Bachelor meals

Ok, i am 30, live alone (have my black cat) work 10 to 12 hour days, 6 days a week....what can I cook that is simple, healthy and doesn't require too many dishes (hate doing dishes) also half ass simple ingredients as I live in a very small Kansas town and don't have access to many different ingredients......TL;DR. Fast simple 1 man meals home cooked.

Other urls found in this thread:

pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-arroz-con-pollo/
youtube.com/watch?v=DQeyjgSUlrk
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/04/jewish-braised-brisket-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>work 10 to 12 hour days, 6 days a week
Cyanide.

There's no point in going on like this. It won't get any better.

I'm a CNC machinist, its hardly work, but one of my machines was down for 2 months, so I gotta catch back up....as I said, I'm single, only have a cat that is very independent..

First of all what kinds of meals do you like/dislike ? Any particular culture of food do you like ? E.g. Mexican, Italian etc.

Anything you will absolutely not eat ?

This can be done for the week
Invest in a slow cooker

Take about two pounds of chicken breasts or thighs bone less skinless

Add to slow cooker. Add salsa and seasoning to slow cooker. Cook low for four to eight hours on your day off.

When done, store in fridge,

You can eat it by itself, or with tortillas ( tacos, burritos, and casadillas)

Make rice once a week too.

Not really, nothing bland....i loved the food that Ecuador had.....their soups....I need recipes, but they use ingredients not available here

Guess I can always order ingredients online if they dont have to be fresh

Breakfast casserole is good

In a baking pan add eggs, cheese, sausage or bacon, and buiscuts ( optional)
Bake at 400 f until ingredients are fully cooked. Store in fridge, and cut off a slice and microwave.

Make as many as you need for the week on your day off.

OK I don't know alot about Ecuador food but I can help you out.

I would invest in a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot.

The idea is that you bulk buy the staples ingredients like beans/rice/ herbs used often.

Then you can either buy frozen or fresh meat and put it in a freezer for storage.

Then you buy fresh veg once a week when you plan out the meal in advance.

If you use a pressure cooker/instant pot you would only need to cook once/twice a week and simply reheat a meal each time you need to eat.

pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-arroz-con-pollo/

So take that for example. Just cut and put everything in a pot and it's done. Increase amounts for more servings.

Literally look up a meal you like + instantpot on google.

Omeletes my dude. But 12 (or 24) eggs and whatever cold cuts and cheese you like. I recommend turkey breast and American cheese, shit’s heavenly. I also bought a bottle of dried parsley and I whisk that in with the eggs before frying it to make the omelet. Give it a try OP, fast easy meal with zero prep time, easy on calories and you can easily make it gluten free.

That, or once in a while buy a huge steak. Rub salt and pepper on it and pan fry it with some butter or olive oil. Easy, SUPER filling meal

Wow it's like looking at my future. At least I don't live in flyover land.

>have my black cat
my wife's black cat*

>nonstick pan
>metal tongs on a nonstick pan
>zero sear
>minced garlic
>somehow got the rosemary and thyme correct

>boneless
>skinless
It's as if you hate flavor

Since you desperately need to be spoonfed, just get a better homes and gardens cookbook. Just about everything in it will be edible and will call for nothing you can't find in Kansas.

>one of my machines was down for 2 months, so I gotta catch back up
That's not your problem, that's your employer's problem.

And he works for his employer, so the task falls to him.
I dunno where you're trying to go with this. He's being paid for it, isn't he? Mondo overtime, too. Even if he's salaried you still have to be compensated for overtime now.

Shh, I'm encouraging him not to put up with such chicanery.

rice and beans
beef stew
sandwiches
i was a CNC operator at a steel shop for a while and it was the fucking coolest job i've ever had. Nice, OP
anyway just slow cooker the fuck out of stuff, put in tupperware, take to work. big thermos if you don't have a microwave.

Any good recipes?

yeah, you still worry about it even if it's not technically your problem
you feel pride/ownership in your machine/area

one of my fave ecuadorian chicken meals>>

2-4 lb chicken (doesnt matter breast, thigh, bone in or not, just your preference)
>2-3 yellow onions (chop lengthwise)
>2-3 bell peppers (chop lengthwise)
>garlic (either a whole or half bulb, mince it)
>2-3 cups chicken broth (any brand you like -- if u dont know you should try a few brands)

put all this in a baking dish, together, pour the chicken broth on top cover with tin foil, bake at 350 for about an hour, but turn over the chicken halfway through. It's done when you cut the chicken in the thickest part and its not pink at all (or you can use one of those thermometers)

Serve over rice with the broth all up in there, with beans on side if you like

Quesadilla

Just get a rice cooker.

youtube.com/watch?v=DQeyjgSUlrk

>(have my black cat)
pics?

