What are you guys coo/ck/ing today?

What are you guys coo/ck/ing today?

>chicken with salt pepper and tajin.

Faggot uses gloves.

This lol

I want to make some steak. Pan fried with just a little rosemary and garlic sounds good. For sides something simple and comfy, maybe some peas and mashed potatoes with the skins? I've never made peas before.

>never made peas before
What?
Open the can. Drain. Dump in the frying pan with the grease from the steak

>Canned vegetables

The depression ended user.

Where else ya gonna get peas, dummy?

I don't know, somehow I've just never thought to try making some peas. Black beans and lentils are my go-to legumes. I was thinking of steaming them but your idea sounds way better. Are they better canned instead of frozen?

I use them for cleaning around the house...

Wendy's taught me that fresh never frozen is always better

Canned peas are disgusting: mushy, gray and flavorless. Peas are one of the few foods where frozen is their ultimate form, IMO even better than totally fresh.

Teriyaki chicken and fried noodles

Yeah those canned peas turned out pretty gross. Mushy and a nasty color, I'll try frozen next time I guess. I forgot to take photos but everything else was pretty good. The steaks browned beautifully but then I had my girlfriend looking over my shoulder pressuring me into overcooking them so they were just a little too done. Pan frying in cast iron worked well though, I need to do that more often.

Made pic related with some scallops and their coral bits. I was pleased.
Canned is mushy and sweet. Frozen is much, much nicer and no need to overcook. As soon as it starts to boil it’s pretty much ready.
My personal favorite is the fresh ones I get from the store. They are not sweet and have this creamy texture when you let them cook for a while. If you want to turn it into mash or soup, fresh one is recommended because of ifs much more dense texture.

you're a faggot around the house

It's the middle of winter, you fag.

tajin is mostly for fresh fruits user, i wouldn't be able to stomach tajin with meat and i'm mexican

Integral rice + 2 slices of pork meat, followed by tomato, carrot and onion salad.

it is also used for chicken ya goob.

How did it go?

yummy

Chicken salad, roast chicken, sliced fruit, pork chops, and boiled eggs. Prepping meals for next week.