How do i prevent potatoes from sticking to my pan?

how do i prevent potatoes from sticking to my pan?

Hot pan, suffiecnet oil.

Dry them off, and make sure the pan is hot enough. You can lower it if you need to but you want the pan to be fairly hot at the start, even a little hotter than you actually need because the temperature will drop once you put them in.

use waxy potatoes, not mealy potatoes

Pan. Hot. Olive oil. In. Add... the potatoes. Beautiful. Literally aim them away as you add them to the pan, so they don't splash the oil. So easy. Now to season. Oregano. In. Some lovely... rosemary. The smell is unbelievable. Black pepper. Salt to taste. Finish them off literally... with just a knob of butter. And THAT... is a meal the whole family will absolutely love.

If you sear the outside properly they're won't stick

stop putting potatoes in there

gordon pretty much nailed it. I'd also recommend getting a non-stick pan

don't use a carbon steel pan

Medium consistantcy industrial tuber lubricant.

When you buy a new teflon pan, be sure to heat it up so the seasoning sticks before washing it.

some type of fat

lmao ervery one it's gordon ramsay hea isi posting things on ck it's cool because he has tv

by using cast iron

it should be smoking to burn off all the weird factory coating crap it comes off the line with

I read that in his voice.
10/10

I was trolling, but yeah get any factory lubes and glues off with a quick soap and rinse.

Then go ahead and use a superthin layer of oil all over the interior the first time you cook with it.

By not being a retard.

If you want little browned roasted potatoes like pictured, you parboil them, or microbake them, and refrigerate overnight. Cold potatoes + hot pan and sufficient oil is step 1. The second stop is to leave them alone. Do not turn them until they have a sufficient enough crust that isn't going to peel right off when you try to move them. Alternately, you can bake them in a roasting pan, which is what restaurants actually do.
The type of potato does matter. A baby red or yukon gold will have enough wax in them, and not as mealy as a russet.

Threaten them with violence.

i'm not trolling
if you have a nonstick pan heat it up for at least six hours, it should be curling off in little bits all over

>Threaten them with violence.

Management material.

>IF ANY OF YOU FUCKING PRICKS DON'T MOVE
>THEN I'LL EXECUTE EVERY MOTHERFUCKING LAST ONE OF YOU
i'll do it i swear. don't make me.

works everytime

Hot oil

upvoted

Thanx. I appreciate that.

Almost as irritating as the real thing

>suffiecnet

Boy, you just fell apart on that one. So confident going in, droppin' culinary wisdom, and you end up with the equivalent of a wet fart in your short pants.