>single man
>has a cat
Just transition already you degenerate

I've had dogs, iguanas, ferrets, turtles, snakes, crabs (bad date) but my cat found me, shebwas kicked out of her litter in the snow, she found me, I took her in and fed her, gave her a warm place to sleep and she has never left....I love her more than any human. So far all I care you can just kys :)

>Implying the cyanide is for working 60-70 hours per week when it should really be for owning both a penis and a cat

A kitten jumped in my car this morning, cold and hungry, so now I have 2 cats

>live alone
>have 2 cats

yogurt and berries for brekkie
sandwiches for lunch
a chicken breast for dinner, with vegetables or potato

That sounds good

sometimes i get small steaks instead of chicken

i always try to have a protein and vegetables for dinner. i don't have a microwave so i don't like having leftovers

this week Kroger has bagged salad kits for $1.99 which is a pretty good deal so i am going to stock up (at least 7) and i will have those instead of vegetables for dinner

Get a big 3 gallon pot and start making hearty soups - Ham and bean, chicken noodle, split pea, etc.
Start making fresh bread or at least buy some good crusty stuff.
Both of those keep well, fill you up, are cheap, and you can make a lot of soups using only one pot.

yo thats a cute cat
do you have prepacked seasoning like pic related in the US of A? we have them for almost every meal in germany
i live on these things, you just fry the meat in a big pan, throw the rice in after, put some water in and add the pre packaged seasoning and stir a bit
wait 20 min and its ready to eat

forgot the pic

It’s the recipe. I personally prefer bone in skin on chicken

The cat is the white man of the animal world. It values its independence, has a quiet and reserved demeanor, and happily feeds itself while removing vermin from the land.

The dog is the negro of the animal world. It lives only to serve its master, depends on handouts for food, makes noise constantly, and is so prone to violence that it must be kept on a leash anytime it's not locked up inside.

This.

I'm also a single man with a black cat

I would eat that pizza

That's a cute kot. Your offering is acceptable. Like everyone else said, on those hours, a slow cooker is your best friend. Just google "slow cooker recipes", drop in your beef, chicken, pork, whatever, along with herbs, spices, veggies, and starches (rice or potatoes) before you go to work. When you come home you have a hot meal waiting for you and only one dish to wash.

Also, BIG batches of soups and stews on your day off. Figure out what one portion is for you (two ladles of soup fills one bowl for me), then portion it out in freezer bags and freeze. Avoid pasta-based soups unless you want to cook some fresh pasta for each serving. Otherwise the pasta will soak up all the broth and turn to mush, especially after freezing and thawing.

Another day-off item is roasts. All you need is a cutting board and roasting pan (a deep pan that can go in the oven and hold plenty of soon-to-be jus or gravy. Pop in your chuck roast beef, whole chicken, or pork shoulder, add in your herbs and seasoning, along with some sliced carrots, celery, onions, and potatoes cut to bite-sized cubes, and water. Cover with foil and roast that bitch for a couple hours. You'll have an awesome hot meal with plenty of leftovers for the next few days. When you're eating the leftovers, you can get yourself a loaf of good French or Italian bread, toast it in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 on a baking sheet, and have some good toast points for dipping in the jus.

the problem with salads is they brown quick. Then again I guess when they're bagged that's not an issue

Get an instant pot or other multi-cooker.
You can basically stick a load of ingredients in there and let it slow cook while you're at work, or pressure cook them when you get home,
The nicer ones have searing and steaming setting too.

It has been decided, crock pot stews and shit....also, here is the new kitten I named Meme because she found me on a Caturday

Thanks guys

She moves too much to take a good pic, because of Parkinson's

Yeah just buy a bunch of veggies and chicken, throw it into a vegetable soup. Maybe buy some loaves of bread but fresh loaves don't stay fresh long. Guess you could freeze them.

Those are long days, almost too long for crock pots, but some items will work, like brisket, corned beef and bone-in roasts, and bean soups. A newer crock pot that switches from low to keep warm, would work too.

Bag of 13 bean soup mix and cubed ham steaks or ham hocks or turkey legs. Come home, squeeze in a lemon or handful of parsley to finish it it, ladle out a portion or two with some french bread on the side. Pack up the rest into some freezer containers or ziplocs for another night down the line.

Boston butt roast, on a bed of sliced onions, a bay leaf, handful of peppercorns water or stock about 1/2 way up the roast. Come home, drain, and shred with fork, fold in some favorite warmed BBQ sauce and serve on soft buns. Second night, can warm with lime, garlic, olive oil and make it cuban-style roast mojo pork. True BBQ fans can finish pulled pork with the sauce on top and caramelize that under the broiler. With the myriad of bbq sauce flavors you can be creative and do hawaiian style, or add pickles or slaw types to the bun.

Baking on your one day off might be nice to fill up your freezer for planned leftovers. Stud a rump roast with garlic, and slice it the next day into open faced roast beef. Bake off a turkey breast, have turkey salad. Broil a flank steak, enjoy steak salad with thai flavors or cobb salad. Morph it or freeze it. I love baking mini meatloaves and they can be seasoned differently from each other after the basic mix is prepped, portion out and add your different toppings or extra fillings. Hoison and ginger, or greek gyro style, anything you want.

Cookbooks you might enjoy seek to buy focus on "sheet pan suppers for 2" where you dump your main, veggies, aromatics or seasonings and starch on the same cookie sheet and bake together. Roasted items set in hot ovens can be done in under 30 minutes while you clean up from the day with a shower or a chore or two. Everything morphs day 2 into a pasta topping or rice bowl.

