McDonald's NOSTALGIA thread

McDonald's NOSTALGIA thread.
Since every thread about the golden arches is negative, what do you guys actually LIKE about McDonald's? What do you miss?

Other urls found in this thread:

transformingseminarian.blogspot.com/2009/11/kicks-on-66-monrovia-mcdonalds.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Prlsk_d2JvM
youtu.be/_hI0qMtdfng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Founder
docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzh8nGFWYcEnUk5GaUd6bWNvUW8/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont really miss it, but I remember when everyone was going nuts over these stupid things

I like their coffee. I miss when there were white people who worked at McDonalds.

I like their quick simple breakfasts. I miss their quick simple breakfasts actually being quick.

Real niggas remember this

Lovin' the breakfast sandwiches and crispy hashbrowns

Miss white employees.

I like the good tasting food and refreshing fountain drinks. I like the Happy Meals which always feature a surprise toy. I treat myself every now and again to this day without shame, love ya Mick!

To be nostalgic, I loved the artwork on these Beast Wars boxes.

Last time I went to McDowell's I was accosted by this very rude black man.

He called me names and made fun of my assy nipples. It was very unpleasant.

It's always great to see these kinds of boxes, I was happy to get them with some of the Happy Meals I've gotten in more recent years. So fun and interactive. Never cared for a kids meal to come in a plain paper bag.

Oh man. The quality of the Beast Wars toys were so fucking poor (just like the first wave of the actual ones but even more so) still, I played with them like crazy!

my man

speaking of transformers

I had the milkshake one. I miss it. ;_;

Ah yes, I remember those.

>likes
their fries are still the best

>dislikes
their burger seems to be getting smaller and smaller. The other day i got a fillet o fish and it was barely bigger than my palm, its pathetic

Also, the Big Mac is cheeseburger size.
The apple pies need to be fried.
Beef tallow needs to make a comeback.

Stupid question but I need to know. My local McD's that has been around forever used to be "rock and roll" themed. They had booths with large, record shaped, seats that had labels of classic rock songs on them as well as neon signs in the windows shaped like guitars and such. Question is; is that unusual for McDonalds to have "unique" designed locations like that? I figured it was probably a franchise that the owner decided to do something different with.

Sounds more like something Burger King would do.

>Stupid question but I need to know. My local McD's that has been around forever used to be "rock and roll" themed. They had booths with large, record shaped, seats that had labels of classic rock songs on them as well as neon signs in the windows shaped like guitars and such. Question is; is that unusual for McDonalds to have "unique" designed locations like that?

My local McDonalds is outer space themed, the plastic booths have planets and ships and shit painted on them and there used to be a big statue of a cartoon astronaut, it's because pretty much the only local celebrity in my town was a famous astronaut

It's franchise specific. There's one nearby me that's over 50 years old and it maintains the old Speedee Service aesthetic from the original McDees when Ray Kroc was around. But there's another down the street that's all urban chic with super fancy wood tables and minimalist lighting and shit. All pretty much what the franchisee owner decides to do with the place.

The first one sounds cool and I'd like to visit it. Where is it?

Why the hell did they get rid of the Hi-C orange drink?

Slimer ran away and they were no longer able to extract his ectoplasm.

I miss the days where the restaurants had their own theme, most of them have been replaced by some hipster bullshit with shitty seating.

I also miss the grilled chicken back when it had the Italian(?) seasoning, its a shame they discontinued it at the start of the decade.

I would eat Mickie D’s everyday if I could. Used to as a kid. Got fat, then never had it again till I was about 17 and my weight was back to normal. I could eat 100 nuggets. French Fries i can eat em without ketchup or mayo. Big Mac’s are delicious, but the Double Cheese burgers are the best. McChicken is a close second. Fillet O Fish is also good. Don’t even get me started on the breakfast. I’ve been graving a McGriddle sooooo badly lately.

Monrovia California. Still has the original Speedee Service sign I think.

transformingseminarian.blogspot.com/2009/11/kicks-on-66-monrovia-mcdonalds.html

Apparently there's debate whether this was actually the first McDonalds that was opened next to the old Monrovia Airport.

I miss the chicken McBites from a few years back. They were fucking great.

nothing to like about that shithole.

I miss the snack wraps they used to sell, that shit used to be my go to lunch back when I was senior in HS

why would they ever remove these. they'd be more popular now than ever.

