youtube.com/watch?v=BLaw49zBi6o
warosu.org/ck/thread/5223530#p5225787
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry, I dont eat wall food

T.Murrican who eats McDonalds everyday

yep i like molé. nothing else like it

>What is curry

Is that diarrhea chicken and rice?

I tried Mole once, it's pretty good. Has an almost pungent, smoky taste; kind of like Gopher or Woodchuck.

>haha it look like a poopoo

>Poop XD
Get out underage

I love mole, carnitas is also a favorite. Tamales, chilaquiles is another favorite. it's basically an enchilada cassarole where you fry the torillas crispy first.

the only mexican food I feel I really don't like so far is Menudo. The tripe is alright but the sauce looks like it's savory and tomato based, but in reality it's bitter pepper water. and I couldn't do that, in combination with the chewy tripe and the hominy. it was just an odd mix that I couldn't find pleasant despite many spoonfuls.

I like curry, but it has tomatoe and other vegetables, while mole has chared dry chilies, toasted nuts and sesame seeds
They are eaten the same, but they are very different

there are multiple types of moles. OP's is mole negro/mole poblana

That looks like it would be far too rich

I strapped on a pair and made Rick Bayless' red mole and it was goat af. My goal this winter is to take a weekend and make his black mole recipe from Oaxaca. I have to order some of the ingredients on-line because in this shithole backwater the nearest international market doesn't carry some of that stuff.

latina.com/food/recipes/secret-rick-baylesss-oaxacan-mole?amp

That’s why it is paired with rice

Godtier mexican food coming through

>Menudo

i prefer cuban menudo with lots of this. great for hangovers.

My gf is Mexican and her mom usually makes a lot of traditional Mexican dishes. I can't tell if she's a bad cook or if Mexican food in general is bad

t. ugly manlet spics

She probably just wants an anchor baby then she'll leave your beta ass

is it like curry?
it looks like

OP, mole is amazing. It's sad that mexican restaurants can use the same canned brand far too often. Mole should be different from chef to chef.

>cuban menudo
No menudo recipe exists in cuban cuisine unless you invented it. It's also a mexican-spanish derived term, and wouldn't really be adopted into cuban society whatsoever, historically speaking.
If you mean guisa de patas y panzas (shank and tripe), it's not remarkable in ingredients, quite bland, with no herbs and just a beef shank, and absolutely nothing like menudo in complexity with not a single herb.

If you had said cuban tamal en cazuela with this soothing cornmeal and salty rich pork, or colombian sancocho with its healing yuca, creamy plantain, lime and cilantro graced broth and rich beef falling off the bone, and whole corn, well then, yes, ultimate hangover foods.

> (OP)
>is it like curry?
>it looks like

It is most BASICALLY the flavor of red enchilada sauce but with an enhancement...
+nuttiness and creamy mouthfeel from the fat in from pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds or almonds
+more aromatic spices like coriander seeds, allspice, cloves, mexican canela,oregano
+bitter dark chocolate flavors without sweetness (cacao is different in the americas than europe and africa)
+sweetness that balances the bitterness but it comes from dried orange peel, or raisins or raisiny rich sweeter peppers like anchos or negras chilies
+corniness from blended day old corn tortillas,which is masa that thicken it

It is served with meat that likes enchilada sauce, slow simmered on the bone poultry, and the cooking liquid that has all that gelatin in it is the stock in the mole. It can handle gamier meat like turkey, duck, or dark meat chicken quarters and thighs, and so it's frequent pairing. When you've had good mole, there's just nothing more comfy and sublime.

I"ve tried it in Chicopee. Was pretty good. Lots of spices and rich and warm. GOod stuff

I love mole. It's always a unique culinary experience.

Yes, my favorite meal since it's cheap and you can make a shit load of black mole for a few days.

That looks like a big slop of shit.

wasn't this made with blood originally, forbidden, and now made with dark chocolate as a substitute?

Mexican food all tastes the same.

Maybe. The Aztecs thought serving food splashed with the blood of sacrificial victims was a great honor and were offended when the Spaniards were disgusted by it.

>t. nip that only eat rice

actually am mexican. if the food is not bland it is fucking nasty, I cite chile rellenos.

