Do Americans really HAVE to tip?

Do Americans really HAVE to tip?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyR4RK0LA_E#t=3m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=uA_Ug8yDF_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well, no. But you're considered an asshole if you dont

It's highly highly frowned upon. Only something you do if you're getting take out and you werent directly served or you get absolute shit service as an insult to the staff.

Yeah, this.

Fucking sucks so we don't have to but we have to.

Matter, of fact some places we do really have to. They put it directly on the bill and I suppose if you don't pay it's theft.

Sometimes I make a stand and don't pay but rarely because I feel so shitty afterwards.

m-m-maybe they get shot wh-when they d-don't tip

Only in certain establishments when you have a party over a certain number or people. Otherwise it's completely optional which is why I don't do it.

Most waitresses have to "tip out" anywhere from 5-20% of their sales to the support staff (bus boys, bar staff, managers) because they don't get tips, and if they don't make enough tips then it comes out of their own pocket.

So tipping is kind of necessary

I always take time to explain that it's really the business owner who's the asshole for outsourcing the adequate payment of his own staff. The idea doesn't take hold in their little minds, but if more people did this it would start to.

in oregon waiters make minimum wage I only tip BOH staff here

youtube.com/watch?v=GyR4RK0LA_E#t=3m50s

I'm torn between protesting the system and supporting people who are only paid $2 an hour, minimum wage max if they don't exceed minimum wage from getting tips.

And as mentioned the waiters also have to tip out a good percentage of their earnings to the other employees.

So in summary you aren't required to tip but no one likes you if you don't because the entire business is built around you tipping.

Other people's livelihood is not my concern.

>pooreigner crying about using money for goods and services
yes we 'tip' and it is still cheaper than vat

>supporting people who are only paid $2 an hour

I think really tipping isn't helping, you're doing the opposite. If you could do anything remotely helpful (can't fix the problem in one day) would be to walk into an establishment, ask the head manager/owner if they pay waitresses minimum wage and if they answer no, then walk out.

>O B S E S S E D
> B
> S
> E
> S
> S
> E
> D

>we

minimum wage is worse than tips... by quite a bit, unless you are ugly.

Always tip at Hooters youtube.com/watch?v=uA_Ug8yDF_g

The question in the context of this thread though is minimum wage vs minimum wage without tips.

Everyone's problems would be answered if we all got regular pay + tips. For some fucked up reason I don't get that option.

Servers make less than minimum wage.

yeah i give a big tip to your mom every night lol

They will always make minimum wage no matter what.

I'm sure you actually do this.

Why the fuck would you even do that job?. You can make more earning real minimum wage at Wal-mart for doing probably less work?.

If you're legal and choose to do that shit then damn. Can't feel sorry for ya.

Your faith in employers doing the right thing is charming

*edit

more than minimum wage since wal-mart is paying $11 an hour now.

I mean ok they make less than min wage, but their employer is still paying into their pension fund so it balances out

Oh look its this thread again

>if-they-survive.jpg

>are

>fucking shitskins
sorry.. that should be white people tip.

Because every single server out there is also aware of their rights and wage theft doesn't exist.

America sounds awful

I agree, most servers are guilty of wage theft. Most of their income goes completely unreported so they can avoid taxes.

I never got why European teenagers on this board are so obsessed with tipping. If it were up to me, the service fee would just be added to the cost of the meal like in other countries. It's not up to me, though. The only people with the political capital to change the system aren't going to bother changing it since tipping is a fairly innocuous practice.

>No wonder you're so enthralled about tipping. It's really you helping other white people. I bet you find plenty of reasons to not tip Hispanics/blacks.

I disagree. Tipping in the US is cultural. Tipped workers actually make pretty good cash compared to minimum wage, low-skilled workers in most states. I don't work in service, but I think most people I know who do would rather an employer do tips rather than a straight hourly wage.

>oh noes it's the /pol/ monster
i tip every server. shitskin or not, because I am a server.

They put it on the bill to guilt you or try to make it as a given that you must pay above the stated price. You absolutely do not have to pay any service charge or tip if you dont want to

>people who are only paid $2 an hour
They get at least $11 here regardless of tips. Including tips they make a shitload of money.

Tipping is for white guilt people who have the decency to pay for their sins and crimes to society.

Tipping makes restaurant food cheaper for poor people who cant afford a big tip. Rich people love giving huge tips.

Also, it lets people who dont care about service leave small tips and people who want really good service to give big tips if they like.

He never said he wouldn't tip people of color you inbred mongrel.
He said people of color don't tip. Which is true they tip a lot less.
Also that statement doesn't make him racist or more inclined to only tipping whites, inb4.

Alright then you may be biased, MAY BE.

Maybe you favor tipping because you happen to overcome the inherently unfair nature of the tipping system and still manage to earn more than minimum wage. Point is you're still earning it NOT from your employer but from customers subsidizing your boss.

If you want to help an establishment and pay some of their expenses fine, that's on you. I have no problem if you want to drop $20 bucks so that your favorite dining location can pocket that money THEY should be paying out but it's still wrong.

When is the last time you tipped a cashier? or your mechanic?. If never then you are severely inconsistent.

Because when it is included in the fee it isn't reflective of your server's courtesy towards customers. They can give you good or sub-par service and earn the same.
Sure when tipping is optional you get those jackasses that don't tip so it is an honor system, but it's a lot better than a fixed wage especially at a restaurant of any decency.