>Superhero Burger

youtube.com/watch?v=Prlsk_d2JvM

These mawfs were fucking delicious

Also seen in your orthodontist's office.

hell yeah, was the best part of seeing the dentist every time

>What do you miss?
the pick two for $3
I'd get a double cheeseburger and the 6pc nuggets
my local mcdick's killed it for the dumbass 1-2-3 bullshit
haven't been back since

vintage boxes were aesthetic.

I am 35 and I still have some toys from happy meals when I was a kid. The Transformers toys that look like food items but then they transform into dinosaurs

Where's the Cheese Danish? Who killed it? Who's behind the discontinuation of Mcdonalds premier breakfast item?

Eat a Big Mic and calm down

I used to so much fun playing mariokart and mariogolf after eating but one day some nigger ripped the controls out because he lost in nba
Fuck that kid

>you can take the monkey out of the jungle....

Those things kept the food amazingly warm, much better than we have today. I used to get McDonalds once in a while on the way home from work, and even after a 25 minute drive they were still hot.
Also, pic-related is the best burger they ever had, but their weird marketing doomed it from the start. Look it up.
It's amazing how much the entire chain sucks now compared to 30 years ago.

I still love mcdonalds. I"m glad they expanded their menus to include healthier options too.

I miss going with my brother, he got shot

The old nuggets

If the murder did not take place at McDonald's you are off topic, sir. Please apologize

I liked the spinach croquettes, also for some reason they stopped using the mcflurry machine in my countrye around 2000or so

i love a filet o fish with cheese

the fuck are white people

the big mac sauce is bretty good

A couple weeks ago, I did an overnight service call at a McDonald's. (I service commercial fire alarms, and McDonald's has this retarded thing where the grill shuts off if the fire alarm goes off)

For some reason, being in the back of a McDonald's in the middle of the night made it feel like the 1990s.

I've frequented one that still has these... except the games are substandard app store garbage

Let the music get to you
youtu.be/_hI0qMtdfng

>one day some nigger ripped the controls out because he lost in nba
Big shock

That chef salad looks fucking gross.

Anyone remember the Michael Jordan burger the the NJ bbq sauce?

I miss McDonalds being a treat where you got to eat unhealthy, have Hi-C, and play on the jungle-gym

I miss the mini-pizzas as well kinda. I was a little too young but I used to get them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Founder

docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzh8nGFWYcEnUk5GaUd6bWNvUW8/view

That movie gives me a fucking boner, I love stories of capitalism

The milkshakes are good for the price.

so mcdonalds says that they've made their mcnuggets healthier. how much healthier are we talking here? enough for me to not be ashamed of buying 20 of them?

The Arch Deluxe was the only reason I ever went to McDonalds when I was a kid. Everything else on the menu didn't interest me.

i like their triple cheeseburger with rehydrated onions. i wish their 1/4 pounder had those onions again, but is also good. their tenders are good. their fries taste good. i still feelsick after eating.

The Arch Deluxe was great. I still cannot conceive how they thought it was a good idea to run ads showing people reacting to their food with disgust. You just know that somebody objected to it but the idea was probably from some exec's dumbass son who got a marketing job through nepotism so the rational people were overruled.

Man fuck McDonald's, last time I ate there was in the mid-late 90's when they sold the Arch Deluxe and that shit gave me the worst case of food poisoning and almost died. About a month ago someone bought me a tea from there because they knew i dont eat fast food anymore and the fucking tea was so sweet it damn near gave me instant diabetes... I took one swallow and fucking dumped it down the drain.

Never had these in my city. The niggers would have stolen them anyway.

I miss the big breakfast here in Australia, also I wish the mcrib would come here

>Love McD's BBQ sauce as a kid
>Stop eating it randomly around 7 years old
>Forget about McD's BBQ sauce entirely
>20 years later
>Current BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Rays
>Get some chicken nuggets and McD's BBQ sauce
>One bite
>Feels like old memories are trying to surface
>Bad memories
>Can't figure out what or why it is

Did I get raped by a BBQ sauce flavored clown?

This was the McDonald's where I grew up, they tore it down like 15 years ago so I'm a little nostalgic for that.

Their toys in general were just better, and that's not a nostalgia thing. My parents still have a bin full of McDonalds toys from the 90's and early 2000's and the plastic is noticeably higher quality, along with way more creative designs. I mean look at this lil shit

A glorious race of human beings that built society, welcomed in the barbarians and were destroyed for their generosity

Fuck off shill