>actually am chicano
marica

>i love greasy heat burn
fatty

>spaniards literally drink the blood and eat the body of their sky pilot
>but we was kangs and shiite!

I made friends with the Mexicans at my job and one of their wives makes homemade mole, the brown Poblano and the green Pipian with pumpkin,

Today he brought me Enchiladas with Mole Poblano. It was amazing. Better than most Mexican restaurants.

Basically I am saying I fucking love Mole,

Cacao is the same shit in the Americas as it is in Europe you faggot.

Looks like you need use to 'vark and some 'cha.

I love chewy animal scraps in shitty broth!

that poster is probably talking about cocoa processed with alkali

i looked it up, its actually mondongo. similar enough but without the beaner foods like hominy and whatever.

>falling for a meme food
whats next
you're gonna tell me that french and italian food are good too

Pipian verde is the better tasting dish though

>in college
>work as a janitor to earn some beer money
>fellow janitor is a Mexican immigrant
>he goes back to Mexico to visit his family
>brings back some Mole sauce his wife made for us to try
>it tasted fucking amazing
>also gave me food poisoning for multiple days straight
>mfw that's how you know it's authentic

yup, I've had the real deal

Rick Bayless is GOAT to put it more broadly.

I found mole to be overrated. Wouldn't be my first choice of sauce to go with enchiladas and rice.

>moles

holy shit is there anything 3rd world subhumans WON'T eat?

>try mexican food out in while abroad in america
>more than half of it are black beans
ew

> (You)
>Cacao is the same shit in the Americas as it is in Europe you faggot.
Different cultivars

Get with the times gramps, we call them niggers now

I really want to try some of the weirder Mexican dishes, like pic related and that corn fungus thing. Also the chiles rellenos with walnut sauce on them. They're really hard to find in the US though, even in California.

Doesn't taste anything like curry though

You sound like an old lady...and im pretty sure you dont know what "rich" means.

that looks so goddamn good

I worked on a smallish cruise line boat; 90 passengers, 25 crew. Crew food was kind of what you'd expect it to be: leftovers from the passengers' last meal and easy to make food. This was back in the early 2000s.
I had this complicated recipe for a really great poblano mole that I wanted to treat the crew with. It took me all week to gather ingredients from different stops along the way. Pepitos, mexican chocolate, peppers, etc weren't readily available, but I wanted to do the dish justice and I thought it would make the staff happy.
I guess I should add that I paid out of pocket for these ingredients, because it was definitely not in the budget. I was okay with it. I love food.
Anyway, short story long, they hated it. "hmmm, what's this?! ...oh."
I was miffed. Felt slighted and unappreciated. Decided that the fuckers were getting hotdogs and shitty burgers for the next 2 days for lunch.
They were stoked "Awesone! hot dogs!".
To be quite honest, I shook my head in distain.

Even if this were true, atleast McDonald's doesn't give you dysentery.

sad story. at least you tried.

It's wall food.. what do you expect?

Yes, sad, but I learned something: cater to your audience. Instead of making chicken mole I should have made an awesome condiment bar for hot dogs. Really, the engineers and deckhands (who are most important) would have appreciated that more.

>Rick Bayless
Lets warm up tortillas folks in a microwave so they turn out "perfect"
The fucker is such a fucking troll

I've always disliked him. I don't know if you were around for the great "WTF Rick Bayless" era, but
youtube.com/watch?v=BLaw49zBi6o
That and his (seemingly) incestuous relationship with his daughter is enough to hate him,
but he kinda knows what the fuck he's talking about.

>When you've had good mole, there's just nothing more comfy and sublime.
Id remove comfy and agree
Serious homemade mole from scratch is no joke in qualified hands its very unlikely you will ever have such a meal at any price without outright being fortunate or really do some work at looking for the downhome stuff
The good stuff has many distinct notes of everything rolled into one and it shows, it really, really shows and all other moles pale in comparison

>microwaving isn't a suitable way to reheat something that was originally steamed

t. retard

Reminder this fuckwit is an "expert"
Stay away from my meal

Did you cuck them afterwards?

retard

Is this what bait has become
I am disappoint sna/ck/ers
Reminder 4 years ago ck had an user work on mole step by step
warosu.org/ck/thread/5223530#p5225787
Using a metate is what you want for a good mole
Molcajetes are ok but barely