grubstreet.com/2013/06/ice-machines-bacteria-toilet-water.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, are you dead yet?

depends on how bad the workers are.

it probably won't kill you or give you violent diarrhea, probably

>I like to chew on ice
>Every time without fail
>*uhh do you know that's really bad for your teeth???*

Motherfucker I've been eating ice my whole life and I have all my teeth, shut the hell up.

It's actually some of the best ice available, and nearly impossible to replicate at home.

grubstreet.com/2013/06/ice-machines-bacteria-toilet-water.html

i love chewing fast food ice more than anything else but everyone gets weirded out so i can only do it if i buy the drink and bring it home

You're going to regret it. I have the same habit. One time I chipped my tooth so bad that I ended up having to get a root canal.

pretty bad

I work in a burger joint

It's just ice ffs, it's normal

I would rather die than having to endure that, just seeing people chew on ice already gives me shivers. I'm a little bitch when it comes to using my teeth like that.

A root canal isn't that bad honestly, it's just tiring to keep your mouth open that whole time. They inject you with a shit-ton of anesthetic and you literally can't feel a thing.

It's pretty bad for your wallet innit?

with insurance i think they're like a couple hundred bucks
no big deal

go to sonics and buy the bag of ice for like 2 bucks. Its the small little ice bits they're great for chewing compared to other spots.

no shit

I was talking about chipping your tooth with ice, that's what would cause me nightmares.

DANGER! FOOD INTAKE LINKED WITH DEATH!!!

no it actually really is that bad and the fact that you prefer ignore what is being done does not diminish it

Sounds like your own problem desu

i don't chew mcdonalds ice :^)

does mcdonalds still sell ice? i remember actually buying bags of ice from them in the 90s when wed go to the beach for the cooler.

/ice/ general
i fucking hate ice from refrigerators. nothing beats the donut ice.

Yeah we get our ice from there. Usually a good deal although occasionally the workers are too retarded to fill the bag correctly so you get gypped with a bag of ice way below the fill line. Freezer ice has that nasty freezer taste.

>food = sugar

do americans really?

name one (1) edible food that doesn't contain at least trace amounts of sugar

ice

never change Veeky Forums

Is it actually?

fast food ice can be awesome! Sonic has the best.

nice! yea freezer ice is disgusting. i always buy ice. during irma i was tempted to go to mcdonalds and buy all their ice but i wasnt sure if they still did it. i ended up with 6 huge bags of ice from the gas station and my power didnt even go out.

i actually brought some bags over to my buddy's house to dump in his fish tank because the fish were getting too hot.

soft ice is
FUCKING
AMAZING

>Just how bad is fast food ice?
Fast food is probably fine. Chain restaurants are probably fine. These places are designed using corporate decisions that fix some of the bad things wrong at lesser establishments.
It's about people not getting sickened. They will use all their ice all day every day and it's going to have regulations on washing the thing daily too, kind of like how they have to wash the soft serve daily.
Regular restaurants & bars....not as trustworthy. If it matters to you, go look where they get their ice on your way to the bathroom. Is there a scoop left inside of the machine where a handle that touches hands is laying on clean ice? Is there a hopper and an external dispenser like you see often in hotel guest machines where they fill up buckets instead? That's okay then.

>Motherfucker I've been eating ice my whole life and I have all my teeth, shut the hell up.
It's physics. Applying pressure with the frozen cold ice when you bite down is what is causing the microfissures in the enamel on your teeth. The issue isn't so much breaking a tooth off but making your enamel not last your whole life. It's those microscopic crevices that will weaken and shorten the life of the tooth by damaging the enamel protection. I don't know how long your "whole life" is right now, and though genetics and your mother's in utero diet and your youthful diet affects bone and the thickness of your enamel....it certainly isn't a good idea to intentionally weaken the enamel. If you have any deep dental work at all, a filling is like a wedge-shaped item in the hole it is covering, and, hard items are like a hammer on that wedge, and it's the filling that will break the tooth when you bite down on a popcorn kernel, an almond, or a piece of ice. It's bad news. Possibly that is what the other guy was using as an example. Suck on ice, don't bite it.

imho would not feed to dog

S I P S

>the fish were getting too hot
Don't know why this made me laugh. Yeah there's nothing worse than going over to a friend's house and having to put big chunks of ice from their usually gross freezer filled with old food/food that isn't in a container or wrapped in anything.
What shape of ice do you like? I like pebble ice from Sonic and the cylindrical ice with the hole that you can put your tongue through.

Rabbit cooked over a fire.

You'll starve to death on rabbit.

I've worked in pubs and bars before and having experienced first hand the state that ice machines will be allowed to get before anyone bothers cleaning them, I rarely have it in my drinks now. Chains are probably okay because usually workers can't slack off or have to do shit jobs like that, same goes for fast food (hopefully).

Not that bad actually.
You're more likely to get sick from the soda fountain nipples though.

>soda fountain nipples

if you only eat the meat... then yes you will get protein poisoning. you need to eat the brain, eyes, offal and skin to survive.

well, it was pretty mf hot outside and its a salt water tank and none of the water was being circulated so they got too hot lol.

i like the ice that looks like a long donut