over the limit. And the police knew he came from a bar that he frequents.

You guys need to all get your fucking life together and stop bitching. or your gonna end up like him.

How about you actually talk to people on the phone that you can relate with about your problems and grow up? Some kids grow up. Some kids die young. Some kids get their friends and family in trouble. Some kids need to die. Which one are you? You think your the only unique person in the world who ever suffered?

Calm down, have a fucking drink.

No, but I'm a white male. The world doesn't need people like me anymore, so might as well just quietly burn myself out.

Don't worry, all my booze vendors are within walking distance.

Comfy stream that took the edge off a lot of my anxiety the other night. Just chilling and sipping some shit lite beer to make it through the night
cytu dot be/r/GhostAdventure

I’d rather be an alcohol than not know the difference between your and you’re.

Why it's just a stream. dot == .

It's un-Australian to not be drinking at 10am.

1.75l user over here. I’m trying to cut down, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be homeless.
>pick up bro from airport
>drive four hours
>coordinate small shindig for him so he can see all his friends
>spent the weekend hammered and taking house tours with gf
>put in application and shit goes through
>really not looking forward to packing and moving within a week
Right now I’m drinking with my doggo and letting bro nap. About to tie one on, smoke a little, and watch a Cohen Brothers movie while I eat some cereal.
Who’s drinking/doing/fiddna eat what? Sorry for the blogpost, I just like to chat.

You better watch No Country For Old Men.

I recently showed my gf that movie. They put A Serious Man on Netflix recently and I’ve never seen it. I’ve been meaning to watch, so now’s the time.
Anyways-
Here’s a watercolor of my doggo that I had commissioned.

Nice try, Satan. I’ve figured it out, I can’t stop because I’m in hell. There’s no way it’s possible to feel this ill but still be alive.

I really want to stop doing this but I go STRAIGHT into DTs/WDs if I stop. I want to do the HAMS beer taper but I know that this week is going to be rough on me, I doubt I can handle other people being crazy stressed if I’m not mentally limber myself. To be honest I’m a lot more socially capable than a lot of my friends and hardly ever do stupid shit, I’m just getting those phantom organ pains and they make me worried.

youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c

He didn't live up to the hype.

did your dad have a drink before he raped you and your sister or something?

This. I have the exact same thing. I stopped for 5 days. but due to the extreme anger i bought 3 bullets to cool me down..

australia?

Gonna end it all tonight lads

>He thinks I'm enough of an idiot to step foot in a car drunk
>He thinks I can afford to get drunk at a bar
Lel

dont m8 surely there is something to keep going for

Trying to get my life together. I keep making big plans like how I'm going to finish high school and go to college finally. But I just drink my ass off everyday instead.

I need to quit this so I can follow through with my dreams.

I want to become a paramedic.

rip in piece

>kid thinks he knows it all, hasn’t the first clue about diversity in society, concludes that being shouted at by a brat will cure alcoholism in everyone