Either reassignment to another machine or for whatever dumb reason, temporarily laid off and received unemployment at a reduced price of those missed working hours.

I'm loving this OT, everyone already left, been working since 5 am, was told to work as long as I can....its 2pm right now, shooting for 5pm

>Those are long days, almost too long for crock pots

you cook the food overnight ya big dummy. i bought a chuck roast the other day and i wasnt paying attention and thought it was a fat steak. once i cut off a few chunks and grilled them and realized what a mistake i had made i decided to use the crockpot for the rest.

>giant chuck roast
>red onion sliced
>bag of baby carrots
>4 big cloves of garlic crushed
>thyme & bay leaf
>1 cup red wine
>1 cup chicken broth
>few tsp of soy sauce
>tomato paste

literally just mix it up and put it on for 8 hours on low. when you wake up the house smells awesome and you can bring some for lunch and put the rest in the fridge for later. i like to take the sauce and make it into a gravy with cornstarch and eat it over noodles.

this is also good-
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/04/jewish-braised-brisket-recipe.html

i guess a crockpot isnt exactly FAST but if you put it in before bed and once you wake up it feels like an instant meal. if you want actually fast just make stir fry. theres no fucking way you dont have soy sauce in KS.

need:
>chicken breasts (2)
>an onion
>a can of diced tomatoes, undrained (like ~400 g)
>a package of baby spinach (170g)
>garlic (2 cloves, or more if you are smart and love garlic)
>pepper/salt/basil/whatever

it's all getting done in 1 large/deep pan
>oil the pan, brown the chicken
>chop the onions+garlic while browning
>add both to the pan, let onions soften
>empty can of tomatoes into pan with liquid, add some pepper and basil (plus whatever else you want as spices)
>bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. maintain a simmer
>add spinach and let it wilt (covering it helps if you've got a lid, but not necessary

done
1 pan, no other dishes aside from the knife and whatever you cut the onions on. Mades a good amount, you'll probably have another serving for the following day. Tastes great, all good ingredients, wildly low effort. Every time I come home dog-tired this is what I go back to

cats are for people who like to say they have a pet when really they just have a wild animal that doesn't give a fuck about them and that they let shit inside and clean up after it.

Only Indians.....Type like this......Please desist.

christ GTFO of Kansas user

Bro if you have a slow cooker it's easy as fuck. Get a jar of salsa and as many chicken breasts as you want. Throw all that shit in together.

Then make a huge pot of rice and beans. If you're feeling fancy put some bell peppers, broccoli, and onions in the oven and roast the fuck out of them. Season however you want, but when I'm super lazy I use black pepper

>single man working 12 hour days
Sounds Indian to me

qt black cat

buy those zatarains mixes and spice them up with kielbasa/peppers/onions/shrimp

OK might have an idea for you. It is not aesthetic to look at and there is better tasting food for sure. When I have very little time and want to eat both healthy and cheap, I make the stuff in pic related. Either you know you hate it right away - or you will have to try it to see if its something you can add to your staple foods. This dish is made with 4 ingredients: cabbage, mincemeat, rice and salt. Boil rice. Cut roughly half a cabbage into slices, add to a large pot, add salt and steam with 1/4 cup of water for ~30 minutes. Thereafter you add the mincemeat and steam another 10-15 minutes whilst stirring the pot. That's it. Serve cabbage/mincemeat with rice. Note that I add the meat after I am done steaming the cabbage. I do this to expose the food as little as possible to heat in order to preserve as much nutrition as possible. Hoverer, this is up to you - you can fry the meat first to give the dish a richer flavor. A few drops of Tabasco go well with this dish.

Jesus fucking christ dude, you need help. The memes about white people are real. It would be so simple to improve that dish.

Ay! Take it ease there butplugg! This dish works fine if you are single, have little time and want to eat healthy cheaply. I am well aware that adding a few more ingredients makes all the difference - we are talking about balancing and prioritizing here you fucking buffoon. Chop up some almonds and raisins, add them to the mincemeat, add some onions and herbs. Boil the cabbage and carefully take it apart. Roll the mincemeat mixture into the leafs and roll into cylinders. Fry them and then bake them in the oven in a large steel frying-pan with a lid. Prepare a tomato sauce. Serve it and add some sour cream. Of course it tastes better but some of us have actual work to attend to in order to pay for the welfare checks that fat stupid people receive. Dont give me that "white people" baloney. I have lived almost 20 years in Africa and I could tell you about some African culinary experiences that would keep you awake at night. White people have the finest cuisine and food culture in the world so spare me. Eat whatever processed industrialized shit you like. Stuff your throat with deep fried chicken, greasy burger, donuts and flush it all down with a bucket of Coca-cola you fucking faggot.

Here, some "white people" food for you, faggot.

cook for an entire week or more when you find the time

And here, African dining. This diarrhea on rice is Matapa, unironically among the better African dishes you will find.

Probably the best advice in this thread so far. Make volumes, refrigerate and freeze.