Okay co/ck/s whats the consensus on these things

okay co/ck/s whats the consensus on these things

They're finally at a price point where I could justify purchasing one.

They're free?

I get paid to take one?

Look at what I made

They're pretty cool but definitely not a necessity. Work great for some foods (seafood, eggs, steaks) and really poorly for others (chicken, green vegetables). One of the best thing is that it takes all of the guesswork out of cooking things to a certain temperature since there's no way to overcook anything.

you can make this in 10 minutes using something called a stovetop and pan

No you cant, there wont be any plastic in it

Sous vide is ok.
But that is a toy.

lots of banding for sous vide.

eh steaks are better reversed seared.

just supplement the loss of plastic with a glass of soy milk

I like mine for beef (pic related) and pork, but it has its limitations. I feel like chicken breast made with it us super juicy, but it had the weirdest texture, maybe it's just me.

What's banding?

gray band

It's not just you. Something weird happens to chicken during sous-vide. I find it really off putting.

the gray on the meat, it means you seared it at too low a temp, probably didn't do too much to it taste wise

It was almost like the meat was uniform, without any "banding/grain/stringing" which was really strange. It tasted absolutely delicious though.

it just means he wasted his time with sous vide since you can get the same results in a pan in 10 minutes time.

sous vide is great and probably the greatest innovation in cooking tools since its inception. but Veeky Forums hates it cause it's sorta new if you're a flyover and you can't afford it on autism bucks

I made this full tenderloin the other day, it turned out amazing. Sous vide was one of the best cooking investments I've made, it's easy, foolproof, and turns out perfect every time

That looks like a big slop of shit

did you forget to sear it?

see. a. doctor

stop fucking shitposting in every thread

go away

are you blind?

I really like mine for pork, perfect juicy every damn time, even on really thick chops. Does great with beef, especially roasts. Sure you can can get pretty much the same results with other methods, but I like knowing that I don't have to watch stuff like a hawk, since it won't over cook, if something comes up and you are busy for 30mins. Also nice that you can set it up and then do other shit. Even if it takes longer going simply by cooking time, it's a time saver for me because it is doing it unwatched.

I need to try some of these 24+ hour cooks.