Let's talk about Tonic water for a moment

Let's talk about Tonic water for a moment.
What does Veeky Forums enjoy? Any brand preferences?

As for me, I enjoy TH, Fever tree and Goldberg more than Schweppes. None of them can compare to Dr. Polidori however if you just want that dry-yet-refreshing tonicy goodness. For regular consumption I'd go for the other 3 though. Not a big fan of the tonics that have some kinda unusual flavor added like cucumber or cherry blossom.

Also, glass > can >> plastic.

Most people on Veeky Forums gin threads recommend Fever Tree.

What’s the difference between tonic water and sparkling/seltzer

>tfw the only tonic I can easily get are sweetened with HFCS

Why the fuck do retards do this, I don't understand at all

tonic water has a little tinge of flavor

What else do I add to a gin & tonic?
Lime?

And a lot of sugar.

Fever Tree is the best I've tried, with Fentiman's being second. There's a boutique brand around me called East Imperial which is suuuuper dry and over-carbonated not hugely enjoyable.

Fever tree is the only one (commercially available) worth buying imo. Anything with hfcs is garbage quality.

Half a lime, no pulp

lime is good, whenever i use hendricks for tonic and gin I add a cucumber instead

I once made my own using a shitload of chinchona bark and orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime zest, with added star aniseed, cinnamon and a lot more, I don't remember. Shit was delicious

Among the store bought tonics, I usually take Royal Club because it's widely available, but when I can get it I use Fever Tree

>falling for the Hendicks snd cucumber meme

its good, not everything is a meme.

I find the cucumber doesn't really give off much taste. Also, there isn't much to Hendrick's that really calls for something else than other gins. Lemon is my favourite for all gins

lemon is pretty good too, you ever try adding in a bit of fresh ginger with lemon into a g&t? works surprisingly well!

I'll try it next weekend. Do you slice it or grate it?

i slice mine, a few thin slices should do you just fine

How important is the quality of the tonic for a g&t?
Could I just use a great gin with a mediocre tonic?

>how important is 90% of my drink
Tonic will make or break it. I'd rather have good tonic and bad gin

With a great gin and bad tonic, you might as well just have the gin with ice and a garnish if you like. Or keep the mixes 50/50 to not ruin the gin.

Isn't modern tonic water just sugar and no quinine?

for me, it's fevertree elderflower tonic

>ctrl+f
>0 results for bottle green

welp