Easter

What are the culinary Easter traditions where you live/come from? Do you follow them? Any particular dish you're looking forward to?

yes we celebrate the resurrection of a jewish carpenter by eating pork, it makes no sense.

see
do I follow them? no

My family never had any particular special food for Easter. It was more about getting everyone together to have a meal and celebrating family.

I'm unlikely to be able to meet with my family for Easter as I live out of state, but if I did, I'd probably make some sort of roast. Something easily shared among a lot of people.

im not a believer and i still follow certain customs

We always do a braised rabbit and usually some devilled eggs.

i wait for da rabbit to hide choccie eggs then ritually slaughter a goat in his honor

It’s basically a smaller Thanksgiving without the extended family and you don’t hate yourself at the end. So it’s got that going for it.

Some people are making it more like Christmas and it sort of irks me. I know of families who buy their kids big easter presents instead of just hiding eggs/candy for them. I think the biggest thing I got on easter as a kid was a giant chocolate rabbit. I know it’s too late to save Christmas from commercialization but I thought easter would hold out a little longer.

*drools*

Easter is the celebration of Spring and fertility,
we celebrate it with rabbits and eggs, both symbols of fertility.
I celebrate it by eating rabbit stew.

I usually try to fund those hollow cbocolate bunnies that have that unique low quality but still tasty appeal to them.

My mother-in-law has a fit if we don't.

My family is Czech. We don't do a whole lot that's special for Easter but we do make a sweet bread that's similar to challah. I always make the deviled eggs because my family is afraid of vinegar and paprika and theirs always suck.

Looks like a big slop of shit.

>cultural traditions make no sense
Globalism in action, everybody.

don't your parents ever send you to bed?

We do a ham, as my mother doesn't like lamb. We also get the See's giant eggs, those fuckers are great but super rich. Normally we have potatoes dauphinois as a side, goes great with ham, and some spring veggies. No kids, so no more easter eggs.

Growing up, my family always had ham and southern side dishes for easter dinner, but now that it's just me and my own little family, I make grilled lamb, dolmades, flatbread, saffron rice, and salad made with cucumber, tomato, onion, and parsley in vinaigrette, along with all the "trimmings" like Labne, garlic sauce, persian pickles, lemon, tahini sauce, etc. Not only is it delicious, but I feel like it's more appropriate anyway. I save the southern food traditions from my family for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

>dolmades

I could eat that shit every day. Nothing brightens up your day better than Mediterranean food.

doesn't that word mean "little turds"

magiritsa, man

easter on a plate

no

Religious slav here, Easter is obviously a big event (more important than Christmas over here), but I actually find most of the traditional food to be very underwhelming.

Basically you have dyed eggs (traditionally tinted red using onion skins, nowadays a lot of people just use random food colourings for rainbow egg assortments), kulitch which is extremely similar to panettone, and then paskha which is essentially made from cottage cheese, egg, and butter. I'm not aware of any particularly traditional meat dishes, and after not eating meat for the duration of lent that usually ends up being the highlight, rather than the eggs and shit.

Sure, just look at this ugly motherfucker.

This right here! Always looking forward to easter just for this

based slop of shit poster

Pączki

punch kee xdd