Florida Food

What does the great state of Florida have to offer as far as unique culinary items?

Is it the publix sub?
Seafood something or other?
Fried Alligator?

Florida bros report in!
>352, Gainesville here

Tendie boy sub from pubbies

Posting pictures of dogs wearing food instead.

Conch fritters and key lime pie

OH this is a true tale.

I dislike both of these items and lived here my whole life nearly.

Am i kill?

Shrimp covered in meth

>fellow 352
but in Alachua

Brown's Country Buffet is mouthsex if you don't mind gaining ten pounds in one sitting. Ingredients are way better out in more rural areas.

if you dont live in miami you might be a flyover

Im on it user. I need gut gains.
What should i order for maximum enjoyment?

>living in a sinking city

Florida only sucks if you are a poor. FACT.

blackened grouper sandwich

Mickey waffles

>not living in California

>Gainesville

There's literally nothing good here. I've been teaching at UF for 8 years and have been to every restaurant within 30 miles at least twice. Everything here is super low effort because the college population don't have any standards.

>Sushi Matsuri
>Mi Apa
>Civilization
>Chop Stix

That's it, and they're only OK not great. Go to Orlando if you want good food.

I think it's worth mentioning our far above average pizza options in Satchel's and Paisanos. They both are some of best I've had.

We can also claim that Sonny's BBQ was started here, which is worth something.

Problem downtown is all the hipster stuff that parades as something special. The top is OK only and seems to be declining.

Gator's dockside is a piece of garbage.

Adversely, Mother's pub is a delicious awful piece of garbage.

Had a coworker fly twice a year to austin or central texas to have good gator so
I need to guess the gator is what is good about florida
It must have been a nearly 500usd roundtrip flight just for dinner

I want to like Satchel's. I really do. But I've been there 4 times and all I've ever gotten was too much cheese on burned paper-thin dough that took 30 minutes to get seated and an hour to get the food. Paisano's is good but not for the prices they charge. Their smallest pizzas are 7 inches and cost $10. Their larger ones go for as much as $40 and there's nothing special about any of their ingredients. They just charge for the fact that they have a "stone fire oven" (it's brick).

royal reds, rare shrimp from the gulf that tastes like better lobster