Guacamole thread

guacamole recipes/tips?

personally i like to leave some chunks of avocado. it adds to the experience.

OMG yes. Ripe avocados. A little diced red onion. Some cumin. A little salt. A little cilantro. Cannot be improved upon.

Looks like a big slop of shit.

putting a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar in it

Have you eaten anything that wasn't microwaveable in the last week? Fuck off if you don't like it.

>chuncky
Its supposed to chunky fucknugget.
Quit acting like its your little spin on a classic.

Stop forcing this meme and stay go pls

is it weird that I love guac but hate avocado proper?

guac is real good, I like to leave mine chunky because that's how it's supposed to be served if I recall

You're missing the lemon juice.
I normally leave out the onions.

Add quesillo cubes

Add lime juice also

>cumin
>onion
>no lime
pleb

Ah, I see. A California thread. After all, noone else in the United States is insane enough to keep this shitty vegetable paste around Well, as a CA resident, I shall contribute a way to make avocados NOT suck.
HERE'S THE 5-O
Chicken Salad Sandwich, as taught by my brother:
>make some GUAC
>mix with pre-cooked chicken from a tin (NOT TO BE CONFUSED with entire chicken in a can)
>Cut some Cali sourdough slices
>spread that green stuff on
I don't recommend toasting the slices, this tends to make the spread squish out the sides.

Not really. The vegetable is trash and a monument to CA liberal hypocrisy.
>Slavery is bad, we need to heighten the minimum wage
>You can't deport those immigrants, I need my 25 cent avocados!

I used to put more stuff in, tomatoes, onion, etc but I've realised simpler is generally better, just salt, lime, maybe some chopped cilantro, mashed with chunks.

>a way to make avocados NOT suck.
Or you could just eat the avocado. Do Americans really have to drown out fresh produce in meat and bread?

Eating avocados plain is one of THE WORST culinary decisions you could ever make. They're a trash veg that only gets better if you make it into a spread or dip.

My super basic guac gets received well. Just one clove of finely minced garlic for every avocado, salt and pepper. Half a finely minced jalapeno per avocado as well for those who like it.

>lemon juice

Get out.

Who here /minimalist/?
Literally all guac needs is avocados, lime juice and a shitload of salt

add lime and some cherry tomatoes

pro tip: peas

Lime, cilantro, celery salt, Serrano, red onion

Thank me later

Or gala apple, chipotle in the can instead of Serrano and celery salt

Again, thank me later

This is how I do it. Avocado, lime, salt. Mash it up. Adding tomato, red onion, cilantro, garlic, chilies...that all takes away from the taste of avocado.

You're confusing ethical principles and constitutional authority with garbage talk fed to you by white nativists/nationalists. To put it in lingo you can understand: "Damn, nigga, you DUMB!"

1. Not a vegetable, retard.
2. Lovely on their own with just a little salt.

I bet you don't eat tomatoes either.

>minimalist
Yup, same here. Only salt, lime, and a touch of minced serrano pepper. Perfection.

>cilantro takes away from the taste of avocado
>chilies take away from the taste of avocado
Wrong.

I find them unnecessary, but you do you. That's the great thing about cooking, user, there's lots of ways to do things.

why do you think the world needs more negativity?
you are a waste of life.

>not realizing big sack of shit poster is either a bot prototype or a literal downie
How's your first day on the "wide wild world" of the internet treating you?

>Some fucking nigger (all races) puts a chip in your guacamole like that with their fucking hand
Pisses me off.

>taking a stranger's opinion of a picture of another stranger's food so seriously that you think about the entire world and the negativity in it
Get fuckin checked out, have a mental evaluation and see a psychiatrist.

I am usually making pico de gallo salsa if I'm making guac, so I prep the add-ins and then distribute to two bowls:

minced onion (white or red)
minced serrano
cilantro
lime juice

I let those items marinate a touch in the lime juice, in the fridge 5 minutes in a large bowl.
I scoop out my avocado, roughly cutting in the peel and then spooning out. I also try to leave about half chunky. Fold in the add-ins, a little salt and pepper, and return to fridge about 10 minutes. I'll taste it with a chip and see if it needs more lime or salt.

Protip: If it's bland, some emergency thing that happens due to underripe or non-Hass avocados from the farmer's market, and you can't really fix that grassy underripe flavor with enough lime zest or salt, without adding fat, so a bit of crema or mayo. Tomatoes can sometimes be used to add flavor, folding in a little pico de gallo can help.

based slop of shit poster

The birth of a Veeky Forums meme. Congratulations, slop of shit poster.

I make guac once a week.

6-7 small 50cent avocados from Walmart
Half a red onion diced
A bunch of cilantro diced
4-5 cloves of garlic smashed thru a presser
kosher salt fine ground black pepper
Half a jar of pace salsa hot
A little bit of tapitio
A lime squeezed

ezaf and everybody always loves it

>premade salsa

>a recipe

nice job wasting everyones time.

I didn't even dehydrate my own sea water to make the salt either.

It's not a vegetable. It is a fruit.

Ripe avocados
Cumin
Tobasco
Fresh cilantro
Pepper
Salt
Fresh lime juice
Red onion diced finely
Tomato, wet innards removed, diced finely
JalapeƱo, diced finely
Little bit of Ve Tsin

Mash together, done

Ill need something lime this to dip for the soup orb owl

there's a youtube video called "fresh guacamole", that's a guy cutting up shit and making guac out of it, the avacado is a grenade, the chili is a lightbulb, etc. Anyway, if you follow what he does to a T, but obviously use the real shit, it turns out to be a damn tasty guac.

Yeah, I bet she doesn't even sour her own cream...

>putting salsa in your guacamole
fucking dumb

>50cent avocados
Is it true? Is this heaven on earth?
I hope I'm reincarnated in this green and pleasant land.

very wrong

drizzle a ripe avocado in balsamic vinegar olive oil and a bit of black pepper, it is muy delicioso