I know what he said. With his wording I can read right through him.

>shitskin

If he wanted people to take him serious he shouldn't have unnecessarily pulled the race card out. I know he doesn't say he's racist but obviously he's got it in him. Shitskin is a racist term.

>He said people of color don't tip. Which is true they tip a lot less.

Please don't compare us Asians with your lowlife 'merican niggers. We actually tip decently.

If you watch the video posted then you will see why. Its only 5 minutes long

>not tipping a cashier or mechanic
that is not the cultural norm in the US, tipping your server happens to be. I didn't make up this cultural normal thing. I just take advantage of it. It is a great way to earn a living if you are personable, able to walk / work fast and look at least halfway decent. the only people that are against this seem to be ugly and poor people.

>Tipping is for guilty white people

I always believed there is a little bit of this psychology to tipping.

>shitskin
I use it because it triggers the fuck out of niggers and sjw retards alike.

>I use it because it triggers the fuck out of sjw retards alike.

Niggers don't even know what "shitskin" means. They don't give a fuck, when compared to being called a nigger.

Only sheltered little suburban whtie kids get offended at "shitskin"

>that is not the cultural norm in the US

Let me guess. Must be hard for a person like you to find religion since the planet is equally diverse in that. How do you choose something that has no "clear norm"?

>guilty white people
>more like lust
the best tips come from people who want to fuck you. this is the number 1 reason you will either make money or not being a server.

I know it triggers a lot of people. which is why racists use it.

Tried to tip a takeaway delivery guy once. He was Polish and looked at me like I'd just offered to diddle his newborn son

>find religion
I don't have time for that. as for choosing something that has no clear norm... i do whatever the fuck i want because i'm white.

>the best tips come from people who want to fuck you

You can make money this way shopping faggot. Dress sexy and go to the supermarket. Someone will ask for your number and if you call them you'll get free shit along with sex.

Not too sure why you have to be a waitress to do that.

>i do whatever the fuck i want because i'm white

except talk shit to minorities face to face...kek

>being called racist
no one gives a fuck about being called racist now that everyone has that line dragged out against them regardless if it is true or not.

Nope. I probably listened to the same radio show you did on AM/FM radio guy.

I said racist. Not prejudice.

racist has one meaning really. It means you have something against "race".

Prejudice means you pre-judge.

To judge someone on skin color is racist.

>face to face
i call the niggers and spics that work the line, niggers and spics all day long. it's the south. I've had one guy threaten me physically so i just told the next police officer that came in i was scared. And wouldn't you know it the police found drugs on him. the nigger was also my dealer. kek

uh-huh, I believe you

>which is why racists use it.

The word "racist" is literally an identifier nowadays for "ideas I don't understand or agree with."

that's why the word has lost most of its impact or meaning.

>i call the niggers and spics that work the line, niggers and spics all day long.

We can't do that in California. You'll get hunted down by a pack of liberals who will want your job and will fuck with your wife, kids, etc.

In california, to fight nigger racism & entitlement, you literally need a secret identity, like batman.

dude, just drop it. you're fighting sjw boogymen that dont even exist in the conversation. go back to /pol/ if you want to attack strawman that no one in present company agrees with

oh noes, what will I do... some random shitskin doesn't believe me!

Not talking to you kid. And it seems like this conversation isn't for you anyways.

If someone calls you racist, admitting you are in fact highly racist cuts them off.

>managers

What in the name of fuck? Managers get tips?

I refuse to believe this.

>admitting you are in fact highly racist cuts them off.

I only do this because I'm not white, and I enjoy the shock of little sheltered liberal faces when they start to stutter and say dumb shit like "but you people can't be racist, only whites can!"

I do it because I am white. Don't co-opt my shit nigger.

you should still tip on take out...

im sure that has nothing to do with your very intelligent explanation

> white people own racism

Now I've heard it all. The way you whites get down on your knees to appease niggers is pathetic in the eyes of the world. Stop pretending like you're still stomping niggers. The truth is, you give them fucking hiring quotas, free jobs and spread your asscheeks. lol

Vlad, please. Don't you have an election to fuck with somewhere instead of attempting transparent "divide and conquer" tactics in the US?

Depends on the place. If you have no waiters around, you can usually just not tip, but if there is a waiter involved, then, well, yeah, you should tip.

>McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. = No tip.
>Steak N Shake, AppleBee's. Red Lobster, etc. = Tip

Oh, and it is not mandatory, but it is recommended that you pay a tip to your pizz / sub delivery driver too.

T. edgelord with no empathy

He's telling the truth. Even Americans (outside of white racists in denial) know it.

White Americans put up with minorities shit. I will admit they have good reason too. It's not worth fighting for.

If I was white with white privileges I'd probably just let them do what they want too. Bottom line is you guys do still bitch out to minorities for money and to stay out of trouble.

Wal-Mart is starting that $11 wage next February, actually. Oh, but Target starts at $11 now, so there is that, if you are looking for a grocery store job that beats out minimum wage.

>"divide and conquer" tactics in the US?

Your liberals and their constant blame of whites for all blacks failures are doing a great job of dividing the nation already. There's nothing that China nor Russia can do that's more effective than your liberal antics.

you'll get your food spit on if you don't
you'll get called a creep if you do