So Christopher Kimball has a totally new show on PBS. He's still bitchy and still doesn't cook anything himself...

So Christopher Kimball has a totally new show on PBS. He's still bitchy and still doesn't cook anything himself. Thoughts?

I hate it, even the name is too white and bland. Milk Street Kitchen, wtf.

it's not new, you're new

I heard it was happening after the legal shakedown, and wasn't interested.
But, I did catch it by accident weekend before last, and some woman made peruvian fusion pesto and it was filled with stupid shortcuts and tips that were utter nonsense to actual Peruvians. Would. Not. Eat was the final product, and I was like why?! Then, I realized he's just as stupid on his new show.

His address Milk Street is actually a smart thing. The tourist income alone from his "cooking school" at the Milk Street harborfront in Boston can and should be a gold mine for many years to come. Imagine all the cooking classes that can be had by the ladies who lunch, the couples, the tourists, the senior bus tours. I mean, if he didn't realize that...he should get busy on the perfect pairing to his public television + cookbook gravy train. Why anyone actually likes him is like an IQ litmus. I automatically know anyone raving about Cooks Illustrated is an undereducated tool. I like knowing that.

i bet no one likes you
your mom pretends but she doesn't either

I forgot to mention that people who like Cooks Illustrated or C. Kimball are very very defensive about it.

lol

The new philosophy he's espousing is terrible.

It's like having to be around someone who just got back from spending a semester abroad and listening to them explain how country XYZ has everything figured out.

Every episode of the radio show has a segment with an author who has a story about having a meal with some people in a foreign country, and that's how they discovered that food brings people together.

Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen had a north star: it was trying to make the perfect thing.

Milk Street has no north star. It's a grab bag of dumb trends like "use more pomegranate molasses and sumac".

I attempted to make one recipe from his new thing and it was nowhere close to the quality of the CI/ATK stuff. It's clear that CI isn't any poorer for having lost him.

I like Milk Street recipes better. Much more straight forward and less reliant on harder-to-find ingredients.

But it literally is new though. 6 months is pretty new.

On topic, I feel bad for Kimball. Looking at the new ATK, it's clearly chugging along just fine without him.
You can't just say "I'll make my own Cook's Country, with blackjack, and hookers!" but I hope he finds his niche.

>people get defensive when I insult something they like!
this is "you're arachnophobic? you must want to fuck spiders" kind of logic.

And you think that's poor logic? Trust me, if it were possible to fuck spiders a good portion of arachnopohobes would end up doing it. Human psychology is a funny thing.

>reddit nigger

I always got the weird feeling that he was trying to fuck that short stack blonde on Americans test kitchen

hahahaha

probably

bridget? maybe
their bantz were great

>Looking at the new ATK, it's clearly chugging along just fine without him
It really isn't, it's become Suzie Homemaker housewife panda ring. I know they got a new male editor, but the interim of the ladies was just terrible, and the magazines, Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country, have also taken this turn. Chris Kimball was a faggot, but he was also a necessity for the show, kinda like Guy Fieri is to Triple D.

Oh shit HES behind Cooks Illustrated shilling on my Test Kitchen stuff? Fuck him then.

I like Test Kitchen because its fucking tested to the heights of fucking autism and completely irreverent to nonsense like waiting until the waters boiling to add pasta. They also pair down to the fundamentals of the recipe and if you want to do meme shit you can adjust it on your own.

>it's clearly chugging along just fine without him
h-have you seen any of the new episodes?
they're borderline unwatchable
The new faux-upbeat, peppy demeanor everyone is forced to portray is downright distracting and Julia Collin Davison is the drizzling shits as a host.
The interaction between the hosts and with the support staff all feels very forced and overproduced.
It comes off as hollow and agenda-driven, like they really really want everyone to believe things are just super great and ultra high energy now that Old Man Chris has been put out to pasture.

HIlarious that he stole from Americas Test Kitchen and now his show is on the same station

So I"m not the only one.

I didn't renew my subscription this year. At least the cooking school book was published, we don't really need anything else.

never trust a man in a bowtie

ATK has a shitty rachael ray vibe now, i hate it
i miss chris but milk st is pretty gay