Drunkest cities in America

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/26/which-city-drunkest-america/347923001/

OK, I think we can all agree this is some serious bullshit.

>New Orleans and Boston didn't make the top 20
>12 Wisconsin cities in the top 20
>not one city not in the midwest

There's no way that this is true, a couple years back during LSU vs Wisconsin, I went up to tailgate and their bars ran out of alcohol, how tf are they the most drunk when they can't even handle half of a SEC tailgating day?

I've seen people say they have 25 bars in one mile, like that is impressive, I guess the forgot the couple square miles of bars in Nola.

Also put what you think are the top 10

Also it being cold and there's nothing to do isn't a valid excuse, if it was, New England and Alaskan cities would be on there.

Wouldn't NYC be number 1 just on account of how many people?

when i moved to chicago from new orleans, neither i nor my new orleanean friends realized we were considered alcoholics since that amount of drinking in nola was normal

apparently it's based off Excessive drinking rates, which doesn't make sense because I know for a fact like says, excessive drinking is an art in Nola, Bourbon was packed last weekend celebrating for Mardi gras in 2 1/2 weeks, it only gets crazier and more packed, and anyone who has spent mardi gras in new orleans knows that mardi gras may be on tuesday, but the drinking and parties start weeks before that.

even the uncoolest kids in high school can be heard puking in the bathrooms a couple weeks before mardi gras

Lived in a small town like 45 minutes from nola and then moved to BR and that's what we did and still do, hit up the weekends before mardi gras and spend the actual day with family, because the monday is pretty rough, and if you aren't traveling in a group is can be pretty dangerous

one time when i was really young, i saw a drunk young woman fall off of a ladder and bust her head open on the streetcar tracks. her hair was really short and blonde so i could see the blood soaking in her hair. my mom just made us move to a different spot so we could catch beads without looking at her

How do they measure excessive drinking? I’m guessing police reports and rehab type of shit. In those cases cities that actually try to keep a handle on that stuff will look worse on paper than cities that are much worse and don’t give a fuck.

I know chicago wasn't on the list but the windy city really should be. On business trip for a week and it seemed like everybody went on benders during happy hour.

I think they asked people or some shit like that, which also doesn't make sense because shame isn't something that exists in New Orleans or Boston, being proud of drinking is like waking up in the morning

>>not one city not in the midwest

You're right, there's eighteen.

Nevermind, we're both retards.

She die?

oh yeah, missed Alaska and fort drum for some fucking reason, i know the military base is there but they aren't allowed to get shitfaced 24/7 like normal people

i don't know. she was passed out while her head was bleeding but we moved before we saw an ambulance come or anything.

Wisconsin here, I'm drunk right now.

You know you don't drink a lot when you think being drunk at 3:30 is special

not surprising, hospitals set up alcohol poisoning tents near the quarter some times

it was uptown around st charles and louisiana. deffo a bad place for a cracked skull

I had an eye opener, a lunch brew, a gin red bull for a pickmeup, and a nice afternoon IPA. The real drinking doesn't start until work ends, friend.

>caring about what online "Top X" reports say

Do people really do this?

sounds like my day before 10 AM

Well good for you, champ! Dick measuring our raging alcoholism makes us both winners!
>FIVE WHOLE BEERS

Well I don't live in wisconsin so I guess that makes me the real winner here, enjoy the cold you snownigger

>The group analyzed self-reported data from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
seems legit

it's also probably depressive I hate my life drinking, because you never hear anyone say "let's go to green bay to do some drinking" But I hear that about new orleans almost every week

They didn't poll dry counties or any Indian reservations. A large portion of Alaska and almost all tribal land is dry